The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

If any on that list are appointed could the last one out TFS switch off the lights.  We seriously need new ownership if that’s the best we can attract.  I hope to f**k someone that wants to cut there teeth in management that’s had a bit of pedigree in there playing career puts his CV in.

Barry Robson?

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Davie Weir?

If you listened to his walking down hope st interview, then you'd hear why he shouldn't be a No1 in a management team.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I'm astonished to see Coyle as a favourite for any job after his disaster at County. He was totally and utterly incompetent in his tactics, his training and his signings.

I loved the Blackburn fan comment regarding Coyles time, it was along the words of great manager if your players want to improve their pool, snooker and darts skills.

When we do appoint someone, I hope we go for a rolling contract for now, yes there is a danger of them leaving if successful but it's how I'd have it for the time being

Watching Falkirk's highlights theyre very one sided; it looks like Dumbarton didnt get out their own half for half an hour. 

Very soft penalty too, the defender had the ball blasted against him -no attempt to handle the ball.

PS  And these old codgers commentating WTF...

Edited by Raith_Raver

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Watching Falkirk's highlights theyre very one sided; it looks like Dumbarton didnt get out their own half for half an hour. 

Very soft penalty too, the defender had the ball blasted against him -no attempt to handle the ball.

I don’t like this current team, wanted to lose to get rid of McKinnon, and generally think handballs are given far too often and hate the new handball rule. And yet that is still one of the most blatant pens I’ve seen in the last 3 years 

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I don’t like this current team, wanted to lose to get rid of McKinnon, and generally think handballs are given far too often and hate the new handball rule. And yet that is still one of the most blatant pens I’ve seen in the last 3 years 

Yep, agree about the stupidity of the rule.

The defender had his back to the shot. I cant see why anyone would want to handle a shot there, and right in front of the ref.

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yep, agree about the stupidity of the rule.

The defender had his back to the shot. I cant see why anyone would want to handle a shot there, and right in front of the ref.

He turns his back with his arms out to block the shot which is goal bound. Blatant pen. 

Just now, Sarcastic Bairn said:

As much as we would think that would be a natural move, my understanding is that they have never asked his opinion on any of the past decisions.

Why would they they know better than anyone 🙄

Nea chance.Why would he drop two divisions when hes doing so well at Livi.Not to mention putting up with those supporters if it went tits up.Wont happen.Fact.

I’ve heard that he’s already submitted his application. If he gets it I’ve been told he’s going to bring ex Falkirk stalwart Tiago Jonas Ferraz Rodrigues as part of his coaching team.

One thing that always bemuses me is the criticism the BOD gets over the Hartley situation.

The decision to appoint Hartley was a good decision. The decision to bin Hartley was a good decision. I really don't think they did anything wrong over it.
Yes agreed but think about that he was terrible latterly with us and I heard there were regular bust ups.+ hes done a job at cove since we binned him.I think it just points to a deeper problem within the club and changing the manager yet again may not make any difference. I'm not a fan of Hartley as a person but maybe their were other issues below the surface.
My vote would be Austin McPhee if hearts don't hand him the job or the east Fife manager if we can afford the compo