The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The board had better grow a set soon. I was of the opinion that the olayers downed tools for Houston. Its the new normal in football like it or not. If the board think they can bury their heads in the sand and this blows over they are dead wrong. The players will just make the club suffer until the point of irreparable damage.

All the power in the world is with players and it stinks.

He simply has to go!! Whilst I thought we were the better team on Sat for a significant part of the game there just seemed to be no desire to get back in to it when we went 1-0 down. Even when we equalised there was no urgency to get the ball back and go for the winner. RM seems to be too happy to play for a draw and that's what got us in to this league in the first place and certainly won't get us out. 

Trying to work out how McKinnon is still in a job. OK, so he did well at Raith Rovers, guiding them to the championship play-offs. Ignoring his few games at Morton, he currently has a win rate at Falkirk of 31%, and a loss rate of 37%. The only time he ever did well as a manager was one season with Raith. That's it!

How is he still in a job? 

14 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He said the line we've all been waiting for though.

"We are only two points off the top of the league."

BINGO!

There are a worrying amount of fans who think he's doing a good job for precisely that reason.

As I've said before, we're only two points off the top of the league because every team in the league (including us) is either woefully inconsistent, utter pish, or a combination of both.

We've got 22 points out of 13 games. Arbroath, a part-time team, were unbeaten and had 33 points at the same stage last season.

A decent manager would have us ten points clear.

All the power in the world is with players and it stinks.

Yep. Not saying I like it or think it's right but it absolutely is the way of it, and if those in charge cant see that, the fans will continue to be treated to turgid shite because the players assertions about Ray will not change, if anything they will get worse and the club will be doomed to another season in this fucking league.

I can understand the reasons why he hasnt been sacked yet. Evidently though, they dont understand the reasons why they need to sack him, and being taken in by yet another pile of worthless platitudes like "we had a clear the air meeting" in the senseless hope that it means anything is further evidence of their ineptitude. Sleepwalking into the deep end with these fucking diddies.

Dumbarton to beat us by 2 or 3 at the weekend.

Somebody hit the nail on the head earlier - players respond to a manager through fear or respect. They don't fear Ray and they don't appear to respect them.

I'd go further - at our level, players only work for managers who are going to make them better - ie produce a winning team which gets them noticed and hopefully gets them a move to a club with better wages. They've sussed Ray doesn't know what he's doing so he's no good to them. I'm betting agents have already been told to start looking for the next move.