The Falkirk FC Thread

I see that Lee Miller is now the bookies favourite 6/4 but judging by the Falkirk Herald, I cannot see that being a reliable guide:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-manager-lee-miller-new-bookies-favourite-1-5047860

Martin Rennie appears as the perennial "local boy to come home" and I've lost track of how many times he's been linked with any club in Scotland. Give it a couple of more days and we'll see Nevio Scala and Stuart Baxter appear in the list of candidates.

19 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

My money is on yogi tbh. Whether we like it or not. He's free, got experience,knows the club and isn't a gamble like Miller or McCracken. The only sticking point with him is he will probably want to know how much money is in the pot. Not a lot John not a lot. 

Really don't know how you can say that Yogi isn't a gamble.

Is it that ridiculous of an idea to go out all guns blazing and get Levein? Recently let go from the Jambos so will no doubt be looking for work. Will have the squad fit and drilled in no time. Plenty of experience also! Whats not to like?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Is it that ridiculous of an idea to go out all guns blazing and get Levein? Recently let go from the Jambos so will no doubt be looking for work. Will have the squad fit and drilled in no time. Plenty of experience also! Whats not to like?

He's still in a job with Hearts till the end of the season has he not been moved to their academy director or something ?

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Young is the obvious choice but I really don't see us paying compensation for anyone.

You might not need to pay compensation, there could be a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if he is offered a full time contract. I am sure we pouched Ray from Brechin that way 

Guest Ecosse83

I've really came around to the idea of Mcdonaugh or Young now. Both done good jobs with part time teams and possibly looking for the next step. 

Although don't think we will pay for anyone!

Yogi has whored himself for every job in Scotland for over 18 months including the National job and I’m fairly sure no one has even given him the light of day. Just because he speaks to the Daily Record and says the fire is in his belly again, just means Falkirk will say “I ok John, jog on, just like every other job he has had the fire in his belly for. He hasn’t a hope in hell of getting our job or even being spoken to!! Arrogant twat!!

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Our fans are absolutely mental. John Kennedy just turned down talks with Hibs and Celtic want 300k compensation for him. But aye he will pack it all in to work with such luminaries as Paul Dixon and Mark Durnan for 600 quid a week.

John Kennedy was an example of assistant managers that could be available. Was aware of the Hibs - Hearts interest and that is why I mentioned him.

Hope this clarifies !

1 hour ago, drs said:

Sacked by Hartlepool

Mutual consented by Inverness once he put his own team together.

An utter abortion of a half season at Raith that saw him relegated and show himself up as an egotistical dinosaur.

Only a complete idiot would want him back at Falkirk based on his managerial ability.

Someone said it in another thread last week - football fans are conservative when it comes to managerial appointments, too blinkered in their thinking that it has to be a previous manager or a former player. Falkirk need someone steeped in putting an attractive winning team on the park rather than looking at someone who played 200+ games for the club just because they played 200+ games for the club.

You left out his nine months at Livingston. He curried favour with a few fans due to his desire to rid the club of halfwits (Bobby Barr etc), and other fans because of his passion for playing "the passing game, aw those triangles 'n hings, aw lat".

Those tactics were an abomination for us at our level, and they would be worse for Falkirk in L1.