The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

All i hear from falkirk fans is that you should walk this league. Ever thought maybe your squad isn’t actually that good?

A bit unfair, tho a distinct sense of entitlement comes over, as most teams which come down from the Championship have, as we did.

Edited by Raith_Raver

49 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Pretty sure McKinnon has been waiting since 4.50pm on Saturday for the axe to fall.
Since it hasn’t, then he is probably feeling vindicated by the people that matter (Lex), and so it’s happy days, and on to Dumbarton to serve up more of the same guff that has been served up for the last couple of months.
He will continue to do exactly the same as always....set himself very low targets, and rarely (if ever) achieve them.

I know the whole governance of the club is shambolic, but I really didn’t expect them to employ a manager capable of compounding the misery, but they have done it in spectacular fashion.

I can’t even watch McKinnon’s interviews now because I know I would be watching a man faking every emotion, every concern for what is going on.

There is no way he has set himself low targets, they only appear when it's going tits up, there lies the problem.

The shambles we have as a board tho has fuked us up, even sacking the man they moved mountains and sea to get won't change that

A bit unfair, tho a distinct sense of entitlement comes over, as most teams which come down from the Championship have, as we did.
You are a throwback club. Dwindling support consisting of old men and a few youths with nothing better to do .Your club died when the pits closed and your crumbling stadium is in a forgotten land with no hope of recovery. We are better placed yet we will be heading down the same road if we don't get new blood in in and off the park. Appointing agent Hughes finished you off I'm afraid.

You are a throwback club. Dwindling support consisting of old men and a few youths with nothing better to do .Your club died when the pits closed and your crumbling stadium is in a forgotten land with no hope of recovery. We are better placed yet we will be heading down the same road if we don't get new blood in in and off the park. Appointing agent Hughes finished you off I'm afraid.
Good yin. Sit doon.

CAFA88CE-00E6-497A-BE79-584393CF8B01-27333-000016512D36090D.jpg

Raging

Is there any actual day to day governance at the club now?

I mean that genuinely. We have a board that's given up, doesn't care about the fans and doesn't care about this season. 

We have a manager that can't believe he hasn't been sacked and is waiting for that inevitability. 

A disgruntled fanbase who I have to say shot ourselves in the foot by stupidly buying season tickets ( can't believe people did that still) and now are having to accept being fucked over having ponied up a year's cash anyway. 

Absolutely fucking grim. No end in sight either 

I mean that genuinely. We have a board that's given up, doesn't care about the fans and doesn't care about this season. 
We have a manager that can't believe he hasn't been sacked and is waiting for that inevitability. 
A disgruntled fanbase who I have to say shot ourselves in the foot by stupidly buying season tickets ( can't believe people did that still) and now are having to accept being fucked over having ponied up a year's cash anyway. 
Nothing new I'm afraid The board gave up 5 years ago

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:
47 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

But for some reason they want "investment" but without any change at the top then we are going nowhere we might as well resign ourselves to writing off this season as well.

32 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

But for some reason they want "investment" but without any change at the top then we are going nowhere we might as well resign ourselves to writing off this season as well.

Investment = money to pay off McKinnon and bring players in on January

Just now, MrDust said:

Investment = money to pay off McKinnon and bring players in on January

Forgot to mention other peoples money as they have squandered most of theirs/clubs with the shouts for decisions.  How they cant see how much damage they are doing to the club is beyond me.  If we have another season in this league with the same show RM has put on so far then numbers will drop hitting the club as lets face it they wont put any more of their cash in.

41 minutes ago, Stainrod said:
1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

After the cup final it was obvious there was major team rebuilding required. Duffie and Grant crocked. McCracken at the end of his career. Loy, Alston, Vaulks and Sibbald were all moving on.

Houston got a fraction of the funds that Hartley and McKinnon have wasted and got dumped when the inevitable slump happened.

Housty took us to a cup final and play offs with good football and my goodness were they competitive trying till the last minute and winning.

Hindsight is a great thing, but the board should have backed him.

They didn't and we are where we are because of it.

I never renewed our three season tickets this year but I have been to three home games and they have been grim, soulless experiences.

The passion and even basic enthusiasm has been drained from our support and surely attendances will drop off sharply if positive change doesn't happen soon.

The comparisons with Airdrie on Saturday could not have been more stark, they had a team of limited ability fighting and scrapping for everything well supported by a noisy, boisterous crowd who were right into the match and who were enjoying themselves.

Never thought that I would ever be jealous of an Airdrie supporter.

edit to add that I watched a wee clip from the Sammy McGivern hat trick game at Broomfield in 1990 on Facebook last night, a different world.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I never renewed our three season tickets this year but I have been to three home games and they have been grim, soulless experiences.

The passion and even basic enthusiasm has been drained from our support and surely attendances will drop off sharply if positive change doesn't happen soon.

The comparisons with Airdrie on Saturday could not have been more stark, they had a team of limited ability fighting and scrapping for everything well supported by a noisy, boisterous crowd who were right into the match and who were enjoying themselves.

Never thought that I would ever be jealous of an Airdrie supporter.

edit to add that I watched a wee clip from the Sammy McGivern hat trick game at Broomfield in 1990 on Facebook last night, a different world.

The barn of a stadium does not help. Brockville atmosphere it ain't. Even Super Sam would have struggled to score playing with this lot.