The Falkirk FC Thread

Second half was miles better than the first. First half we were just shelling long balls constantly and performance wise wasn’t really much better than Dumbarton last week. Second half though was a much better and more professional performance. We were looking to get the ball down and play more, never looked in any danger at the back, looked right up for it and dominating in the middle of the park.

So apart from the first half performance and jobbers MacLean and Johnstone getting on the pitch the only other big negative was Mark Durnan he barely looks any better than Pat Scullion. Completely unable to pass the ball constantly giving it away yet he’s the first to scream at and have a go at anyone else for making a mistake. Seems like such a p***k in addition to a shite footballer.

Paul Dixon’s best performance for months, genuinely thought he had a cracking game. His final delivery was far better, he was much more positive with the ball and deserved his goal. Thought McManus was well worth his goal as well should’ve scored earlier in the half from Doyle’s cross but his work rate and effort couldn’t be faulted tonight. Another big positive is Cracks and Big Sexy taking off Gomis when he’s tucked and no leaving him out to run on empty like the last few months.

In the end comfortable performance and some positives to take from the game though and I’m hoping we have a more attack minded line-up against Stranraer next week.

22 minutes ago, dumfriesbairn said:

I believe it's because the crosses were made so much quicker. I thought he was a new player tonight.

He also didn't have a defender on him - the amount of space and time he was given was unreal. 

Formation suited us tonight. With them playing 1 up front we could afford to play 3 at the back and I’d imagine there will be more games this season where teams will line up like that against us. Allowed Dixon and Doyle to get higher up the park.

Durnan our worse player again, and without getting carried away we played some nice stuff at times but as mentioned we need to remember the team we were playing.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

Although not brilliant, I do think Dixon's crosses were a lot better tonight, which is probably due to him being further up the park when delivering them

Interesting that Brown Ferguson didn't think it necessary to even mark him. Best cross was his sclaff

24 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dixons interview leads me to think he is Ray's best pal. Interesting to see if he stays that way. A lot more fight tonight than I have seen since September

Tbf Ray brought in quite a good few players from his time with us to Falkirk. Interesting to see how they do under new management or whether they're bombed out now their pal has been relieved of his duties. 

Must admit  how much a difference Toshney made to our defence tonight, it only a juniour  team but i thought he coped really well. Never ever felt we were going to come a cropper tonight, there seemed to be a fight or desire about us that has been missing recently. PS Linlithgow Rose hospitality 1st class

Clearly Dixon and McKinnon are a long established bromance, but tonight M&M asked him to do a job we all thought/knew he couldn’t do......and yes, the opposition standard wasn’t stellar, but Dixon did that job pretty well.
Too early to make any sort of judgement, but at least we weren’t sitting waiting on our management saying “the season starts next week”.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Clearly Dixon and McKinnon are a long established bromance, but tonight M&M asked him to do a job we all thought/knew he couldn’t do......and yes, the opposition standard wasn’t stellar, but Dixon did that job pretty well.
Too early to make any sort of judgement, but at least we weren’t sitting waiting on our management saying “the season starts next week”.

f**k Paul Dixon. Get him to f**k.