The Falkirk FC Thread

Hopefully that car crash punditry from yogi Hughes puts to bed any chance of that idiot coming back to our club. Saying he should be managing in the Premier league is laughable, blaming Houston leaving as being the cause of all this is laughable, and him saying he will only take the job if all of HIS criteria is met is laughable, we have 2 guys there in the dugout last night who left their jobs to jump at the chance to help us out, whilst big brilliant yogi said he would "just rather sit in the house" if it wasn't up to what he wanted rather than the desire to make it what he wants which is what we need. 

32 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Missed interview what did Dixon do wrong that do many people are against him?

He spoke in veiled terms about how the fans were out of order hounding the board/MSG at the end of last season. He is Ray McKinnons BFF, and he has been unspeakably shite all season

Guest Ecosse83

Dixon's we're only 2 points off the top is exactly why McKinnon had to go. Hopefully Miller and McCracken get it drilled into them that it's not acceptable. 

Well reminded. We are three off top and it will likely be four. Thought that at the time then forgot to go and double check before slating him some more.

Dixon's we're only 2 points off the top is exactly why McKinnon had to go. Hopefully Miller and McCracken get it drilled into them that it's not acceptable. 

Guest Ecosse83

I have to hold my hands up, I overreacted when i seen the team. Have to say they got it right. Thought Miller done a good job in front of the 3.

Just shows you how poor the previous managers recruitment was that they have came in and played a formation that suited the players we have, a formation that the previous manager didn't play once all season 🙈

Edited by Ecosse83

Difficult to read too much into the game due to the standard of opposition, but I thought it was just what we needed - a fairly comfortable 'job done' performance, get in and out with no injuries and then get ready for the league game next weekend.

I thought we looked quite organised and apart from Coyne's goal (which was poor defending but a well-taken finish) I didn't think we gave them another decent chance.

Happy with that.

Dixon is a fud, he did play well last night but his comments about RM are a joke. Performances for the vast majority of this year have not been acceptable which were down to our ex manager being too negative, uninspiring and tactically clueless, it certainly didnt look like the players enjoyed playing under him.

If hes not prepared to fit in with the new regime and really give his all then he can F off.

Have to agree on comments re Dixon. Yes he had a good game, against poor opposition and in front of the TV cameras, then he's back to his 'the fans are entitled to their opinions but' type comments regarding McKinnon.

Maybe you should have turned up for him then 'Dickers'. You fucking drip

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Clearly Dixon and McKinnon are a long established bromance, but tonight M&M asked him to do a job we all thought/knew he couldn’t do......and yes, the opposition standard wasn’t stellar, but Dixon did that job pretty well.
Too early to make any sort of judgement, but at least we weren’t sitting waiting on our management saying “the season starts next week”.

Could not get to the game so my opinion is based on what I saw on the telly.

Thought the lineup suited the players. Ok against a lower level but at least there was a structure about them.

Durnan and Buchannan are two carthorses that multiply their weaknesses. One has to go and get somebody with a bit of pace to play beside the one we keep.

Dixon's best game of the season and his deliveries from the wing were an improvement. Doyle lot of effort no end result either in defence or going forward.

Its the midfield that lets the defense and the forwards down.  When a player gets the ball in the middle of the park there is a lack of movement to give options to the player on the ball.  We should have dictated and dominated the middle of the park last night pinging passes about getting the Rose chasing shadows. We didn't and were to pedestrian at times.That is where we need an influx of players in January unless some of them get their act together.

Thought McManus should have been the man of the match. Got stuck in and worked his socks off, so good on him well done. Sammon was a more effective player because of it.

Hughes talking his way out even getting an interview. The players watching the recording will be of the same opinion. Ah well but still one of the great Falkirk players.

Well done McCracken and Miller on putting a motivated team on the park. They deserve the goodwill and backing from the fans - That's fair !

Could not get to the game so my opinion is based on what I saw on the telly.
Thought the lineup suited the players. Ok against a lower level but at least there was a structure about them.
Durnan and Buchannan are two carthorses that multiply their weaknesses. One has to go and get somebody with a bit of pace to play beside the one we keep.
Dixon's best game of the season and his deliveries from the wing were an improvement. Doyle lot of effort no end result either in defence or going forward.
Its the midfield that lets the defense and the forwards down.  When a player gets the ball in the middle of the park there is a lack of movement to give options to the player on the ball.  We should have dictated and dominated the middle of the park last night pinging passes about getting the Rose chasing shadows. We didn't and were to pedestrian at times.That is where we need an influx of players in January unless some of them get their act together.
Thought McManus should have been the man of the match. Got stuck in and worked his socks off, so good on him well done. Sammon was a more effective player because of it.
Hughes talking his way out even getting an interview. The players watching the recording will be of the same opinion. Ah well but still one of the great Falkirk players.
Well done McCracken and Miller on putting a motivated team on the park. They deserve the goodwill and backing from the fans - That's fair !

Anyone making any judgement on last night needs their head looking at. Linlithgow were utter garbage as I suspected (even worse actually) and allowed Dixon the freedom all night to do what he wanted. I would lay a fortune on Stranraer stopping that next week.

I am going to reserve judgement until I have seen 3/4 games. TBH the team still has jobbers in there who ain’t good enough, Durnan and Miller to name two.

The biggest positive last night for me was McManus. He worked his tail off and if his first touch has been better he could have scored 4 or 5.

Hope we can build momentum in the next couple of weeks because our December will define our season. We have to win 2/3 game against Raith, EF and Airdrie IMO.

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Anyone making any judgement on last night needs their head looking at. Linlithgow were utter garbage as I suspected (even worse actually) and allowed Dixon the freedom all night to do what he wanted. I would lay a fortune on Stranraer stopping that next week.

I am going to reserve judgement until I have seen 3/4 games. TBH the team still has jobbers in there who ain’t good enough, Durnan and Miller to name two.

The biggest positive last night for me was McManus. He worked his tail off and if his first touch has been better he could have scored 4 or 5.

Hope we can build momentum in the next couple of weeks because our December will define our season. We have to win 2/3 game against Raith, EF and Airdrie IMO.

Agree and am not making a judgement just commenting on some positives and negatives. M&M will have seen these aspects that were positive that they can work on to get even better at and weaknesses that need addressed. 

Last night was something to build on.

Was good to see our managers actually being vocal and talking to/encouraging the players all night. Much better than that bellend McKinnon standing with his hands in his pockets all game.

Watched their goal back and it’s poor from Doyle first to let Allum get in front of him, though we really should’ve had someone at the front post area, then horrible from Miller so easily letting that fat c**t Coyne get in front of him. Need to do much better than that

I don't care what Dixon THINKS, I only care about how he PLAYS.  He played a blinder last night.  Yes he has been poor so far this season, but if M&M can get him to play like he did last night on a regular basis we couldn't ask for anything better at the level we are at right now.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake