The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

2012/13 St Mirren win the league cup

2013/14 St Johnstone win the Scottish Cup and finish top 6 in the Premier league

2014/15 ICT win the Scottish Cup and finish 3rd in the Premier league

2015/16 Ross County win the league cup and finish top 6 in the Premier league

Yogi as Falkirk manager 2003/2009 won the 1st Division and the Challenge cup. I sincerely hope this isn't seen as our successful period.

Something big happened in 2012 which assisted in all of the above. You might want to check who the Inverness manager was in 2014/15 too.

Edited by Marshmallo

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Something big happened in 2012 which assisted in all of the above. You might want to check who the Inverness manager in 2014/15 too.

I'm very well aware of both.

ETA it was the peak of Yogi and went downhill from that day onwards.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Exactly. Would rather we broke the habit of a lifetime and took a step forward for once than turn the clock back more than a decade in the vain hope whatever Hughes had as a manager is still there. It isn't. He's had his time. The thought of his slow, sideways passing "philosophy" in League 1 is horrific. Spent the club to the brink of the oblivion, whored himself around in the media for every job going, could not get out of the club quickly enough and has never had a good word to say about us since. Now he's demanding talks because he's desperate and no-one will touch him with a bargepole. You're all right John.

[emoji817] this. He is desperate because no one will touch him now. Arrogant twat who I know has slagged us off endlessly since he left!!

Would be nice to go for someone on the way up in their managerial career instead of appointing managers that have failed in their last posts. Hughes is a definite no no unless he can somehow convince Russell Latapy to put his boots on and be 10 years younger. His managerial talents revolved around him and he hadn't a clue how to get results when he disappeared during the winter months.  The likes of Young and Petrie must be worth an interview not sure about mcdonagh.  First step would probably be resigning Scott Shepherd which may just tip me over the edge.

So because he signed Scott Shepherd from a championship team for a league two team, he is going to automatically sign him for a team in the league above if he becomes manager? Great logic.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

So because he signed Scott Shepherd from a championship team for a league two team, he is going to automatically sign him for a team in the league above if he becomes manager? Great logic.

If you think back Shadwells hatred for both Sheps and Alex Harris was vented on numerous occasions 

6 minutes ago, Trump said:

wee bit tongue in cheek to be honest. He's got at least four of our rejects in his side.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Heart says Yogi head says no. His success with us was in no small part down to both Latapy and Brian Rice, neither of whom will come with him.

We need to get it right this time as has been said. Two dreadful appointments (whilst on the face of it at the time were good but turned out disastrous) is two too many and we can't afford another f**k up. Most crucial appointment in the history of our club imo.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Heart says Yogi head says no. His success with us was in no small part down to both Latapy and Brian Rice, neither of whom will come with him.

We need to get it right this time as has been said. Two dreadful appointments (whilst on the face of it at the time were good but turned out disastrous) is two too many and we can't afford another f**k up. Most crucial appointment in the history of our club imo.

Lets look at things with a view he has no number 2 the only player we have that is getting on and due to call time on his playing career is Dixon so that could be a prospect of saying get that so far to f**k so Yogi with Dixon as a possible assistant

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Exactly he hadn't a scooby how to win matches without Latapy on form. His premier league record between 1st of Jan and the split when Latapy used to disappear is frankly appalling. 11 wins out of 49 matches.

Just now, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm seeing Gary McAllister getting mentioned now as in for the job. Apologies if it's been mentioned already, but that would be another backward step.

https://twitter.com/McBookie/status/1196060117172719616

Think that one was done as a joke and he would need a serious drop in wages to come to us why would he give up a gig as Gerrards number 2

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Was Houston's assistant for a few seasons. I spoke to an ex player a few months ago and he was racing about him. Said he will have a good coaching career!

Aye, I was just wondering if there was any bad blood over the way it ended for Houston.

My only worry is what happens when we dont go up and BSLM is in charge. Do the Falkirk boo boys turn on him and give it all Lee Miller w**k w**k w**k? 

ultimately, we need to go up this year...that is a must. Therefore we need a manager with some experience, who plays attractive attacking football, who knows the league. Darren Young for me