The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Pressley was a bit of a marmite character i think a lot of folk hated him for the Scotland debacle others felt his ego was the issue.  I know he said we would stay up but i cant help but think he was trying to install a positive mentalityand get that belief into the players which goes against everything about being Scottish ..lol.

I just dont want any of the usual suspects near us they failed at their respective clubs and are out of work for a reason.

What's Pressley achieved as a manager?

I just dont want any of the usual suspects near us they failed at their respective clubs and are out of work for a reason.

That's exactly what we'll get though. We won't be spending money to pay a manager out his contract, so all we have left is the guys out of work. Not sure who you're expecting us to get

it doesn't matter who we get in really,  he'll need to work miracles with the current squad. if we even get a half decent manager in to kick them up the arse and get this team going it could be top 3 at least. 

but no to Coyle,  Hughes, McCann,  McIntyre. 

Id like to see it given to McDonaugh,  give him a shot. Backed up by kerr and miller. 

it doesn't matter who we get in really,  he'll need to work miracles with the current squad. if we even get a half decent manager in to kick them up the arse and get this team going it could be top 3 at least. 
Id like to see it given to McDonaugh,  give him a shot. Backed up by kerr and miller. 
Are you completely ignoring the fact that Kerr is the manager at Ayr, a club who are second in the Scottish championship? Or are you deluded enough that you believe he'd leave that to become an assistant at Falkirk?

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What's Pressley achieved as a manager?

IIRC he got you relegated. Just like Agent McKinnon. 

That's good enough for me. 

Sign him and his brown shoes up. 

....... and get McKinnon back as assistant manager. 

Dream team. 

1 minute ago, Rocco said:
4 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

Are you completely ignoring the fact that Kerr is the manager at Ayr, a club who are second in the Scottish championship? Or are you deluded enough that you believe he'd leave that to become an assistant at Falkirk?

No im not ignoring that fact. I think kerr would and will be good for Ayr.  But that's the management team i would like.  In reality you and I both know it'll be someone poor. I hope not. 

Pressley was a bit of a marmite character i think a lot of folk hated him for the Scotland debacle others felt his ego was the issue.  I know he said we would stay up but i cant help but think he was trying to install a positive mentalityand get that belief into the players which goes against everything about being Scottish ..lol.

His ego without a doubt is out of control, hopefully that ego wont allow himself to drop to league 1.

Your right though, the usually list of names are pretty grim.

I not usually one calling for a "falkirk man" but on this occasion i would like someome with a bit of a connection to the club as there is actually nobody, coaches or players the fans have any affinity with.......just no broon shoes plz.

No im not ignoring that fact. I think kerr would and will be good for Ayr.  But that's the management team i would like.  In reality you and I both know it'll be someone poor. I hope not. 
Fair enough. I really think it'll be Coyle and tbh, I'm not really sure how I feel about that. He has managed at a good level, however, he also made a right arse of the Ross County job

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:
7 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

Fair enough. I really think it'll be Coyle and tbh, I'm not really sure how I feel about that. He has managed at a good level, however, he also made a right arse of the Ross County job

If the booard are serious about selling, i think any new manager will be short term as the new owners will more than likely bring in their own man. Unless we unearth a total gem which with this board is highly unlikely

No chance it will be Coyle IMO. Short term issue to get over for the Linlithgow game but it does buy the club a bit of time to get someone.

Time for a reset IMO. Deep breath, new BOD and a proper plan moving forward. Stumbled along for too long with the same people looking at things has shown not to be working.

Thing with Coyle was him and Hughes brought with them a winning team with the demise of Airdrie.

As for Pressley achieved nothing as a manager pretty much the same as the rest of the usual suspects and relegation was as near a certainty anyway he just tried to change a mindset of a team that was already doomed but mathematically it was still possible. If i mind right it came down to that last game at Killie to relegate us but once again it was jinxed,  but he did manage to unearth a few players.

As for next manager put the job out there and see who applies theres got to be more interested than the usual suspects although i would imagine there will be a lot looking for their first managerial gig to cut their teeth so it could go either way downside is we want to try and get promoted at first attempt in this league  so they are probably going to look at some sort of experience.

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

I mean at least he has a better win percentage than Ray did in 2/5 of his last jobs!

Steady decline for Coyle there. Each job his percentage gets worse!

Edited by Ecosse83

Guest Ecosse83
50 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

Wouldn't say no to that although the fact he's already in a job could be a sticking point!

Pressley built his management career on bringing through our academy players when the club was skint. Not sure it's the most useful skill for us to have.

I think the point about the fans not feeling connected to the club is a real issue. Sounds daft as it's true for all appointments but this one is absolutely crucial to the future of the club, if they go for some jobber who'll continue Rays bizarre mercenary recruitment policy then i think we're in real trouble.

We need someone capable of building a team that we don't need to rebuild every six months!