The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

8.00pm on Tuesday evening here and I still haven't looked at the "highlights" from Saturday, that's how scunnered I am with Falkirk FC at the moment. Just got no enthusiasm for things at all. 

I think I can top that.

I was actually at the game until about 65mins.

I had to leave as the wee man was freezing.

I still haven't seen our goal even though all I have to do is press play on the video whilst I have my phone in my hand.

Thanks again Ray.

37 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Think everyone has different memory’s of Brockville whether it be with friends that are no longer with us that gave us laughs or the fact it had character compared to the TFS, Even some of the folk that used to stand around you even the dourest  of games there was something there . The play off games against Hibs and Killie the atmosphere was buzzing that night which shows it can have an atmosphere.  It’s just dependant on the occasions i dare say.

I've seen plenty great atmospheres at Westfield over its 15 years but it doesn't fit people's agenda to admit it.

Give the place an absolute roasting and blame it for your wife leaving you is the way to go and worryingly accepted by Falkirk fans.

If you support FFC and  haven't figured out our fans talk utter shite yet then I dare say there is no hope for you (not you specifically).

28 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I think I can top that.

I was actually at the game until about 65mins.

I had to leave as the wee man was freezing.

I still haven't seen our goal even though all I have to do is press play on the video whilst I have my phone in my hand.

Thanks again Ray.

If that's the case might I suggest that you buy thicker underpants?😜

45 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McKinnon is not the guy to ever accept being wrong. Even if he saw in training that bringing in someone currently marginalised added something to the team, he wouldn’t make that change on a match-day.

He done something very similar when he took over at Rovers, decided he wanted nothing to do with Davie McGurn due to his P/T status despite him being the best keeper at the club & a legend. Forced him out the door just months after the guy had signed a new deal. Left a sour taste the way it was done.

He makes the classic mistake of management the world over. He expects respect for wearing the manager’s hat rather than for being a good man, and what he thinks is respect turns immediately to ridicule the moment his back is turned.
There is no way back for him. A manager with a pitiful track record when you look at the stats and context that he is keen to ignore.

54 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He makes the classic mistake of management the world over. He expects respect for wearing the manager’s hat rather than for being a good man, and what he thinks is respect turns immediately to ridicule the moment his back is turned.
There is no way back for him. A manager with a pitiful track record when you look at the stats and context that he is keen to ignore.

You've absolutely spun the same shit about a hundred times.

I'm genuinely bewildered that my football club are still employing this clown?! I thought Saturday might have finally been it. He has a worse record than Hartley ffs and 13 of his games have been in the third tier!
Scunnered.
They would have sacked him but 7 of the committee weren't available as they left early and they need a majority of 3 to spend to make any major decisions on Saturdays.They will hold an emergency meeting if we get pumped by the Rose. Only thing is they can't have it after the game as there is not enough space for them all .The matchday sub committee could propose a motion if we lose by more than 3 but this requires to be passed by 2/5ths of the MSG. Of course Sandy will take 5%of any settlement McKinnon gets if it's sanctioned within 100yards of the south stand .

Sent from my STK Hero Lite using Pie and Bovril mobile app

12 hours ago, Stainrod said:
19 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:
A bit unfair, tho a distinct sense of entitlement comes over, as most teams which come down from the Championship have, as we did.

You are a throwback club. Dwindling support consisting of old men and a few youths with nothing better to do .Your club died when the pits closed and your crumbling stadium is in a forgotten land with no hope of recovery. We are better placed yet we will be heading down the same road if we don't get new blood in in and off the park. Appointing agent Hughes finished you off I'm afraid.

Cracking post there ! Unfortunately your I’ll informed and arrogant if you believe what you just posted hopefully your fellow Bairn supporters don’t share your view. Your clubs a shambles a failed takeover bid and your talking about spending more money in the transfer window how much more money are you going to throw at McKinnon a manager which the fans hate haven’t you learnt from the last time your club almost went down the drain? Sadly the only team on decline at the moment is Falkirk it’s just a pity that your BOD can’t see it nor arrogant fans like yourself

Edited by basher brash

21 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Cracking post there ! Unfortunately your I’ll informed and arrogant if you believe what you just posted hopefully your fellow Bairn supporters don’t share your view. Your clubs a shambles a failed takeover bid and your talking about spending more money in the transfer window how much more money are you going to throw at McKinnon a manager which the fans hate haven’t you learnt from the last time your club almost went down the drain? Sadly the only team on decline at the moment is Falkirk it’s just a pity that your BOD can’t see it nor arrogant fans like yourself

Once again I cry to the heavens and ask if this illiteracy is a seaside thing?

7 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'm genuinely bewildered that my football club are still employing this clown?! I thought Saturday might have finally been it. He has a worse record than Hartley ffs and 13 of his games have been in the third tier!

Scunnered.

We're not in a financial position to sack him, and he's too proud to walk.

We're not in a financial position to sack him, and he's too proud to walk.

I get that we aren’t in the financial position to sack him, yet I do wonder what would be more financially detrimental; sacking ray and paying him for the rest of the season whilst appointing someone else, or sticking by Ray and potentially remaining in the league for another season.

If we don’t get automatic promotion then I don’t hold high hopes for the play offs. Looking at the teams in the bottom half of the championship I’d fancy any one of them to take a result off us at the minute.

You've absolutely spun the same shit about a hundred times.

Yet here you are, fucking up again and reading it. Impressed that you can count up to about a hundred. Clearly, some things have stuck.

.......and breathe. Or punctuate. Take your pick.

So that everything ok now ?:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-management-and-players-say-they-ve-got-to-be-better-after-bairns-clear-the-air-meeting-1-5044680

Falkirk management and players say they’ve got to be better after Bairns clear the air meeting

Just need the MSG to have a clear the air meeting and we might be able to move on.

So that everything ok now ?:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-management-and-players-say-they-ve-got-to-be-better-after-bairns-clear-the-air-meeting-1-5044680

Falkirk management and players say they’ve got to be better after Bairns clear the air meeting

Just need the MSG to have a clear the air meeting and we might be able to move on.
Trying everything now, but getting more and more pathetic.