The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Great picture...….and it's a fair huge chunk of land when you see it.

Are those 5-a-side pitches still active? 

They aren’t used anymore I’d imagine it’s the original Astro that was put down when built.

An emergency board meeting took place last night to sack McKinnon but the old blood on the board ( Lex and Andy ) rejected the idea stating things like “ who cares what they think” and there’s only about 50 people angry.

Stated he will win us the league and has a healthy 51% win rate this year.

We need to organise something here as they blatantly don’t care what the fans think and are killing our club

Andy Thomson and Lex Miller have to go! 

11 minutes ago, Falkirk News said:

An emergency board meeting took place last night to sack McKinnon but the old blood on the board ( Lex and Andy ) rejected the idea stating things like “ who cares what they think” and there’s only about 50 people angry.

We need to organise something here as they blatantly don’t care what the fans think and are killing our club

Whole lot of them have to go 

Even more reason to fill out the away end on Saturday and make our feelings known. With the board in such close proximity we have nothing to lose by ensuing we are loud and clear.

44 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

They aren’t used anymore I’d imagine it’s the original Astro that was put down when built.

I used to play three times a week on those pitches and they were utterly hoaching all the time. But they were poorly maintained and more and more groups I know (my own included) now play at Little Kerse.

51 minutes ago, Falkirk News said:

there’s only about 50 people angry.

Therein lies the nub of the problem. The board will see (or not, if they've any sense) 50 or so usernames on an internet forum giving them hell, and then weigh that up against the approx 4000 who turned up at the game on Saturday and have continued to do so this season. 

I was astonished when I saw that figure at the weekend. Your board would have been thinking "we cannae be doing THAT badly".

Fiddling while Rome burns springs to mind.

7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think you are spot on with your assertion.

I said a while ago when we binned the academy we lost our main identify & a big link to the community. You mention "younger players at Falkirk"- I don't think there are any anymore.

Craig Campbell's terribly executed Brentford Model left us with utter garbage players with no feeling for the club - they were eventually replaced by what we have now, a mix of mercenaries & Ray's old pals.

I heard an ex player on the radio last year , can't remember who it was and he said players do not play for the fans, they play for the manager who brought them in...…..until which time that they want rid of him then they cease to try for him.

There is no doubt in recent years our best time was when the team was full of ex academy guys  - Sibbald, Fultons, Alston , Kingsley, Wallace etc - cup final, praise from all quarters, players with an affinity for the club and then we made some decent cash form them mostly.

Incidentally who in our current squad could we sell for cash, any cash?

You mention the loss of the academy, something I forgot about that does mesh exactly. Look at Rovers, closing the youth team for a cost savings simply removes a contact with the community and removes an outlet to play and develop those local players. We’re lucky in that we still have a couple of local lads, but without that, a missing link to the fan base develops. One that severs the connections.

Sorry to say it, but it can take a couple of years at a level to get some continuity in a team. We’ve all seem a promoted team totally overhaul its rooster to get “league X” type players, much the same way FFC remade it’s rooster after the drop. We’ve also seen sometimes it doesn’t work. If the BoD cotton onto these simple facts, Ray will be gone by Christmas...if they don’t see that, FFC will stumble alone with Ray to a playoff failure and another complete remake next summer.

2 hours ago, Falkirk News said:

New members of board are trying to get change. I heard 2 of the new members are potentially going to resign over what is happening and the discontent the old blood have for the fans/progression

Aren't the new members Lex Miller's pals? if so can't see them resigning. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

You mention the loss of the academy, something I forgot about that does mesh exactly. Look at Rovers, closing the youth team for a cost savings simply removes a contact with the community and removes an outlet to play and develop those local players. We’re lucky in that we still have a couple of local lads, but without that, a missing link to the fan base develops. One that severs the connections.

Sorry to say it, but it can take a couple of years at a level to get some continuity in a team. We’ve all seem a promoted team totally overhaul its rooster to get “league X” type players, much the same way FFC remade it’s rooster after the drop. We’ve also seen sometimes it doesn’t work. If the BoD cotton onto these simple facts, Ray will be gone by Christmas...if they don’t see that, FFC will stumble alone with Ray to a playoff failure and another complete remake next summer.

Yes continuity is something we have massively failed on, as well as the murder of our youth system.  

I don't mean to be disrespectful as we are in agreement & I like your style but you've went full American on me. Do you mean roster or are you actually talking about a big chicken?  

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yes continuity is something we have massively failed on, as well as the murder of our youth system.  

I don't mean to be disrespectful as we are in agreement & I like your style but you've went full American on me. Do you mean roster or are you actually talking about a big chicken?  

If he had mentioned roaster he could have meant anyone of the board and or management team and come to think of it playing side of things it covers a broad range of people at the club.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If he had mentioned roaster he could have meant anyone of the board and or management team and come to think of it playing side of things it covers a broad range of people at the club.

I think overhauling a rooster might be a criminal offence here , maybe not in Trumpland though.