The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah I thought he was great too.

He terrified me, so god knows what he was like to opposition midfielders.

Aye he would not be someone to get the wrong side off but can be really funny as well, I remember one night being up at a friendly against Lossiemouth, think I was the only one from Peterhead that turned up. Was standing a bit along from the dugout & either Davie or Jim shouted along to come & join them in the dugout rather than stand alone, after a while Davie got out a few of the water bottles & offered me one which I took, he waited until I had opened it before saying that will be 50p with a dead pan face, he did eventually burst out laughing. He comes out with some words of wisdom to the platers wgen needed. He had taken no prisoners when playing.

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Should be a great job for any manager out of post or at a part time club.  Massive budget advantage over any other club in the league and the best facilities and attendances by a mile. Anyone with faith in their own ability should see it as an easy win and a great first step into full time management . That and your following a complete diddy like Mckinnon.

All true, but ignore the anchor that is the BoD and MSG. I don’t see an up and comer willing to be subject to those clowns.

My main memory of DN was when he "passed" the ball to Andy Lawrie (maybe) who was standing on the touchline during a game against Morton at Capilow. The ball smacked him in the chest and he fell over backward and the ball went out for a throw in.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The fact that as you say we have a terrible team and yet we're only a few points off the top says it all.

Perhaps. Just remember, everyone blames Ray, but the players also didn’t perform...was it all Ray’s fault, perhaps. The next four weeks will be very instructive as to if Ray was a cause or simply a symptom.

My main memory of DN was when he "passed" the ball to Andy Lawrie (maybe) who was standing on the touchline during a game against Morton at Capilow. The ball smacked him in the chest and he fell over backward and the ball went out for a throw in.
Had it my mind it was hagi and it took him right of his feet, might be wrong though as wouldn't trust my memory and you're doing better than me with getting the shitalow bit.

That's why to me they should be just saying here's the job till the end of the season.  Bod are too scared to do that though in case they aren't the right appointment.

And who could blame them given recent appointment fiascos?
I think it’s right to give them the chance to prove themselves but not to the extent that it scuppers our promotion prospects, so why commit them now to the end of the season?
If it doesn’t start to bear some fruit by the end of the year we look elsewhere. Seems sensible to me.....

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I have a plum assignment due back at Fruit & Veg University  for Friday - any help greatly appreciated.

You can take care of your own plums, laddie. I already got told once on this board that people don’t cotton to that...

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Perhaps. Just remember, everyone blames Ray, but the players also didn’t perform...was it all Ray’s fault, perhaps. The next four weeks will be very instructive as to if Ray was a cause or simply a symptom.

The next four week won't tell if it was Ray or not as it was all Ray 

Davie Nicholls at a corner was hilarious, sure he man handled half the opposition every time afore the kick was taken both attacking and defending.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yes it was.  No offence but you didnt see any of our games last season, nor have you seen any this season, except for highlights, so you're not really in a position to say either way.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Little chance of that IMO.

I still think the MC debacle was a plan they hatched in the hope that we would be storming the league and all would be forgiven and no need to sell as we would be on course for promotion, there was 2 flaws in that plan though 1. they appointed Ray and 2 It was bollocks.

9 minutes ago, champions said:

Yes it was.  No offence but you didnt see any of our games last season, nor have you seen any this season, except for highlights, so you're not really in a position to say either way.

None taken, but I saw both the Raith matches, so I believe I’ve seen most of the team play in some manner.

Sammon had a beautiful goal in the match versus the Rovers, but from all the talk seems to have fallen off more recently, is that perhaps related to the overall conditioning issue that seems a concern?

Did you watch the Raith 2 Falkirk 2 game?
First half we controlled 90%, should of scored another couple goals think you lot had a headed chance that the guy fluffed.
2nd half your manager changed shape and within the first 5 minutes the whole stadium could see that raith were targeting dixon and he constantly had 2 players up against him hence your 2 goals came from fouls he gave away.
Did McKinnon change shape to match Raiths shape and offer dixon some protection?
Did McKinnon realise sammon ain't going to track back and help out dixon as he was playing wide left?
Did McKinnon see that Gomis legs were gone after 60 minutes like every single game this season?
The answer to all the above questions is no despite the whole stadium seeing it and falkirk fans screaming at him to change it, he just stands there with his hands in his pockets offer no instructions or encouragement from the sideline.
I'd give McKinnon at least 80% off the blame so far this season, and the players the rest as they definitely haven't performed but I certainly wouldn't give my all for a boss with no motivational skills.