The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

In to 7s now!

ods.PNG

27 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

i reckon Mcbookie are just reading this thread tbh.

McBookie don't have any inside knowledge so I don't know why fans continually check the odds of lower league managers as if it's some sort of indicator. 

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Is it that ridiculous of an idea to go out all guns blazing and get Levein? Recently let go from the Jambos so will no doubt be looking for work. Will have the squad fit and drilled in no time. Plenty of experience also! Whats not to like?

6-4-0

Maybe with an intern appointment the BOD have finally got the message and are considering their positions in the running of the club and see letting a new regime appoint their own man as the best way forward. I don't see why Miller and McCracken would agree to this if it was only a 2-3 week gig.

7 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Called this a few hours after McKinnon was sacked. Well I got half of it right 🤣 I’d be playing miller up front too and McCracken at the back!

They won't be able to play surely, we're between transfer windows?

35 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was told a few years ago when Lee Miller was at Hearts was told by one of their sponsors that he was the thickest footballer he had ever come across.

He's not necessarily a bad guy but used to have a handler at United to stop him walking into walls or speaking to anyone! I'm a bit shocked to see him get this sort of job!

Saying that, on MacKinnon (sorry to knock him when he's down), I remember a few seasons back he signed Benedictus from Dundee and was announcing him to the press. In the interview, he made reference to Benedictus being a strong left footed player multiple times and to reinforce this, spoke of how good it was that he'd balanced the defence with him and Toshney who could play on their natural side (reinforcing to me that this wasn't a moment of getting confused and was a genuine belief). Benedictus of course wasn't left footed at all, he scored an unreal goal V Hibs with it but it was an aberration and I assume that MacKinnon's research was maybe searching YouTube. That would have me terrified on the board if my manager was saying stuff like that!

I don't know if that's anyone external now ruled out but I know Stewart Petrie to be an extremely capable and competent guy, Montrose play decent football for their status. Maybe he wants to keep his full-time job (I think he works in a bank) but a bit surprised he wasn't well up that McBookie list early on, can't see he was spoken about much here. 

From a Raith point of view I’d love you to appoint Yogi but I think Darren Young would be ok for us.
It would obviously unsettle East Fife and I think their challenge would wither.
And while I think he’s a good manager, I can’t see him going in and turning you around immediately.
It’s taken him a few years to sort East Fife so although there’d probably be an improvement I don’t think I’d be overly concerned.

Please appoint Yogi though. Just for the bants.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He's not necessarily a bad guy but used to have a handler at United to stop him walking into walls or speaking to anyone! I'm a bit shocked to see him get this sort of job!

Saying that, on MacKinnon (sorry to knock him when he's down), I remember a few seasons back he signed Benedictus from Dundee and was announcing him to the press. In the interview, he made reference to Benedictus being a strong left footed player multiple times and to reinforce this, spoke of how good it was that he'd balanced the defence with him and Toshney who could play on their natural side (reinforcing to me that this wasn't a moment of getting confused and was a genuine belief). Benedictus of course wasn't left footed at all, he scored an unreal goal V Hibs with it but it was an aberration and I assume that MacKinnon's research was maybe searching YouTube. That would have me terrified on the board if my manager was saying stuff like that!. 

He did something similar this season, signed a winger on loan from hearts, claimed he could play anywhere down the left, the poor lad is right footed!

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He's a lively character who's very outgoing and personable. I wouldn't claim to know him closely, but I've spoken to him often enough to know that he's a long way short of the thicko that he's being portrayed as here.

He stepped up to coach our U19s after Alan Maybury was sacked along with Houston and McDonaugh so he does have some coaching experience at Falkirk.

If it's the case that he's to go, then BSLM will go with my best wishes. He was integral to our play off success two seasons ago - not so much in games played, but because he was a great help with the younger players in the squad.

I'm not quite sure why he was given another deal at the end of last season, because he hasn't had his injury troubles to seek and has been a bit of a waste of a wage since then. Having said that, he seems a great guy to have around the club.