The Falkirk FC Thread

Lee Miller/Scott McKenzie combo with a part time senior (e.g. houstie) offering advice?
Alternatively denny lennon, although he knocked back thistle so doubtful he'd jump ship to us.
He didn't knock back thistle . McCall was always first choice DL knew that and didn't want to speak to them

Danny Lennon is a shite manager.

The 6 points they have been gifted by us, along with having David Goodwillie in their squad have massively papered over the cracks for them this season.

The fact the Clyde fans worship him is a sad reflection of what's happened to them as a club 

Still plenty wrong at the club of course, but two significant, positive developments have unfolded in the last couple of weeks.  

Firstly, that Campbell clown who posed a genuine threat, has gone.  Now he's been joined by McKinnon, a lousy manager.

Things are actually looking up a bit for you lot.

I'll be interested to see what Falkirk do here. Do they look short-term and someone who will get the club up or longer-term and someone who can really make an impact. From the little I read, the board aren't popular but the last couple of managers certainly haven't looked short of backing in terms of finances.

Numerous examples of young coaches given a chance and who never really look back.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'll be interested to see what Falkirk do here. Do they look short-term and someone who will get the club up or longer-term and someone who can really make an impact. From the little I read, the board aren't popular but the last couple of managers certainly haven't looked short of backing in terms of finances.

Numerous examples of young coaches given a chance and who never really look back.

If whats been posted with Gow being at the Dumbarton game then he is obviously still interested in taking over the club the issue for that is do the MSG realise their time is up and do what the support want and sell up , if that is the case then i think that will have an impact on the manager i.e.  short term or not

54 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Danny Lennon is a shite manager.

The 6 points they have been gifted by us, along with having David Goodwillie in their squad have massively papered over the cracks for them this season.

The fact the Clyde fans worship him is a sad reflection of what's happened to them as a club 

He's also a complete oddball who wants to bring back national service and take a group of boys to a desert island. Hard pass. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

AFAIK there is no press conference planned for Tuesday. The club will wait to see who applies and then take it from there.  Bear in mind McKinnon applied rather than being headhunted.

I suspect there may be an update over the next couple of days in terms of what happens until an appointment is made.

That's what I suspected at the time (and posted here). The way the whole thing happened I was sure Mckinnon had contacted us and we then contacted Morton, which is what made the "tapping up" allegation seem strange. I can only assume the SPFL took the view that even answering the phone to a contracted manager constituted a breach of the rules. 

Carl Robinson and Micky Mellon on the list, they been on other teams lists recently?
McCulloch suspended?
Without knowing anything personally about them, thought Young had East Fife set up well against us and looked the best team I've seen this season and had a decent shot at Albion.
McDonaugh might be a good shout with Scott Mackenzie.

Haha I played football manager last year. Ray McKinnon got us relegated, he was then sacked and replaced by Micky Mellon. I asked McBookie what the odds would be as a joke. Didn’t expect them to post it [emoji23]

That's what I suspected at the time (and posted here). The way the whole thing happened I was sure Mckinnon had contacted us and we then contacted Morton, which is what made the "tapping up" allegation seem strange. I can only assume the SPFL took the view that even answering the phone to a contracted manager constituted a breach of the rules. 

I think BPM posted way back that it was McKinnon who tapped up Falkirk rather than the other way around.

In any case. Morton and Raith both had him cast as a bit of a reptile because of the manner in which he shot the craw. Of course, it’s been left to the Bairns to definitively confirm that he is about as bad as it gets in the role of football manager.

Hartley had family connections (and some managerial achievements) to get him another gig. McKinnon has none of these things afaik, and a few unbeaten run stats plus a very public failing with us is going to make him a very difficult sell.

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Here we go another week of being subjected to ridicule, fantasy and everyone having “ insider information “

Expect the unexpected 🥳

Spot on, remember when Hartley was sacked every man and their dug knew who was coming in. Don’t think a single person guessed Ray. I weep at how happy we were when it happened 

37 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Expected more Morton fans on here tbh

They're probably paralysed with myrth.
The thing that struck me about McKinnon at Starks, with his treatment of McGurn (to put us fans in our place) and "shooting the Craw" was how "its all about me". Doing the dirty on Morton was entirely in keeping with the man. I dont suppose he'll now have many friends left in football.