The Falkirk FC Thread

I dont think thats a bad appointment to be honest, we could have done a hell of a lot worse, could read into it though, if it is only an interim basis is there moves on behind the scenes in regards to the ownership issue 

Edited by AL-FFC

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He's a lively character who's very outgoing and personable. I wouldn't claim to know him closely, but I've spoken to him often enough to know that he's a long way short of the thicko that he's being portrayed as here.

He stepped up to coach our U19s after Alan Maybury was sacked along with Houston and McDonaugh so he does have some coaching experience at Falkirk.

That you just back from the stadium? 👀

2 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

I don't for a second think that either would improve our strongest starting eleven but if they're released by their respective clubs then surely they'll become free agents and free to sign?

No. They can only sign as players if they are released during a transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

I don't for a second think that either would improve our strongest starting eleven but if they're released by their respective clubs then surely they'll become free agents and free to sign?

Could theoretically manage us but not be able to play if livi and peterhead decided to keep their registrations and wanted a fee plus they couldn't play till January anyway.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

10s for Darren Young is worth a wee punt.

Betting suspended on McBookies but he could still get the permanent gig, as per the bet conditions. Doesn't look very likely though. 

7 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Can be released but can’t play until the window is open and can be registered.

I think the last thing we need a Dave McCracken in defense who’s barely played for a year.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

That you just back from the stadium? 👀

No, there's nothing football-orientated that I know of planned for this week, or at least nothing that I'd be involved in.

I posted yesterday that I expected some sort of interim announcement this week but I doubt there'll be any real publicity for it. A few lines on the website and then let whoever comes in get on with it.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Just now, weetoonlad said:
2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:
Miller and McCracken as interim managers.

Huge gamble by the club . once again no thinking behind Sacking RMc . if both are leaving their present clubs then its going to be them both as new management team . does it surprise me No . total clowns running the club

The last two experienced managers have been excellent right enough.

Can you name a realistic shout that’s not a gamble?

I agree with your last sentence.