The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I must have been at a different game last night. Thought we were poor and didn't think the deliveries from Doyle or Dixon were anything particularly special.

Totally agree. For the amount of time and space Dixon had last night I felt he was quite wasteful. The ball in for Sammon’s second was atrocious which Gomis somehow rescued. 
Tidser looked good when he came on which is promising. If we are sticking with this formation he has to start over Miller. I’d be tempted to move Miller to RWB and push Doyle to centre back over Durnan. The c**t is playing heels. Awful footballer.

Edited by wee_bairn

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I must have been at a different game last night. Thought we were poor and didn't think the deliveries from Doyle or Dixon were anything particularly special.

I watched on the telly.  The pundits were raving over Dixon's performance and gave him man of the match.  They must have been at a different game too?  I thought he was outstanding.   Maybe because he was up against a poor defence, I admit.   

Come on guys!  Give M&M the chance to get the best out of each player.  Time to get behind the team, even the players who have annoyed us so far.   Give the players a blank slate for the next month or so to see if they raise their game to what it should have been all season now we have two Falkirk guys at the helm.  McKinnon couldn't get them to play to their best.
Yes, Dixon is one of the players who have let us down this season, but he did show a significant improvement last night, yes against poor opposition, but nevertheless, he did raise his game and I think it's bad to get on his back for his best performance for us so far.

15 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I was at the same game as you.

We were woeful for long spells against an absolutely brutal non-league outfit.

3 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Come on guys!  Give M&M the chance to get the best out of each player.  Time to get behind the team, even the players who have annoyed us so far.   Give the players a blank slate for the next month or so to see if they raise their game to what it should have been all season now we have two Falkirk guys at the helm.  McKinnon couldn't get them to play to their best.
Yes, Dixon is one of the players who have let us down this season, but he did show a significant improvement last night, yes against poor opposition, but nevertheless, he did raise his game and I think it's bad to get on his back for his best performance for us so far.

Don’t you think it was less him raising his game and more him playing against amateur football players?

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

I was at the same game as you.

We were woeful for long spells against an absolutely brutal non-league outfit.

Linlithgow aren't the team they were. They seem unable to realise they need a vast change.

Camelon beat them 3 times this season. 3-2 away. 5-1 @ camelon in brown Ferguson's 2nd game. 2-1 @ camelon in cup aswell 

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Don’t you think it was less him raising his game and more him playing against amateur football players?

Yes of course Hughsie, I acknowledged that in my comment.  But he could only beat what was in front of him.  I just think we should get off the players back for a bit, while the new management team have the time to motivate them to play their best game, that's all.  I don't think that is controversial.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Yes of course Hughsie, I acknowledged that in my comment.  But he could only beat what was in front of him.  I just think we should get off the players back for a bit, while the new management team have the time to motivate them to play their best game, thats all.

I don’t think anyone is on his back because of his performance last night tbh. 

It’s the post-match comments people have taken issue with.

I actually don’t care about the comments but I won’t be praising a guy who has downed tools for large parts of his time here for having a decent game against the poorest team we’ve played in many a year.

21 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I watched on the telly.  The pundits were raving over Dixon's performance and gave him man of the match.  They must have been at a different game too?  I thought he was outstanding.   Maybe because he was up against a poor defence, I admit.   

He was playing against absolute dross. Watched some of it back this morning and Stewart was just spouting cliches about players he had heard of or watched in the top flight (Dixon, Gomis, Sammon).

11 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I don’t think anyone is on his back because of his performance last night tbh. 

It’s the post-match comments people have taken issue with.

I actually don’t care about the comments but I won’t be praising a guy who has downed tools for large parts of his time here for having a decent game against the poorest team we’ve played in many a year.

I just think M&M can motivate the players to raise their game and realise what it should mean to play for Falkirk and maybe show the passion they both had for us.   I have a bit of belief in M&M.  I am usually a pessimist, hence my user name here "Long Suffering Bairn".  But I feel hopeful things will get better from here on in.  If M&M can't motivate the players I don't think anyone can.  I'm just willing to draw a line in the sand, give the players a clean slate to impress, and see what happens with the new regime.  Just trying to be  hopeful for a change.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

A very comfortable win.

If we do win the league, we will need another major overhaul. 

In playing staff we will need something around four or five new faces for sure.....and that would to stabilise in the Championship, not win it.

The biggest issue remains the MSG. If they are to remain, it’s their downbeat philosophy that will always be the big issue.

If you look at the St Js, Killie, Hamilton, Motherwells of this world, it’s club governance that kills us year in, year out. Until they turn the spotlight on themselves, we will remain in much the same place until they change or leave.

Watched the game last night on TV and agree with a lot of the comments as mentioned looking at last nights squad we could have done with a bit youth in beside the experience and as mentioned we have a turned into a team of journeymen.  On paper its an experienced squad but some of these guys are coming to the end of their playing days.  Thought McManus was excellent and linked up well with Sammon. Longridge was unlucky not to have more shots but was constantly trying to find space to get a shot on goal.  Toshney looked good but thinking back to the past if ever we needed an academy to bring in some fresh legs/new blood call it what you will then right now is it as i dont think many of what we have are top level championship players if we are lucky enough to go up.,

I just think M&M can motivate the players to raise their game and realise what it should mean to play for Falkirk and maybe show the passion they both had for us.   I have a bit of belief in M&M.  I am usually a pessimist, hence my user name here "Long Suffering Bairn".  But I feel hopeful things will get better from here on in.  If M&M can't motivate the players I don't think anyone can.  I'm just willing to draw a line in the sand, give the players a clean slate to impress, and see what happens with the new regime.  Just trying to be  hopeful for a change.

Christ you will be broken if they make a c**t of it.

Far too early to tell either way

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

If we want to go up for sure we need 4/5 players.

I reckon your right on that and even if we do go up there are players that arent good enough even at championship level.

They really need to see if we can start the academy again even if it could be ran at a lower budget but we need something.

Pleased for BSLM and McCracken with a win in their first game in management. Changed the setup and had the team well motivated. Well done boys.

Not sure if 352 will work in the league as neither wb crosses convincingly. Dixon's are slow and floaty and Doyle's are just inaccurate. Sheer volume of them got us through last night thanks to poor defending from the rose, especially on Dixon's side.

Thought Miller allowed Gomis to play further up the park where he has more influence, could be interesting to see him play as 3rd CB/DM in a 352, which would hopefully hasten the end of Durnan who was fuckin chronic. His pass to noone that went out for a goal kick early on being a good example.

Next couple of league games will be a better indicator of where we're at any road.

As a side note, who names their child Brown?

Was good to see our managers actually being vocal and talking to/encouraging the players all night. Much better than that bellend McKinnon standing with his hands in his pockets all game.

Watched their goal back and it’s poor from Doyle first to let Allum get in front of him, though we really should’ve had someone at the front post area, then horrible from Miller so easily letting that fat c**t Coyne get in front of him. Need to do much better than that

What I’d add, Doyle was on the back post, shouted on someone to pick up the lithgae 14, instead of staying on the back post he came off. If he had stayed then they aren’t scoring at the back post.

31 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I reckon your right on that and even if we do go up there are players that arent good enough even at championship level.

They really need to see if we can start the academy again even if it could be ran at a lower budget but we need something.

This needs to be asked at the next AGM, we do still have community teams but I've no idea what age group these go up to, and I assume any player that shows promise will be snapped up by pro youth/academy setup.

An absolute disgrace that the Academy was closed, theres maybe even an argument that we wouldn't be where we are if we hadn't closed it.