The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Dixon is probably adequate enough defensively to play left in a back 3. Yes he gets taken to the cleaners by wingers sometimes but I don't get the feeling that he's an accident waiting to happen like Durnan and, to a lesser extent, Buchanan. With a good LWB to help him out I think he would be ok.

Having said that I don't think that we'll be able to bring in a suitable wing back until January so, in the meantime, I think we should stick to 442 with a winger in front of him and instructions given that he simply concentrates on the defensive side of his job.

All depends on who you are playing to be honest.  The majority of teams you could play a back 3 with longridge at lwb and then change against the likes of raith who have a dangerous right side. Horses for courses as they say.

13 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Your points are valid.

The motivation should be there already with the players to impress with the feeling its a new start it's their jobs at stake for goodness sake. They should be bursting a gut at training for inclusion in the next game.

Suspect McCracken will do the tactical while Miller does the motivation. They will have talked this through as its the only way both of them can get it to work.

The interim bit is strange - suspect if the dynamic due get a run going they will be given the job.

Lets come out the traps going for it on Friday. Two wide players giving width getting crosses into the box and chances will come, and for goodness sake lets boss the middle of the park for once.

You never know with a manager in their first job, hopefully we have the next Fergie on our hands ! now that would be nice.

Both have the goodwill of the fans from the start and that counts for a lot.

Looking forward to Friday !

I would have thought McCracken would be fitness and motivation.

44 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

During the press conference yesterday one of the things they were asked is what would they bring to the table. They replied that they were both motivators. No questions were asked about tactics, formations etc.

Graham Henderson is still at the club are will continue doing fitness; M&M are only there to coach the players. At least for now anyway.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Think originally he was meant to be defensive coach with us,  seems to have a fair input during games from the dugout. Presume he has finished his badges don't know if  that's the case with Miller or not.

27 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Think originally he was meant to be defensive coach with us,  seems to have a fair input during games from the dugout. Presume he has finished his badges don't know if  that's the case with Miller or not.

Defensive Coach ffs.That doesn't fill me full of confidence after the recent home match when it was 4 going on 10. 

We have just fired our manager for gross incompetence and we are only three points off the top of the table. It is a horrifically badly assembled Falkirk squad off to a bad start and we are one win away from the lead. It is a crap, crap league.

Called competitive.
The league of Rangers and Celtic is and always will be a crap league. Bored epitomised. Your definition of a crap league?
East Fife have beaten Dundee United on their own ground and Hearts this season.
You are here because you are here. shhh Get out of it.
And as an aside Montrose will be a dark horse

Called competitive.
The league of Rangers and Celtic is and always will be a crap league. Bored epitomised. Your definition of a crap league?
What the fucking hell is this?

Called competitive.

How many times are we going to get subjected to semi literate pish trying to tell us that this league is not garbage?

1 hour ago, Wee Jockie said:

Called competitive.

Ffs not again. The league is awful. We have/had the best defensive record in Britain with a back 4 of Doyle, Durnan, Buchanan and Dixon. Let that sink in then tell me again how good the league is 💤💤💤