The Falkirk FC Thread

Still reckon the core 15 of so players are easily good enough to win the league if used properly.

With McKinnon in charge, absolutely no chance. He strikes me as a bit of a grudge holder. I reckon he would actually sacrifice anyone to show he’s the boss regardless of the impact on the team.

Just let him stay away from TFS. Give him 6 months gardening leave. I reckon having him away from the players will prove far less damaging than having him in the building.

Still reckon the core 15 of so players are easily good enough to win the league if used properly.

With McKinnon in charge, absolutely no chance. He strikes me as a bit of a grudge holder. I reckon he would actually sacrifice anyone to show he’s the boss regardless of the impact on the team.

Just let him stay away from TFS. Give him 6 months gardening leave. I reckon having him away from the players will prove far less damaging than having him in the building.

No real doubt In my mind that the manager is the real problem.
He signed what we all thought was a strong enough squad to get us out of this league but he seems blind to the issues affecting the team ie expecting players to do jobs they are not suited to (Tidser as defensive mid, Sammon as target man and Dixon as overlapping full back), persisting with a shaky central defensive pairing, lack of fight, no leadership and inability to make changes during matches to influence the performance.
Obviously any new manager would want to bring in a few new faces but I do think what we already have should be performing far better than they currently are.

OK, so consensus that McKinnon’s tactics and motivation are crippling the team play, so...

-Watching the hoofball is crazy when the few times a player drives to the end line and crosses, you have some genuine threats.

-The current defensive scheme is not working.

-The players are more than capable of tying nice passes together, but always seem to try to bull through the middle.

-Your keepers have certainly significantly improved your point total in light of McKinnon’s imbecility.

The question then is what what scheme suits your current player roster? I can see the lack of defensive choices and the weakness on the left side.

Folk claiming that players like Michael Tidser, Connor Sammon and Declan McManus cannot star in an 11 to comfortably win Scottish League One are kidding themselves on.

Tidser has been a massive let-down but I'm not fully inclined to write him off yet. He has yet to get a proper run in the team (one week in, two out etc) and I don't think McKinnon is playing him in a role that will get the best out of him. Could be said about most of the players in this squad to be fair.

Blame lies firmly at McKinnon's door. Get him binned.

I do love my stats:

League One Champions 2018/2019 Arbroath had 33 points after 13 games
Ayr had 29 points after 13 games in 2017/2018
Livingston, 27 in 2016/2017

......and the most important stat of all. None of them had the drag anchor that is Ray McKinnon on their books. He has been either not long enough in post to fail, or has been an abject failure in every managerial role in his career.
A bit of homework and a few phone calls would have marked him out as a iffy prospect at best. To actually end up paying compensation to acquire a manager already on the way down was inept in the extreme.

How many of our squad would cut it in the Championship? The way they are playing now I would say none of them. I am desperately disappointed in Tidser, I was convinced he would be a stand out in this league. There was even rumours that he wouldnt come to us if we got relegated, but here he is and looking out of his depth. 

There is still going to be a hoor of a circus at Falkirk for the next few years. If this lot fall over the winning line we are going to need maybe a dozen or more new players to be able to compete in the Championship, which will require a massive cash injection, and definitely a new manager, if we are to have any hope of competing in the Championship. 

This season it is clear that the status quo is not an option, it is the very definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome, and Ray just strolls along doing the same shit all the time.

I still think we will win this league despite Ray doing his best to handicap us.

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It has taken me over a year but it has finally dawned on me why Morten fans call McKinnon "The Snake".

snake-and-ladder-game-500x500.jpg

Whoa …..I thought for a moment those shadowy & dangerous Falkirk Ultra Ultras "Il Laddros" had returned from 2009!!!

Their Snakes & Ladders flag was synonymous with full on FFC extremism back then. 

Maybe tough times require tough measures?   

Guest Ecosse83
26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He gone yet?

Hopefully today. 

Think it's about time we started talking seriously about a replacement. 

I'm going to be realistic about who we could attract just now and managers out of a job so I'll kick it off with 3 names. 

Alan Archibald

Jim McIntyre

Stuart McCall ( bit more unrealistic )

A half decent manager might see us as a good opportunity despite the ownership fiasco. I still think a manager that knows what he is doing would ultimately win the league comfortably and there would be some room for a few transfers in January as well. 

Edited by Ecosse83

23 minutes ago, Stainrod said:
1 hour ago, BudBairn said:
Dixon and Toshney would probably be a cracking CB pairing!

Dixon is our worst player our second worst player is keeping toshney out of the team ,Are you taking the piss

Dixon at centre back instead of durnan would be a huge improvement. That's dixons best position. Not some young marauding wingback McKinnon has him trying to play because he is hopeless at that 

Dixon at centre back instead of durnan would be a huge improvement. That's dixons best position. Not some young marauding wingback McKinnon has him trying to play because he is hopeless at that 
Exactly. He started off at CB for us and done well. Just because he is shite at LB doesn't mean he wouldnt do ok with less attacking responsibility. That said, I would probably want Buchanan next to him for the aerial presence.

Durnan for Toshney is a fucking joke though. Toshney was strolling it and Durnan is a fucking calamity every week.

He will be first to have a raging fall out with the fans. He was close at Forfar when he was biting back at some auld boy, and he was giving it some at Raith too wasnt he? He wont last in the side once Ray goes and he might even be forced out before then. A fanny of a man.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:
2 hours ago, BudBairn said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Exactly. He started off at CB for us and done well. Just because he is shite at LB doesn't mean he wouldnt do ok with less attacking responsibility. That said, I would probably want Buchanan next to him for the aerial presence.

Durnan for Toshney is a fucking joke though. Toshney was strolling it and Durnan is a fucking calamity every week.

He will be first to have a raging fall out with the fans. He was close at Forfar when he was biting back at some auld boy, and he was giving it some at Raith too wasnt he? He wont last in the side once Ray goes and he might even be forced out before then. A fanny of a man.

Doyle Buchanan dixon robson

This is the line up I would have wanted at this level. Durnan reminds me of a big lump that I used to play against from california (Falkirk) he was a donkey as well. 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hopefully today. 

Think it's about time we started talking seriously about a replacement. 

I'm going to be realistic about who we could attract just now and managers out of a job so I'll kick it off with 3 names. 

Alan Archibald

Jim McIntyre

Stuart McCall ( bit more unrealistic )

A half decent manager might see us as a good opportunity despite the ownership fiasco. I still think a manager that knows what he is doing would ultimately win the league comfortably and there would be some room for a few transfers in January as well. 

McIntyre has knocked us back twice so get him right to f**k.

I can only see them emptying RM if hospitality sales start to go down (I believe one of the factors in getting rid of Hartley along with the utter dross he served up on the pitch) I would loved to be proven wrong though as that on Sat was utter dross, no urgency, no fight,  nothing!!