The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Agreed on McKinnon, at the game on Saturday his subs were in no way a reaction to what was happening on the pitch, just random dice throwing from where I was sitting. 

This has been ongoing from last season, he was far too defensive in games we needed to win, one point from either alloa or morton at home and we would have finished 8th. He also made some ludicrous comment about biting your hand off if we'd been 3 points behind going into the last game.

This season he persisted with a narrow formation when it was obvious it wasnt working, replaced two stikers mid match with another two strikers  in a truly bizarre switch, talen off our most productive player in games etc.

The man was utterly clueless and really should have been fired last season.  Thankfully we're only 3 points off the top and given ourselves a chance of actually winning the thing.

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Say it takes two weeks to get applications in, decide on a shortlist, interview and then pick the best candidate.

Who takes the team in the interim? Paul Dixon? Derek Jackson the goalie coach? Bob the kitman with Laura from the shop as his assistant?

You're moaning for the sake of it without knowing any of the details.

At least wait until you have that FFS. I think there should be something online today.  

Two games  against lithgae and Stranraer. I'm sure even Totten and an experienced player could've taken the side for a fortnight.  Still doesn't explain why two guys are giving up permanent posts to take us for a few weeks but I suppose as you say we'll just need to wait and see.

12 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Agreed on McKinnon, at the game on Saturday his subs were in no way a reaction to what was happening on the pitch, just random dice throwing from where I was sitting. 

Yeah it's terrible in full-time terms, which is why it's not showing the astronomical advantage that it should be on the pitch. Can your board guarantee the new manager some funds in January or will he have to work with what looks like to me, a fairly unbalanced squad? Can we be absolutely sure that the players can be made into a good team together or are their any other issues? Of course a new manager could come in and get you to the top of this average pile, but I'm just not sure it's a 100% slam dunk and that's the impression I get from reading this thread.

No need to get snarky now. 

A number of short term players will be leaving in January thankfully. That and the second tranche of the Will Vaulks money should allow any new manager to bring in the necessary players to balance off the squad.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A number of short term players will be leaving in January thankfully. That and the second tranche of the Will Vaulks money should allow any new manager to bring in the necessary players to balance off the squad.

The good thing is I don't think we need an awful lot to get a bit more balance in the team. Maybe get 1 or 2 out on loan as well. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Two games  against lithgae and Stranraer. I'm sure even Totten and an experienced player could've taken the side for a fortnight.  Still doesn't explain why two guys are giving up permanent posts to take us for a few weeks but I suppose as you say we'll just need to wait and see.

I like Alex as I think everyone does, but I genuinely don't see him as a football person any more. I can't quite explain it, but Alex Smith still had something about him that made him "gaffer" when he needed to step into a dressing room. He had the sort of growl, the glare, that could still intimidate even if most folk didn't see that side of him. 

I just don't think Totts has that now.  He's been a salesman for too long.

51 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Again why are these two taking up a temp post when they both have permanent ones already?

Maybe they just want some coaching experience on their CVs as their playing careers come to an end. 

( @Shadwell Dog 's quote, not Bairnsfordbairn)

Edited by welshbairn

52 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I like Alex as I think everyone does, but I genuinely don't see him as a football person any more. I can't quite explain it, but Alex Smith still had something about him that made him "gaffer" when he needed to step into a dressing room. He had the sort of growl, the glare, that could still intimidate even if most folk didn't see that side of him. 

I just don't think Totts has that now.  He's been a salesman for too long.

Wasn't Smith involved daily coaching the kids as well?

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Site going down every time something happens is annoying. How many people ca  realistically be trying to access it at this time?

It's bloody amateurish. Happens every time there's news.

I managed in here's the full spiel for anyone still locked out

Falkirk FC is pleased to announce the appointment of Lee Miller and David McCracken as our new Interim Coaching Team.

Lee and David will take charge of all first team matters ahead of Friday’s William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Linlithgow Rose while the club undertakes an extensive recruitment process for our vacant First Team Manager position.

The duo, who took training with the squad for the first time this morning, will have the experienced figure of Alex Totten to assist them in an advisory role.

Both Lee and David will be familiar faces to Falkirk supporters. Lee made over 150 appearances for the club across two spells, whilst former Club Captain, David appeared 115 times in a four-year stint at the club between 2013 and 2017.

Interim Chairman, Lex Miller, said: “First and foremost I wish to thank both Peterhead FC and Livingston FC for their cooperation in allowing both Lee and David to return to the club.

“We are delighted to have appointed Lee and David, both are consummate professionals who understand exactly what this club is all about. It is an important few weeks for the club and I am confident that our entire fanbase will show their full support to our new coaching team in the matches ahead.”

Lee Miller, said: “I am delighted to be back home. The opportunity was one I couldn’t refuse given how much the club means to me. I have always had a brilliant relationship with the Falkirk fans and I am itching to get into the dugout on Friday night.

“David and I know the club extremely well, we know what is expected and we are determined to get a smile back on the faces of the Falkirk fans once again. We need to get results and we will do everything we can to deliver.”

David McCracken, said: “I’ve had some incredible memories here as a player and I am extremely proud to be asked to coach the team with Lee. We all know the potential here and where this club should be, it’s up to us now to get results to help realise that.

“Coming back feels right, it’s a real buzz to be out on the pitch and around the stadium again. We have the chance to get off to a great start on Friday night and we will do everything we can to ensure the team are fully prepared for the match.”

Lee and David will meet the press and speak to Falkirk TV tomorrow.