The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have people’s cash.

If fans wanted change then it was utterly stupid buying a ST.

If they bought one you are getting what you backed

Half jokingly said earlier in the season when fans were speaking of protesting by staying away was for them to go along to a few Shire games instead, that would have been a embarrassment to those in charge of Falkirk say even a couple thousand turning up in their ground to support a local rival. Would certainly be a boost for the Shire as well  

52 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't want to be that guy but give me Muirhead shelling aimlessly while being solid and a leader every day of the week. 

Haud oan. Are you saying that you'd prefer Muirhead to Doyle at RB? If you are, you're mental!

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Doyle can run all he wants but he is crap. Jumps like he has cement in his shoes.

He’s effectively the Scottish, right-sided, Tommy Robson.

Effort is there but lacking quality. 

He’s still a massive improvement on our last several efforts at RB I suppose.

He’s effectively the Scottish, right-sided, Tommy Robson.
Effort is there but lacking quality. 
He’s still a massive improvement on our last several efforts at RB I suppose.

Really shocked we didn’t hear a shout of “cmon boys we’ve not started yet...” right in front of the south stand. Plays to his audience cause he’s so bang average.

If we didn’t admit it before, we know it now, McKinnon and this / his squad, will never win this league.
We are a team of has beens and journeymen, who are only there to pick up a last full time football wage, some of them for two years.
With the exception of Mutch, there is no youth or prospects for the future. The board are 100% to blame for this.
Unlike most other teams at this level, we have no desire to play for one another, and we have no players who are basically for this level, grafters, guys who will get in the oppositions face and run all day. You need “horses for courses”
Individually we have one horrendously bad player, that is Durnan, he must be dropped and Toshney, who had done little wrong brought back into the team.
I wonder what we actually practice in training, our movement at and time to take throw ins is terrible.  
The “fringe” players  are never getting an opportunity to show if they have anything, so it has to be taken they are no good either.
Three points from twelve against the three teams above us, tells us everything.
We are here for a long time.

Couldn't agree more sitting in the south stand yesterday I found myself glancing at the stars images on the side panels and remembered how the football used to grip me and could make or break my weekend.Now I find myself like most of the players on show ie not giving a shit. I won't be back until we have some Falkirk players I can identify with and who excite me .It's a sad state of affairs delivered 100% by those in charge who in my opinion are at least as much to blame as the clowns both on and off the park they have chosen as leaders.Privatly they now admit that they knew MC was a clown after 2 days but wanted to buy some time to see if the desire for change would disapate if we were successful on the park .
Yesterday they got their answer.

Well what a fucking shambles we are, completely rudderless from top to bottom. 
McKinnon clearly thinks the fans are thick if he thinks we will believe his interviews. Unfortunately he will stay in a job whilst we are in contention for the title. 
In a way I wish Margaret Lang was still the chairwoman she would have at least punted McKinnon by now!

She was a puppet, the only thing she was allowed to decide was one scone or two with tea in the committe room.Not her fault though she was suckered in like many others.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They have people’s cash.

If fans wanted change then it was utterly stupid buying a ST.

If they bought one you are getting what you backed

I've been saying for a few years now that there are a large percentage of our fans who simply don't care. They don't care about the results. They don't care what league we're in. They don't care how we're playing or who the manager is. For them 'supporting' Falkirk as a FC is just a vehicle for getting an afternoon out the house once a fortnight.

Edited by Gaz

Found this article says they have moved on from MC and a few parties have shown interest (they did the last time but they went for the worst possible option).  Hopefully this time they get it right but it doesnt say if they are willing to bugger off or not:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-move-on-from-collapsed-takeover-bid-1-5040843

Non-executive director Gary Deans told the Falkirk Herald since last week various parties have made approaches to the club, but stressed it was very early days and as yet no discussions had taken place.

He said: “We’re willing to speak with others to unlock the potential of this club on and off the field. Where the club is at the moment is not right and is not acceptable.

“We need to get the club back into the Championship and build a club which is sustainable in the Premiership. We’ve got to get the investment right, and structure and performance on the park right. The club recognises the need for investment and is open to discussions.

Well, just when it looks like the hole can’t get any deeper, McKinnon manages to find a bigger spade.
All he can do is try to persuade the MSG that he knows what he is doing. The likes of Lex will of course, believe every word.

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hopefully this time they get it right but it doesnt say if they are willing to bugger off or not:

I don't think the use of the word "investment" is any accident unfortunately and probably answers your question.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Noticed quite a few spaces around me in the South Stand yesterday and a few familiar faces missing.

This is a serious concern & one we should all be aware of.

It's been 8 full days since Mark Campbell stopped tweeting to his congregation (weirdly it coincides with the time he got custard pied by the MSG).

There will be Falkirk fans out there with serious withdrawal symptoms , left with no one to call "Boss" , no one to send pics of their son's new hairdo with the steeple, no one to discuss the 4th stand with , no one to say hey Mark you dress like a tramp but hope to see you in the Howgate soon.

These people are lost and not even the banal happy clapping wasteland of the COYB Facebook page can quench their desire for MC love.

If you know one of these people, have noticed they ain't in their normal seat at TFS or there are one too many milk bottles on their front doorstep - please reach out & let them know it's okay to be a bunch of stupid gullible f*ckwits as the MSG & Falkirk BOD were too.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Stainrod said:
2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:
Well what a fucking shambles we are, completely rudderless from top to bottom. 
McKinnon clearly thinks the fans are thick if he thinks we will believe his interviews. Unfortunately he will stay in a job whilst we are in contention for the title. 
In a way I wish Margaret Lang was still the chairwoman she would have at least punted McKinnon by now!

She was a puppet, the only thing she was allowed to decide was one scone or two with tea in the committe room.Not her fault though she was suckered in like many others.

I agree to a certain extent but I think it would have been her choice and the other fell Campbell's choice to punt Houston and Hartley when they did. 

I just can't see the current mob agreeing between themselves to sack a manager.