The Falkirk FC Thread

If any on that list are appointed could the last one out TFS switch off the lights.  We seriously need new ownership if that’s the best we can attract.  I hope to f**k someone that wants to cut there teeth in management that’s had a bit of pedigree in there playing career puts his CV in.

Think I might be tempted by Martin Rennie but don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell of getting him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Rennie

Second choice for me would be Darren Young.

(if those are the only options available).

Edited by Bairn in Exile

31 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Sweet jesus

They're meaningless. They've probably just had a look on here to see who is being mentioned, added in a few other randoms (Mark McGhee 😀), job done. They won't have a clue and, as has been said countless times, even a small bet will be enough to change the odds. Utterly pointless.

40 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Screenshot 2019-11-17 at 12.34.12.png

Odds from McBookie

Carl Robinson and Micky Mellon on the list, they been on other teams lists recently?

McCulloch suspended?

Without knowing anything personally about them, thought Young had East Fife set up well against us and looked the best team I've seen this season and had a decent shot at Albion.

McDonaugh might be a good shout with Scott Mackenzie.

Edited by Super Tuesday

I'm astonished to see Coyle as a favourite for any job after his disaster at County. He was totally and utterly incompetent in his tactics, his training and his signings.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I'm astonished to see Coyle as a favourite for any job after his disaster at County. He was totally and utterly incompetent in his tactics, his training and his signings.

I just hope they have learned the lessons from Hartley's appointment and speak to Ross county before considering Coyle!

6 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

Carl Robinson and Micky Mellon on the list, they been on other teams lists recently?

McCulloch suspended?

Without knowing anything personally about them, thought Young had East Fife set up well against us and looked the best team I've seen this season and had a decent shot at Albion.

McDonaugh might be a good shout with Scott Mackenzie.

Micky Mellon has done a decent job with Tranmere, not sure why he would want to slum it in the Scottish 3rd tier, unless he has a deep wish to return to Scotland!

The club are in the rare situation of having to sell themselves to potential managers.

For the for the time in following Falkirk since the 60's we have got a reputation as a hire and fire club. Prior to that FFC were respected for standing by their managers and buying into their vision. That attracted talent and when they moved onto bigger clubs we got compensated and goodwill from the ex manager and their new club.

We have to get that reputation back. That comes from trust and with the board we have that is in scarce supply

Ownership ? Funds ? Length of contract ? Amount of control ?  are all questions potential new managers are going to ask. The Board should to make a statement on Monday outlining what are  the answers. But somehow I doubt it.

As much as people on here are appalled at the usual names being banded about. Can anyone seriously see our board doing something left field and going for anyone different or even leaving it a few weeks to step back and assess the whole f@cking mess that we are in. 

As much as people on here are appalled at the usual names being banded about. Can anyone seriously see our board doing something left field and going for anyone different or even leaving it a few weeks to step back and assess the whole f@cking mess that we are in. 

Tommy Sloan ? Done a fantastic job at Auchinleck