The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The worst decision ever taken by FFC.  Told when he applied that they wanted somebody more experienced. One of the great what if's !

When you look at things in hindsight did St Mirren not sack him and say he will never be a football manager.

Wouldn't be overly convinced if this was permanent, but I'm glad to see two people coming in who know the club well and have some kind of attachment to it. I hope it works out and hopefully they will be able to instill some passion into this bunch and create a link between the team and fans again.

Guest Ecosse83

This could be the most sensible thing the board have done for a while. 

If they get off to a good start then they can have the job until the end of the season and see what develops!

Happy enough with this intern appointment, would like to think there is a view to making it permanent should results work out. But two experienced players, should bring a wealth of knowledge, coming from out with the club also is a bonus as it means they aren’t going from player to manager at their own club.

Anyone know why it is only on an interim basis? How long is interim?

Is it a try before you buy? is there a takeover going on behind the scenes? Do they even have someone else in mind?  Hopefully the press release will shed more light.

Would have preferred someone like Darren Young but will get behind a Miller McCracken combo.

Is it a try before you buy? is there a takeover going on behind the scenes? Do they even have someone else in mind?  Hopefully the press release will shed more light.
Would have preferred someone like Darren Young but will get behind a Miller McCracken combo.
It must be untill the end of the season, why would Miller leave Livi for a 2-3 week gig.

In theory even if they arent at the start of a glittering career, they should improve things for us. Ray and the playing squad had veered off down a wrong path. This should allow a reset with no focus on loyalties to certain players.

That said, making an interim appointment like this at any other club might make the fans discuss long term plan, the board must have someone lined up who is out of contract in summer etc... Not us though. This is just another blind flail at the pinata by them.

By f**k I hope it works because I would hate to see the magnificent big b*****d hounded.

Oh, and player manager as soon as the window opens. Miller would torture defenders in this league.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Already excited for you lot getting carried away after a couple of wins, changing your avatars and creating nicknames for Lee Miller, before wanting him sacked this time next year. It happened with Hartley and it happened with McKinnon.

Twice bitten, thrice shy

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Already excited for you lot getting carried away after a couple of wins, changing your avatars and creating nicknames for Lee Miller, before wanting him sacked this time next year. It happened with Hartley and it happened with McKinnon.

He's already got a nickname m8

29 minutes ago, champions said:

Unlike when Hartley and Houston were headhunted, there appears to be no obvious target this time. Or maybe no budget to pay for someone who's already in a job.

So they'll invite applications and wait to see who applies. The process could take a couple of weeks and in the meantime someone has to take the team for both training and matches. 

19 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You live a very sad existence ma friend.

I notice Peterhead are keeping McCracken’s position open for him to go back too.

I’d imagine we’ll keep Miller not matter what happens and he may be an assistant or just a coach.

Win win in my opinion.
That's my assumption as well. I think he knows his playing days are coming to an end and maybe a guarantee of a coaching role is enticing him

The worst decision ever taken by FFC.  Told when he applied that they wanted somebody more experienced. One of the great what if's !

Along with Fergie handing us Andy Gray on a plate in exchange for a meagre signing on fee. That was turned down as well.