The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, BudBairn said:

I still have nightmares about McCracken mistiming his jump and letting Inverness break and eventually score the winning goal in the cup final.

It was the fact he didn't just rugby tackle the boy when he was advancing. Christ its the Scottish cup final you're not on a booking you should be taking one for the team.

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
You would think so anyway.  My point again is though when its stated as an interim post knowing the bottlers we have in the squad they won't fancy some guys coming in and rumbling things up. All they will need to do is down tools for a few weeks knowing that these two will be replaced in the short term if results are poor.

Hopefully Lee and David can get them playing, would be happy with them going forward if they can turn things round. Agree however that it does give the players some power going forward if they decide they are going to down tools.

That's why to me they should be just saying here's the job till the end of the season.  Bod are too scared to do that though in case they aren't the right appointment.

4 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

But how shite is Connor Salmon though? I mean seriously. 

Talk about an overpaid waste of space. The only real damage he’s done this season is to your wage bill. 
Honking. 

He's not shite, in fact he's better with the ball at his feet than I thought he was. He was quite effective at the start of the season but he's certainly not been giving the job the required effort or focus that he should over the past few weeks that's for sure. We can only hope that the change of management has the desired effect.

12 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

But how shite is Connor Salmon though? I mean seriously. 

Talk about an overpaid waste of space. The only real damage he’s done this season is to your wage bill. 
Honking. 

Scored more than any Raith or East Fife player this season. Given service he’ll be absolutely fine. He has been a diddy the last couple of games mind you 

37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't believe that the club will be looking for another manager. I think Miller and McCracken will have been told that they have a period of time to prove they are up to the task and if they do they get the gig. I might be wrong but I don't see either coming unless they have been given some assurances.

There is a bit on our site now confirming  that we would not look to replace him until the new year but would look for someone after that

I like Alex as I think everyone does, but I genuinely don't see him as a football person any more. I can't quite explain it, but Alex Smith still had something about him that made him "gaffer" when he needed to step into a dressing room. He had the sort of growl, the glare, that could still intimidate even if most folk didn't see that side of him. 
I just don't think Totts has that now.  He's been a salesman for too long.

But someone at the club values his short term input

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's why to me they should be just saying here's the job till the end of the season.  Bod are too scared to do that though in case they aren't the right appointment.

Think you've answered your own question there.

Whatever the situation is, it's an interim appointment so, if it doesn't work out, they can let them go. If it does then they can consider them for permanent positions. In the meantime they'll be looking at alternatives (or should be). I would imagine that the deal will be until January, giving them some time to get results and giving the BOD some time to consider others (without jumping in and making a hasty decision on appointing some of the shitey names that have been mentioned).

Apparently McCracken's position at Peterhead is still there if he wants to return and I would think that Lee's financial position is probably robust enough to allow him a month or two with no work therefore putting him in a position to take the chance that's on offer. His deal at Livi would surely have expired in May anyway?

These two guys obviously think they can work together and have enough belief in their ability to think they can make a success of the opportunity. I'm confident that they will give it all that they've got anyway.

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Think he was 1st team coach but we only have one team.  Would think Jim & Davie Nicolls will get by. There were some that thought he was standing by to fill Jims boots but things have improved again.

Davie Nicholls as in the ex falkirk player?

59 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely it's a decision that favours the board, win win in my eyes as we could appoint someone with no easy get out.

We should be focusing on the positives considering we have a game on Friday, it makes perfect sense in that manner and it's an appointment that few won't be screaming against from day one, other than that focus your negative drone for the board