The Falkirk FC Thread

The conversation about the nick of our squad is a seperate one, and probably worth having at some point.

However, what Ray was responsible for, whether directly by setup, or indirectly by a complete failure to get the players to bother their arse, or more likely both, is a lot of performances which were much less than the sum of the parts.

If you want to say its unbalanced or whatever then yeah fine, but so many consistently indifferent performances from different individuals on the same day points to a problem with leadership and setup.

And, as has been mentioned before, failure to mitigiate the identification and targeting of Paul Dixon is squarely on the manager.

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

If there's one good thing McKinnon did, it was break the likes of Branch Ton and Rudolph Hucker. I bet they still see him every night when they close their eyes to go to sleep. 

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Yep, and every afternoon when they get up again.

Sorry to burst your wee bubble, boys, but you, your club and McKinnon are nowhere near as significant as you think outwith your own support. Personally, from about two days after GTF Day on here in early July until McKinnon got emptied on Saturday I haven’t even looked at a Fawkirk thread on here, and would only think to check your division’s league placings every two or three weeks.

What happened on Saturday was too good to miss though and it’s been fun reading, but now you’ve made an, errr, “appointment“  of sorts your club, your P&B threads and your entire division hold absolutely no interest for me, so it’s cheerio from me.

Of course, should the (slightly) unlikely happen and you get papped oot the Cup on Friday I’ll certainly visit over the weekend. 👍

We are so insignificant, that here you are, seeking to point out how insignificant we are, and mumbling caveat after caveat about how you’re not bothered, and how you’re not coming back.

You know, it would have been so much easier to simply not come back rather than blah blah blah about how you will not be back, but just might come back once you watch us on telly on Friday.

Have some dignity, and just don’t come back.

1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Did you watch the Raith 2 Falkirk 2 game?
First half we controlled 90%, should of scored another couple goals think you lot had a headed chance that the guy fluffed.
2nd half your manager changed shape and within the first 5 minutes the whole stadium could see that raith were targeting dixon and he constantly had 2 players up against him hence your 2 goals came from fouls he gave away.
Did McKinnon change shape to match Raiths shape and offer dixon some protection?
Did McKinnon realise sammon ain't going to track back and help out dixon as he was playing wide left?
Did McKinnon see that Gomis legs were gone after 60 minutes like every single game this season?
The answer to all the above questions is no despite the whole stadium seeing it and falkirk fans screaming at him to change it, he just stands there with his hands in his pockets offer no instructions or encouragement from the sideline.
I'd give McKinnon at least 80% off the blame so far this season, and the players the rest as they definitely haven't performed but I certainly wouldn't give my all for a boss with no motivational skills.

Agree that Ray failed to adjust in the second half, however, by that same token, he planned perfectly for the first half.

How about the other match at Stark’s?

I tend to agree that Ray is mostly the issue, however “interim“ coaches may be In a less than Ideal position to try to correct player issues.

Sorry to burst your wee bubble, boys, but you, your club and McKinnon are nowhere near as significant as you think outwith your own support. Personally, from about two days after GTF Day on here in early July until McKinnon got emptied on Saturday I haven’t even looked at a Fawkirk thread on here, and would only think to check your division’s league placings every two or three weeks.
What happened on Saturday was too good to miss though and it’s been fun reading, but now you’ve made an, errr, “appointment“  of sorts your club, your P&B threads and your entire division hold absolutely no interest for me, so it’s cheerio from me.

Of course, should the (slightly) unlikely happen and you get papped oot the Cup on Friday I’ll certainly visit over the weekend. [emoji106]

Brilliant

33 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Of course, should the (slightly) unlikely happen and you get papped oot the Cup on Friday I’ll certainly visit over the weekend. 👍

5 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

The scene: a Scottish League Two football club boardroom in the near future, where the club chairman is interviewing applicants for the manager’s job

He buzzes through to his secretary “OK Senga, who’s next?

”Eh, it’s Ray McKinnon, Chairman”

Silence in the boardroom, then a deep sigh. “Well, since he’s here.......   Send him in, Senga”.

Ray shuffles in, in tight navy blue V-neck jumper and navy chinos - proper manager’s attire, he thinks.

After minimal small talk the chairman gets down to business. “So, Ray, I’ve got your CV here, and I’ve read this week’s version of your LinkedIn profile, so I know the story so far. Let’s look a little bit at some of the recent background.”

”Ehh, aye, ok Chairman.”

”Right. What happened at Morton?”

”Ehh, well, there were issues behind the scenes  ‘n’at.......”

”What were the issues, Ray?”

”Eh, well, wan o’ the director kept givin’ me funny looks, you know? And the kitman forgot to to place my bets a couple of times.”

”Anything else?”

”Well, Greenock’s on the West Coast.”

”So?”

”I’m an East of Scotland lad, I get a nosebleed if I go too far to the West......”

”Aye, I’m sure there’s still a fair few in Greenock would be happy to help you out with a nosebleed. Ok, what went wrong at Falkirk?”

”Ehh, well I didnae get much backing from the Chairman and the Board, so.......”

”You ‘didnae get much backing’?? Ray, you signed a whole  new team in the summer! “

”Aye, but....... “

”And you got the job because you told them you weren’t under contract at Morton.......”

”Aye, but.......”

”.......eventually costing them around a hundred grand and making them look even LESS competent than they are.......”

”Aye but the chairman’s a c.....”

”Before you go any further, Ray, I should maybe tell you that their chairman’s my wife’s cousin.”

”Oh.” Silence. Then:  “Lovely woman, your wife.”

”Oh? You know her?”

”Ehh, naw.”  More silence.  “But the Chairman spoke well of her.......”

”Aye? More than he did for you. So, what went wrong on the park before you got sacked?”

Ray looks blank for a while. Then: “Ehh, well, a new team.......”

”That YOU signed, aye.....”

”.......takes time to gel.......”

””.......it was mid-November, Ray.......”

“a’  the youngsters  ‘n’at....... “

”Ray, do you think I button up the back? You signed a team with plenty experience in the division you got relegated from and a couple of guys with loads of experience in the Scottish Premiership! How were you planning on improving results?”

”Well, efter that Dumbarton game we were gonna have a ‘clear the air’ session wae the squad.......”

”ANOTHER one?? Jeez, if you’d still been there the air in that dressing room would’ve smelt better than the perfume department in Debenham’s...............    Riiight, well I think we’ve covered enough here now.........  Any questions before you go?”

”Aye. What kind of money will I be on?”

”We”ll discuss money with the successful candidate. One more thing, Ray.......”

”Aye? ”

”There’s a helluva spring on that boardroom door, just be careful on your way......”

SCUD

”.......never mind.”

Still rubbing his arse, Ray gets into his motor, sighs and turns the radio on.

”Ray, that you back? How’d it go?”

” Ehh, below average”, says Ray, wishing he had some players to blame.

”Ach, never mind. Listen, I’ve a pickup for you at the station there, funny enough going back to where you are now. Name of Hopkin.......”

Ray sighs, puts his cab into gear and moves off.

With the handbrake on.

Not significant, right enough. What a banger. 

Agree that Ray failed to adjust in the second half, however, by that same token, he planned perfectly for the first half.

I tend to agree that Ray is mostly the issue, however “interim“ coaches may be In a less than Ideal position to try to correct player issues.
Think the first half was as much to do with Ray getting it right as McGlyn getting it wrong the difference was McGlynn or any other competent manager has a plan b when its clearly not working. McKinnon's plan b is to swap two strikers and lump hopeless high balls up to them, although for at least half the season high balls to have been plan A.

The other game I don't take to seriously as it was a challenge cup match and a good few players getting game time who haven't featured since or before.

Of course, should the (slightly) unlikely happen and you get papped oot the Cup on Friday I’ll certainly visit over the weekend. [emoji106]

Bye then, have a wonderful addiction ridden life

Yet here you are.

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Awe, you've really hurt my feelings now.

2 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:
2 hours ago, Rizzo said:
My main memory of DN was when he "passed" the ball to Andy Lawrie (maybe) who was standing on the touchline during a game against Morton at Capilow. The ball smacked him in the chest and he fell over backward and the ball went out for a throw in.

Had it my mind it was hagi and it took him right of his feet, might be wrong though as wouldn't trust my memory and you're doing better than me with getting the shitalow bit.

You might well be right, my mate was with me that game so I'll ask him on Friday.

51 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

The other game I don't take to seriously as it was a challenge cup match and a good few players getting game time who haven't featured since or before.

But it did allow a look at those “other” players, and it seemed evident why they don’t get a weekly go. That, combined with the 2-2 debacle just emphasized the weakness on the left side.

Ray’s fault, absolutely. Solvable In January, probably. But that leaves your interim team having to cover that weakness with the current, somewhat bare, cupboard. If the players don’t step up with Ray gone...

Hence the point that it may not be entirely Ray’s blame...it may just be that the mercenaries Ray assembled simply don’t care too.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

But it did allow a look at those “other” players, and it seemed evident why they don’t get a weekly go. That, combined with the 2-2 debacle just emphasized the weakness on the left side.

Ray’s fault, absolutely. Solvable In January, probably. But that leaves your interim team having to cover that weakness with the current, somewhat bare, cupboard. If the players don’t step up with Ray gone...

Hence the point that it may not be entirely Ray’s blame...it may just be that the mercenaries Ray assembled simply don’t care too.

Can you just let us enjoy the moment ffs, our useless manager is away and we've brought in two popular ex players to replace him. There's plenty to look forward to and it's pointless analysing Ray's past misdemeanors.

He was shite, he's been sacked, end of, time to move on.

Edited by champions

Will the book your writing about Falkirks recent history be available in time for Christmas?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

So you think it's Ray but we have player issues, do you have a mirror to share this wisdom with ?

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I still think the MC debacle was a plan they hatched in the hope that we would be storming the league and all would be forgiven and no need to sell as we would be on course for promotion, there was 2 flaws in that plan though 1. they appointed Ray and 2 It was bollocks.

They would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids

Edited by Gaz FFC