The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Lee Miller is a top guy and is definitely management material. He's been coaching at Motherwell's youth set up while with us and obviously sees himself as a manager.

However as a player he's absolutely done and dead in the water. He was immense for 6 months in getting us up and is one of the main reasons we did go up but since then, in two years, he's made about 4 or 5 appearances and went off injured for 4 months after every one. 

Surely there will be no issues with Livi releasing him to coach at falkirk?

5 minutes ago, champions said:

Surely there will be no issues with Livi releasing him to coach at falkirk?

We've only got two strikers, Dykes who's being rumoured for a 2-3m move down south in January (Swansea, Cardiff, Blackburn, Bristol) and Lee Miller. Even though he's never fit I can't see us let him go unless we get some kind of fee (unless there's a clause in his contract). Even though he's never fit he's still scored one goal this season for us (think he's only made 2 appearances and is injured again). That being said Falkirk could agree some deal with us where you pay half his wage and we pay the rest, he stays as a player with us as cover but midweek coaches part-time at Falkirk?

Obviously you won't be able to register him until January but I'm 90% sure his playing career is done so anyone hoping he'd jump into your first team is crazy. 

I'm honestly really unsure if we'd let him go before January (by choice), but a token fee (5-15k) will probably be enough but that depends on Falkirk wanting him as a long term option instead of until the end of the season.

Edited by ATLIS

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We've only got two strikers, Dykes who's being rumoured for a 2-3m move down south in January (Swansea, Cardiff, Blackburn, Bristol) and Lee Miller. Even though he's never fit I can't see us let him go unless we get some kind of fee (unless there's a clause in his contract). Even though he's never fit he's still scored one goal this season for us (think he's only made 2 appearances and is injured again). That being said Falkirk could agree some deal with us where you pay half his wage and we pay the rest, he stays as a player with us but midweek coaches part-time at Falkirk?

Obviously you won't be able to register him until January but I'm 90% sure his playing career is done so anyone hoping he'd jump into your first team is crazy. 

I'm honestly really unsure if we'd let him go before January (by choice), but a token fee (5-15k) will probably be enough but that depends on Falkirk wanting him as a long term option instead of until the end of the season.

Not sure if money would be an issue here tbh.If Lee wants to go i dont think the club would stand in his way and allow him to further his career at the place he knows so well.In the time hes been with us hes served the club admirally and if he were to go im sure most Livi fans would wish him well.

Just now, Troy.1995 said:

Not sure if money would be an issue here tbh.If Lee wants to go i dont think the club would stand in his way and allow him to further his career at the place he knows so well.In the time hes been with us hes served the club admirally and if he were to go im sure most Livi fans would wish him well.

Issue being he's one of two strikers we have, it's a necessity have as a back up for the chance he's fit, even if it's rare

Issue being he's one of two strikers we have, it's a necessity have as a back up for the chance he's fit, even if it's rare
He could just retire if he is that bad with injures and wants to go and pursue coaching.

Even if we plan to interview he would surely just seek a commitment from Falkirk that he gets to stay on in some capacity. Only stumbling block being the potential that any new manager doesnt want him there

Just now, ATLIS said:

Yeh meant to put in the necessity  for us to have back up Atlis. Worrying that clubs are sniffing round Dykes as well.We will find out soon enough if the club are serious about staying in the Spl.Cant keep relying on mids and defenders to bale us out.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Already excited for you lot getting carried away after a couple of wins, changing your avatars and creating nicknames for Lee Miller, before wanting him sacked this time next year. It happened with Hartley and it happened with McKinnon.

How's Crawford doing ?

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It's not contradictory to point out that League One is an absolutely brutal standard, whilst acknowledging that Falkirk have been absolutely shite and are making a complete meal of it.

Lee Miller could win this league on his own, even at 36

36 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Lee Miller is a top guy and is definitely management material. He's been coaching at Motherwell's youth set up while with us and obviously sees himself as a manager.

However as a player he's absolutely done and dead in the water. He was immense for 6 months in getting us up and is one of the main reasons we did go up but since then, in two years, he's made about 4 or 5 appearances and went off injured for 4 months after every one. 

I personally think the bitter exit from Falkirk with Hartley gave him an extra 10-20% at Livi which probably fuked his body season after.

I can't see money being involved between the two clubs for Miller, he is surely out of contract in May and at 36 has no real value.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The Livingston Laundry will have to hire a night shift to process two or three million in one go.

Here lads, in all seriousness, Lee Miller is literally only one mistake away from being Lex Miller.

How confident are we that we know which Miller we are getting here?

Lex has a plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it IMO.
Do the people in charge know what they are doing is the big question

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It is a move ahead, it's a very very clear and obvious move ahead. Not sure if you are going for some sort of wind up here, but you are wrong.

No it isn’t. There is a huge potential for failure, and little margin for success with the unbalanced team that is currently signed at Falkirk. East Fife, finishing in a playoff spot will burnish DY’s reputation much more reliably. Falkirk is a crap shoot, there’s too much downside for the small upside with the current ownership situation.

Be that as it may, it doesn’t matter now.