The Falkirk FC Thread

Well, now that the euphoria of finally emptying McKinnon has passed, and what with Miller and McCracken taking over the management of the team, albeit on an interim basis, I was hoping to feel more "up for it" re: the game against Lithgae tonight but it just isn't there, I don't have my Mojo back yet. Remember us all buying into Hartley and then McKinnon, changing our avatars and backing them to the hilt? Twice bitten, thrice shy? Maybe it is because I know that M & M might only be in charge temporarily but I just don't have as much enthusiasm for the game tonight as I feel I should have. Ho hum.

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Well, now that the euphoria of finally emptying McKinnon has passed, and what with Miller and McCracken taking over the management of the team, albeit on an interim basis, I was hoping to feel more "up for it" re: the game against Lithgae tonight but it just isn't there, I don't have my Mojo back yet. Remember us all buying into Hartley and then McKinnon, changing our avatars and backing them to the hilt? Twice bitten, thrice shy? Maybe it is because I know that M & M might only be in charge temporarily but I just don't have as much enthusiasm for the game tonight as I feel I should have. Ho hum.

I haven't looked forward to a game this much in a long, long time. Short term perhaps but a 6-0 win with a Lee Miller love in on a Friday night will do me.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Exactly. How are so many people unable to seperate the reasons why were are here, with the fact that it is shit?

It's a bit of a stupid thing to say though. When we were in the Championship I read all the time from fans of full-time clubs that the standard of the Championship was the "worst it's been in years" and that none of the teams were of a very good standard.  All of the Scottish leagues are pretty shit, it's just that they get a bit more shit as you drop down. Some Falkirk fans come across as if playing in the Championship is like watching Brazil play Argentina every week, it's just a slightly less shite League 1. 

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's a bit of a stupid thing to say though. When we were in the Championship I read all the time from fans of full-time clubs that the standard of the Championship was the "worst it's been in years" and that none of the teams were of a very good standard.  All of the Scottish leagues are pretty shit, it's just that they get a bit more shit as you drop down. Some Falkirk fans come across as if playing in the Championship is like watching Brazil play Argentina every week, it's just a slightly less shite League 1. 

Standard of scottish football across the board is completely dreadful the now. Bad enough watching league one but I deceided to go along and watch Stenhousemuir v Queens Park a few weeks back. Christ I've seen better stuff down my local park. It was utterly brutal.  None of the leagues are anything ike what they used to be.

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's a bit of a stupid thing to say though. When we were in the Championship I read all the time from fans of full-time clubs that the standard of the Championship was the "worst it's been in years" and that none of the teams were of a very good standard.  

Once Rangers/Hibs/Hearts went up the standard dropped drastically. Hibs-Rangers contested the 2016 Scottish Cup final and Falkirk only lost 4 league games in a division containing those two teams. Clearly that league is worse now than it was then.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Difficult to raise yourself for the nights game. Its a lose lose situation for us. We are expected to win and win well .

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Once Rangers/Hibs/Hearts went up the standard dropped drastically. Hibs-Rangers contested the 2016 Scottish Cup final and Falkirk only lost 4 league games in a division containing those two teams. Clearly that league is worse now than it was then.

Its been declining long before then.

Guest Ecosse83

This day can't get much worse. First no Killer tickets and now I'm shitting through the eye of a needle so no pubs and game for me tonight!🤮

Edited by Ecosse83

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Didn't buy into Hartley and with McKinnon I thought it was a safe pair of hands but wouldn't take us where we wanted to go...tho didn't think it was down the way.

I am well up for tonight, drinking starts now !

I think the avatar stuff was taken a bit too literally by those outside looking in. It was a bit of fun, and “backing them to the hilt” involves little more than going to games and making a few posts into the ether.

McKinnon was backed as the sensible guy who would put all of the Hartley/Mitch/Campbell wrongs to right, and save our season. Of course, as it transpired, he failed last season, and has been completely found out this season.

M&M will be backed to the support too. It’s just what supporters do. What other option is there at this point in time? Since the day and moment George Craig was allowed in the door of the club, it has been wobbling on its axis.

Maybe this is the sort of simple fix we need rather than another major revolution.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think the avatar stuff was taken a bit too literally by those outside looking in. It was a bit of fun, and “backing them to the hilt” involves little more than going to games and making a few posts into the ether.

McKinnon was backed as the sensible guy who would put all of the Hartley/Mitch/Campbell wrongs to right, and save our season. Of course, as it transpired, he failed last season, and has been completely found out this season.

M&M will be backed to the support too. It’s just what supporters do. What other option is there at this point in time? Since the day and moment George Craig was allowed in the door of the club, it has been wobbling on its axis.

Maybe this is the sort of simple fix we need rather than another major revolution.

Down with The Rayvolution, up with The Leesurrection...

3 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Is it just me or is Falkirk -1 at 8/11 incredibly generous? I know you boys haven't been great but surely got enough in the tank to win comfortably tonight...?

I would say we were closer to 1 to squeaky bum odds tonight