The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

PS  And these old codgers commentating WTF...

Finally, a comment to put a smile on my face.

The main commentator is 21 - or within a year of it either side - and I think the other one is our last remaining youth player who's recovering from a serious injury. He's19.

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Finally, a comment to put a smile on my face.

The main commentator is 21 - or within a year of it either side - and I think the other one is our last remaining youth player who's recovering from a serious injury. He's19.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Betting suspended on Lee McFuckingCulloch? Fucking f**k. 

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

If it's Lee McCulloch I will reach unbelievable levels of rage and seethe.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Lee McElbows emoji85.png

The crowds will drop in jig time.

Money been going on Gart McAllister and David McCracken apparently. Would be happy with both for different reasons - Gary Mac will have loads of connections down South, and McCracken strikes me as being very fitness focused with a willingness to try modern methods. He would create a good atmosphere in the dressing room as well.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Money been going on Gart McAllister and David McCracken apparently. Would be happy with both for different reasons - Gary Mac will have loads of connections down South, and McCracken strikes me as being very fitness focused with a willingness to try modern methods. He would create a good atmosphere in the dressing room as well.

I would love to have Mcracken in the fold. Madman like Mikey Doyle but absolute fitness freak too. Much needed. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

McAllister was a wind up

6 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Worryingly it’s looking like Coyle’s already lined up. PC expected on Tuesday to announce. Hope the information is wrong. Also heard that Lee M won’t be released from Livy as his assistant.

AFAIK there is no press conference planned for Tuesday. The club will wait to see who applies and then take it from there.  Bear in mind McKinnon applied rather than being headhunted.

I suspect there may be an update over the next couple of days in terms of what happens until an appointment is made.

For emotional reasons only, I would be over the moon with a manager steeped in Falkirk.  Imagine the club lead by a Falkirk legend like Latapy or Crunchie or Stainrod?   In an ideal world that would be amazing.  However we all know that's a non starter for cold logical reasons.

I don't think Houston would come back after being hounded out last time.  So we are in for one of the usual candidates, nothing exciting, just logical and sensible.

Hartley and McKinnon were to some extend sensible options (though they turned out to be the opposite).  Perhaps we should go the whole hog this time and go for someone not on the bookies favourites list?