The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Empty  Leitch, MacLean, Miller, Moore, Dixon, Durnan, McShane, & Johnstone. 

Add 3 left-footers between defence & midfield, and our now-traditional January squad re-build needn't be quite so excessive this year... 

Which amounts to what, another 5 contractual pay-offs ? Never going to happen. Who knows, maybe Miller and McCracken will see something in somebody like Leitch and give him an opportunity, unlike the previous clown who signed then immediately ostracised him. 

Which amounts to what, another 5 contractual pay-offs ? Never going to happen. Who knows, maybe Miller and McCracken will see something in somebody like Leitch and give him an opportunity, unlike the previous clown who signed then immediately ostracised him. 

Tbf think he was only ever signed to fill the bench for the first few initial games until he signed other players, and giving how he’s played when I have seen him play I’m not disappointed that he’s not near the team.

18 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Despite all the "mercenary" stuff that gets banded about online, some of the players came here specifically because of McKinnon.  You may find that some of those will choose to leave in January without having to be either pushed or paid, regardless of how long their contracts are for.

Guest Ecosse83
21 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Despite all the "mercenary" stuff that gets banded about online, some of the players came here specifically because of McKinnon.  You may find that some of those will choose to leave in January without having to be either pushed or paid, regardless of how long their contracts are for.

That's an interesting comment to make. My guess Dixon will be on of those players!

31 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Only if they have another club to go to. I can't see a big queue for the likes of Durnan, McLean, Johnstone.

Any player nailing their colours to McKinnon’s mast is entitled to do so, but given McKinnon the manager hasn’t won a thing, and I can only conclude that those players prepared to walk because McKinnon isn’t there are either stupid with no understanding of how the industry works, or were perfectly happy with McKinnon’s undemanding stewardship.

Any player nailing their colours to McKinnon’s mast is entitled to do so, but given McKinnon the manager hasn’t won a thing, and I can only conclude that those players prepared to walk because McKinnon isn’t there are either stupid with no understanding of how the industry works, or were perfectly happy with McKinnon’s undemanding stewardship.
Players arent daft. When they knew that McKinnon would get jobs and therefore could help them get jobs fair enough. I am sure they/their agents know to get off the bus before it goes off the cliff.

Hopefully!

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was a few scouts i know  that said thats the way we should've gone this season. There's always players looking for games and are happy to turn out for next to nothing 

By the sounds of it, one called Mitch 

I think Dixon is probably adequate enough defensively to play left in a back 3. Yes he gets taken to the cleaners by wingers sometimes but I don't get the feeling that he's an accident waiting to happen like Durnan and, to a lesser extent, Buchanan. With a good LWB to help him out I think he would be ok.

Having said that I don't think that we'll be able to bring in a suitable wing back until January so, in the meantime, I think we should stick to 442 with a winger in front of him and instructions given that he simply concentrates on the defensive side of his job.

11 hours ago, Stainrod said:

First of all I'm right behind Lee and David and wish them every success.
Unfortunately I have concerns about their suitability given there relative inexperience however with the right breaks they have a chance to get us promotion which is more than McKinnon had .
My concerns for what it's worth.
1 lex has gone for the Falkirk connection rather than the best guy available.Darren young has proved he can hack it and taking him would have weakened a competitor.
2 Having 2 in charge will never work We should have approached 1 as manager and the other as assistant.
3 why interim ? It says we have doubts about the outcome .We should back our choice from the outset.
4 Which one has the attributes to be a top manager brains ,guile and belief in particular are needed but also ruthlessness in abundance . Unfortunately Lee is too much one of the lads and David is just too nice a guy.
Both would have a better chance if we had a squad of talented young guys who needed guidance ,unfortunately we have a squad of old has-beens who think they know better....Maybe they will get time to change that but my fear is this is yet another f**k up by the board.i desperately hope I'm wrong !

Your points are valid.

The motivation should be there already with the players to impress with the feeling its a new start it's their jobs at stake for goodness sake. They should be bursting a gut at training for inclusion in the next game.

Suspect McCracken will do the tactical while Miller does the motivation. They will have talked this through as its the only way both of them can get it to work.

The interim bit is strange - suspect if the dynamic due get a run going they will be given the job.

Lets come out the traps going for it on Friday. Two wide players giving width getting crosses into the box and chances will come, and for goodness sake lets boss the middle of the park for once.

You never know with a manager in their first job, hopefully we have the next Fergie on our hands ! now that would be nice.

Both have the goodwill of the fans from the start and that counts for a lot.

Looking forward to Friday !