The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Doyle Buchanan dixon robson

This is the line up I would have wanted at this level. Durnan reminds me of a big lump that I used to play against from california (Falkirk) he was a donkey as well. 

😂😂😂 Outstanding.... I never played for Cali but all of my mates did and I am almost prepared to bet I know exactly who you are talking about (I more heard him compared to a carthorse though, or Shrek)

23 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

You implied it by using words like 'competitive' and 'evenly matched'. Surly now you would retract from the main point as we were honking as was the game?

Competitive & evenly matched don't equal entertaining, it can be a dull 0-0 draw and still be both those words I used.

A 2-1 score line suggests it was a tight match , indeed Airdrie scored right at the death to win it - when we were on top  & might have edged it - IMHO.

Not to lose the context of the original post , I still prefer this fixture, with all it's historical rivalry, to the upcoming cakewalk in Linlithgow. Again this my opinion which as far as I know I'm allowed.

And don't call me Surly.

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

McIntyre has knocked us back twice so get him right to f**k.

I can only see them emptying RM if hospitality sales start to go down (I believe one of the factors in getting rid of Hartley along with the utter dross he served up on the pitch) I would loved to be proven wrong though as that on Sat was utter dross, no urgency, no fight,  nothing!!

I was told we messed McIntyre about a bit with the length of his contract, might be bollocks though. 

Hartley was sacked 3 games into the season. I can't see poor hospitality sales having anything to do with his sacking. 

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

I was told we messed McIntyre about a bit with the length of his contract, might be bollocks though. 

Hartley was sacked 3 games into the season. I can't see poor hospitality sales having anything to do with his sacking. 

They’ve messed everyone else around why would messing a potential manager be any different.

Still would chance it going for Joe McLaughlin as manager.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hopefully today. 

Think it's about time we started talking seriously about a replacement. 

I'm going to be realistic about who we could attract just now and managers out of a job so I'll kick it off with 3 names. 

Alan Archibald

Jim McIntyre

Stuart McCall ( bit more unrealistic )

A half decent manager might see us as a good opportunity despite the ownership fiasco. I still think a manager that knows what he is doing would ultimately win the league comfortably and there would be some room for a few transfers in January as well. 

Gordon Herd of Camelon.

He'll certainly take control of our leaks, and might fire up the strikers!

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Competitive & evenly matched don't equal entertaining, it can be a dull 0-0 draw and still be both those words I used.

A 2-1 score line suggests it was a tight match , indeed Airdrie scored right at the death to win it - when we were on top  & might have edged it - IMHO.

Not to lose the context of the original post , I still prefer this fixture, with all it's historical rivalry, to the upcoming cakewalk in Linlithgow. Again this my opinion which as far as I know I'm allowed.

And don't call me Surly.

Competitive would suggest entertaining IMO. 

I never said you aren't entitled to your opinion fair enough if you don't want to go to the Lithgow Rose game just don't sh1t on those that do. 

Anyway let's move on. 

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Loss of mainstream revenue due to a poor team assembled by a terrible manager and you don't think it would contribute to his sacking? ok then.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Loss of mainstream revenue due to a poor team assembled by a terrible manager and you don't think it would contribute to his sacking? ok then.

Calm down mate!

I meant I can't see the hospitality places falling that much after just 3 games (technically only league 2 games).

Edited by Ecosse83

6 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hopefully today. 

Think it's about time we started talking seriously about a replacement. 

I'm going to be realistic about who we could attract just now and managers out of a job so I'll kick it off with 3 names. 

Alan Archibald

Jim McIntyre

Stuart McCall ( bit more unrealistic )

A half decent manager might see us as a good opportunity despite the ownership fiasco. I still think a manager that knows what he is doing would ultimately win the league comfortably and there would be some room for a few transfers in January as well. 

Decent names and would take any of them. There could be the other possibility of a player manager. Somebody playing at a high level that could cruise our league. Knows he would be going at the end of the season and looking for a first step on the managerial ladder. 

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Decent names and would take any of them. There could be the other possibility of a player manager. Somebody playing at a high level that could cruise our league. Knows he would be going at the end of the season and looking for a first step on the managerial ladder. 

FFS

Reality Check- what are you a sleeping Giant :lol:

The 26th Best team in Scotland- Behave

Can't see him gone this week, a shock of sorts against Lithgae might do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lithgae put us out, we have zero leaders, zero fight and a clueless manager.

I know nowt about Lithgae but they will have leaders and fight about them.

I hope I am wrong and he is emptied quicker

For all Durnan is a liability, Buchanan is just as bad. Buchanan isn’t even that dominant in the air, his distribution is honking and he falls about like Bambi on ice. Never seen a centre half throw himself on the deck as much as he does.
Yet for all durnan is shite, he’s probably firing balls forward at the instruction of that twat McKinnon.