The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They said that about May and Pressley.

The difference is McCracken and Miller might actually want to do it. May never 100% wanted to step up.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But then why would you pack in your job for a post for a fortnight?

McCracken at least has been promised his job back at Peterhead if it doesn't work out.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/peterhead-fc/mcinally-would-welcome-mccracken-back/

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pressley was desperate for the role and still honking.

Yep true but 1 bad example doesn't mean we should never try it again. 

Let's just hope we can unearth the next Alex Neil!

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Pressley was desperate for the role and still honking.

What the fcuk is wrong with you, you're a miserable cnut. Ray's away and we have people that actually want to bring success to FFC. It doesn't matter who comes in, they will all be a gamble. I'm happy to take this particular gamble because I honestly can't think of anyone I'd really really want. We need new fresh ideas, not an old set in their ways manager like before. If it doesn't work then we're fecked, but we need to give it a chance.

So, those that had their eyes on prize, when downing tools on Houston, finally get their hands on it.

Two seasons wasted & down a division. Bravo! I hope they can put their plan into action with the recruits we have.

As the current situation reeks of being skint.

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

What the fcuk is wrong with you, you're a miserable cnut. Ray's away and we have people that actually want to bring success to FFC. It doesn't matter who comes in, they will all be a gamble. I'm happy to take this particular gamble because I honestly can't think of anyone I'd really really want. We need new fresh ideas, not an old set in their ways manager like before. If it doesn't work then we're fecked, but we need to give it a chance.

I'm not totally  against the pair of them  although as I've said I'd prefer someone whose already cut their teeth and is on the way up. I think the way its being carried out is a complete shambles of a halfway house.  If they are the choice bring them in and give them the job till the end of the season.  We need people that can come in and shake the place up . If I'm a player the now and they come in and you don't fancy their regime you know that all you need to do is no try a leg for a couple of weeks and they'll be away and someone else will get the gig.  If you're making all this effort to get them in at least show you have confidence in them and give them the job.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

And there is the rub. What if the manager and coaches have different football philosophies. It could be a point of friction in the background. 

Any decent manager will want his own team too. Why restrict who your future options to cover a couple of weeks of games between . Crazy stuff if that was the case.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I like the idea of Mccracken in charge, I could be wrong but to me it seems like our team runs out of steam after 60 to 70 minutes into games, hopefully Mccracken will be able to get the fitness levels up so that being full time actually is an advantage to us. Add in Miller and hopefully we have a management team to really take us forward this season and kick on after that COYB.

Our fitness is shocking, seen many part time team make us look like we are the part time team.

I am ok with this appointment but only time will tell if it's been a masterstroke or just a masturbate

59 minutes ago, champions said:

Pretty sure any new manager will be told that mccracken and Miller will be part of the setup before they agree to join.

This appointment buys time and if it has an immediate upturn then I could see them given the job till the end of the season, no effect and a manager will be appointed is how I see it

48 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Agree. We should have gone down the guaranteed success route and appointed a manager with experience.

Very few if any appointment = guaranteed success.

Hartley appointment had the odds stacked by previous that he could deliver and......

I'd have took Young, purely on that he knows the league and his East Fife team played some cracking stuff against us, we might still appoint Young in the coming weeks but I can only guess we have told M & M to make the job theirs but they will remain until at least the end of the season in some capacity if not managers

I don't believe that the club will be looking for another manager. I think Miller and McCracken will have been told that they have a period of time to prove they are up to the task and if they do they get the gig. I might be wrong but I don't see either coming unless they have been given some assurances.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't believe that the club will be looking for another manager. I think Miller and McCracken will have been told that they have a period of time to prove they are up to the task and if they do they get the gig. I might be wrong but I don't see either coming unless they have been given some assurances.

You would think so anyway.  My point again is though when its stated as an interim post knowing the bottlers we have in the squad they won't fancy some guys coming in and rumbling things up. All they will need to do is down tools for a few weeks knowing that these two will be replaced in the short term if results are poor.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just hope Lex and his shower of charlatans haven't promised him the earth only to shite on him from a great height once more.  He's taking a big chance trusting that mob.

If they shaft them then things will only get worse for the MSG in terms of abuse from fans.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You would think so anyway.  My point again is though when its stated as an interim post knowing the bottlers we have in the squad they won't fancy some guys coming in and rumbling things up. All they will need to do is down tools for a few weeks knowing that these two will be replaced in the short term if results are poor.

If its evident that the players are downing tools then they'll face a fair bit of stick from the fans.

Hopefully Lee and David can get them playing, would be happy with them going forward if they can turn things round. Agree however that it does give the players some power going forward if they decide they are going to down tools.