The Falkirk FC Thread

The board had better grow a set soon. I was of the opinion that the olayers downed tools for Houston. Its the new normal in football like it or not. If the board think they can bury their heads in the sand and this blows over they are dead wrong. The players will just make the club suffer until the point of irreparable damage.

Its like a football manager team meeting, f**k sake[emoji23]

So that everything ok now ?:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-management-and-players-say-they-ve-got-to-be-better-after-bairns-clear-the-air-meeting-1-5044680

Falkirk management and players say they’ve got to be better after Bairns clear the air meeting

Just need the MSG to have a clear the air meeting and we might be able to move on.

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-management-and-players-say-they-ve-got-to-be-better-after-bairns-clear-the-air-meeting-1-5044680

Falkirk management and players say they’ve got to be better after Bairns clear the air meeting

Just need the MSG to have a clear the air meeting and we might be able to move on.

Not a reflection on you AL-FFC, I appreciate your post but what a load of PR Bullshit. The players would do better if they had a manager who knew what he was doing, the blame lies squarely with McKinnon and he should grow a pair and resign. I am sure that he could get another gig driving a taxi and maybe managing some junior team in Dundee or Angus but he definitely doesn't have what it takes for the senior game. GTF.

11 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

There’s millionaires on the board - they should be footing the bill to get him to feck as they appointed the clown in the first place.

Correct!! ”Superfan” Alexander or Ritchie could dip into their pockets any time to help fix this mess they’ve created, but they won’t, because they simply don’t care. They need hunted before McKinnon.

It’s a clear your desk meeting they should be having.

“But the manager believes Monday’s team meeting could be a pivotal moment in the team’s season.”

[emoji849]

Pivotal in that the team have probably sussed out that he doesn’t have a clue how to manage a team at this level. I think his only relative success as a manager came at Brechin City.

It should never have got to this stage, he should’ve been asked to go on Monday. Give us some time to get a new manager who can utilise the January transfer market.

ETA: quotation marks

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Heard there was a big bust up with the manager and Tidser after the game

Both failures this season having a go at each other......classic

Management/players copying the boardroom !!

I do have a 20-30% sympathy for Tidser still left in that he looks short of match fitness when played in recent weeks but I have never really rated him as a player. 

McKinnon on the other hand is used to get me angry if the occasion occurs that I need to show that 20-30% more anger, go now ya clueless erse

Edited by MrDust

5 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Can't be arsed reading it but please let me know if the boys are working hard in training.

The Hardest Workers in Training Trophy is truly within our grasp & we need to see this out.    

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Quote from Alex Neil / Preston manager:

"If you give lads an opportunity from lower levels, you can find that quite easily. Because those lads are really hungry. They've had to work for everything they've got to get to the point they're at, they've never been handed anything, they've never been pampered, they've not got the type of money that makes your belly full where you don't really want to work that extra bit."

Very true.

Steve Archibald -Clyde

Jim Baxter - Raith Rovers

Jo Jordon - Morton

Archie Gemmell - St Mirren

Alan Hansen - Partick Thistle

To name but a few

There is of course the Falkirk greats we all knew that we sold for pennies  surprise surprise within in a short while they were internationalists.

3 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

The “clear the air” talks have probably bought McKinnon at worst the next two games.

Don’t worry, then they have the “players only meeting”, that delays it another two or three games...then the BoD meets with Ray to discuss the lack of progress and announces that Ray will “step back” from “day to day” coaching to focus more as a manager and allow his assistants to run the practices while Ray “realigns the team’s approach to promotion”...that’s another month or two....then the BoD announces their “full confidence” in Ray, and sack him the next week. That puts the earliest firing about mid-January, with little to no time to retool the team. And, even then, the BoD would likely view a firing as a waste of money because the window is closing/closed.

Fitness is certainly an issue. Tidser's not fit, Gomis is dead on his feet after 60 minutes, the rest aren't exactly buzzing. I was doing the Fans in Training thing at Falkirk - wasn't impressed at one of the club backroom guys who was taking part going on about sinking 11 pints on a night out. Maybe there's an issue there?