The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nope, sorry to disappoint you. If what I said wasn’t self-evident, perhaps you should look at what you were complaining about before Ray got binned. Falkirk isn’t a plum assignment, right now...takes nothing from the club to admit it...if the BoD get it straight, it will be again, but for now, it’s just not.

Should be a great job for any manager out of post or at a part time club.  Massive budget advantage over any other club in the league and the best facilities and attendances by a mile. Anyone with faith in their own ability should see it as an easy win and a great first step into full time management . That and your following a complete diddy like Mckinnon.

Hopefully whenever this is announced we get some meat on the bones aswell, there has to be a longer term plan in play here.

Its a highly risky move to give two rookie managers the reins in what could quite possibly be our most important season on and off the pitch in decades.

Like everybody i hope they get off to a flyer and we go and win the league but our standers shouldn't be dropped because of where they are in their managerial careers, i still expect to win the league no matter who is in charge.

Edited by falkirkzombie

Let’s be honest here. The board are an easy shot and most of the time with complete justification.

I said in an earlier post that it’s important that whoever is appointed has some past positive history with the club as the connection with the fans is broken.

This interim appointment, if true, and whilst a little risky, could also prove to be a master stroke and should prove popular to most of us.

If it works, we will all be happy (except Shadwell who’s never happy [emoji2]), if it doesn’t, it’s probably down to inexperience and we can bring in someone to address that instead.

I wanted Houston and Latapy but I realise that’s unlikely. This is a good alternative and for once I think we should be applauding the board for being willing to take a popular risk rather than condemning them....

The handling of the Miller-McCracken story has been textbook inept by the Board.
Nothing on the club website but Peterhead and Livingston let the fans know.
The Herald publish, so the board  leak like a sieve or are they so inept they think drip feed is a good look .
Intermediate = Short term.
So what is the long term managerial strategy ? 
Their board meetings must be something like a Marx Brothers comedy.

Not the biggest fan of the board but there is nothing here to criticise them for. No one has said anything, that’s how it works until everything is done.

Do you want the club to start rumours and speculation? That’s a job for the press.

I'm not sure many are grasping Tx's point here. Yes Falkirk are a grand club with a grand stadium and a wonderful set of fans and great facilities blah blah blah. All that usual stuff that you guys need to hear 5 times a day.

The point is, you've got a group of good individuals but an absolutely terrible team. You can't simultaneously argue that Ray McKinnon is to blame for this entire mess, but also say that you absolutely have to get this appointment right otherwise you're in trouble. Surely anyone can get these players playing  great given it was all big bad Ray's fault? The fact is there's no guarantee any new manager will be able to get a tune out of what is an incredibly toxic environment both on and off the pitch. Sure, if DY or anyone else was offered this job in the summer it's a no brainer and a definite step up. But any manager leaving the squads they've built to take over your group of charlatans should be thinking pretty carefully in my view. 

4 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I'm not sure many are grasping Tx's point here. Yes Falkirk are a grand club with a grand stadium and a wonderful set of fans and great facilities blah blah blah. All that usual stuff that you guys need to hear 5 times a day.

The point is, you've got a group of good individuals but an absolutely terrible team. You can't simultaneously argue that Ray McKinnon is to blame for this entire mess, but also say that you absolutely have to get this appointment right otherwise you're in trouble. Surely anyone can get these players playing  great given it was all big bad Ray's fault? The fact is there's no guarantee any new manager will be able to get a tune out of what is an incredibly toxic environment both on and off the pitch. Sure, if DY or anyone else was offered this job in the summer it's a no brainer and a definite step up. But any manager leaving the squads they've built to take over your group of charlatans should be thinking pretty carefully in my view. 

A half decent manager should be able to mould the current group into a team though. McKinnon was just a total diddy.

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

The fact that as you say we have a terrible team and yet we're only a few points off the top says it all.  The basis for a decent side is there and there is room to bring in some players to balance the squad  off in January as some of the dross is shipped.  Fortunately there are no decent sides in the league. If for example Queens had come down with us we would be looking at playoffs at best already.  If you are looking for  a full time post then at least Falkirk have the budget etc to back up the need for a title this season. In the championship just now you've got about 8 sides that think they should be in the playoffs minimum no matter their budget and if you don't achieve that the fans are up in arms.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Let’s be honest here. The board are an easy shot and most of the time with complete justification.

I said in an earlier post that it’s important that whoever is appointed has some past positive history with the club as the connection with the fans is broken.

This interim appointment, if true, and whilst a little risky, could also prove to be a master stroke and should prove popular to most of us.

If it works, we will all be happy (except Shadwell who’s never happy emoji2.png), if it doesn’t, it’s probably down to inexperience and we can bring in someone to address that instead.I wanted Houston and Latapy but I realise that’s unlikely. This is a good alternative and for once I think we should be applauding the board for being willing to take a popular risk rather than condemning them....

I hear what you are saying but didn't we all cream our jeans in the summer of 2018 when we were signing Dallison, Lewis, Petravicius and Dan Turner🤮? We all thought that Hartley and the board had pulled off a master stroke signing all these players from Brighton, Watford and the likes - after all these bigger teams must have better fringe players, right? That was seen as a popular risk and we all saw how that worked out. It is vital that we go up this year and even on an interim basis I would have preferred someone with a bit of a track record, not the tired, hackneyed names as listed on McBookie but somebody at least with a bit of experience - Totten anyone?

Group of charlatans, it’s almost as if you’ve never been good enough to be in the championship to see last seasons team.

Anyone who can't get a tune out of this lot is a clown

McManus - starter for the team who won the league above last season, top scorer in League One previously 

Sammon - international footballer who has scored goals in Scottish top flight and English Championship, as well as playing in English top flight 

McMillan - has scored numerous goals in both Champions League and Europa League, one of the top scorers in Ireland over multiple years

Those three should be getting 60 between them easily. 

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Anyone who can't get a tune out of this lot is a clown

McManus - starter for the team who won the league above last season, top scorer in League One previously 

Sammon - international footballer who has scored goals in Scottish top flight and English Championship, as well as playing in English top flight 

McMillan - has scored numerous goals in both Champions League and Europa League, one of the top scorers in Ireland over multiple years

Those three should be getting 60 between them easily. 

Its a left back and a couple of boys more inclined to get their sleeves rolled up when the going gets tough we need.

13 minutes ago, champions said:

A half decent manager should be able to mould the current group into a team though. McKinnon was just a total diddy.

Agreed on McKinnon, at the game on Saturday his subs were in no way a reaction to what was happening on the pitch, just random dice throwing from where I was sitting. 

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The fact that as you say we have a terrible team and yet we're only a few points off the top says it all.  The basis for a decent side is there and there is room to bring in some players to balance the squad  off in January as some of the dross is shipped.  Fortunately there are no decent sides in the league. If for example Queens had come down with us we would be looking at playoffs at best already.  If you are looking for  a full time post then at least Falkirk have the budget etc to back up the need for a title this season. In the championship just now you've got about 8 sides that think they should be in the playoffs minimum no matter their budget and if you don't achieve that the fans are up in arms.

Yeah it's terrible in full-time terms, which is why it's not showing the astronomical advantage that it should be on the pitch. Can your board guarantee the new manager some funds in January or will he have to work with what looks like to me, a fairly unbalanced squad? Can we be absolutely sure that the players can be made into a good team together or are their any other issues? Of course a new manager could come in and get you to the top of this average pile, but I'm just not sure it's a 100% slam dunk and that's the impression I get from reading this thread.

6 minutes ago, Trump said:

Group of charlatans, it’s almost as if you’ve never been good enough to be in the championship to see last seasons team.

No need to get snarky now. 

Edited by Big Fifer

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To me having two guys in post like this is going to put any decent candidates off applying for the post if that's the case especially those already in a job. We're muddying the waters far too much.Again why are these two taking up a temp post when they both have permanent ones already?

Say it takes two weeks to get applications in, decide on a shortlist, interview and then pick the best candidate.

Who takes the team in the interim? Paul Dixon? Derek Jackson the goalie coach? Bob the kitman with Laura from the shop as his assistant?

You're moaning for the sake of it without knowing any of the details.

At least wait until you have that FFS. I think there should be something online today.  

I hear what you are saying but didn't we all cream our jeans in the summer of 2018 when we were signing Dallison, Lewis, Petravicius and Dan Turner🤮? We all thought that Hartley and the board had pulled off a master stroke signing all these players from Brighton, Watford and the likes - after all these bigger teams must have better fringe players, right? That was seen as a popular risk and we all saw how that worked out. It is vital that we go up this year and even on an interim basis I would have preferred someone with a bit of a track record, not the tired, hackneyed names as listed on McBookie but somebody at least with a bit of experience - Totten anyone?

Feel free to look back. I certainly didn’t. I flagged at the time that the Hartley appointment and the closing of the Academy could be the death of us, or words to that effect....