The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m not missing the point I’m stating the point exactly how it is. Folk getting excited about playing a Sunday league team in a shitehole ground because they can get the train there and there’s a load of average pubs round about it. Brilliant.

The fact that this will probably be the highlight of the season for a lot of people shows exactly where we are. 

Sit doon ya fucking goat. 

Happy that a small club can benefit and try to impress on a big occasion for them. Trying to compliment the scenario without sounding patronising is hard because the majority really do see this fixture for what it is for both sets of fans, a genuine Scottish cup tie. 

Don’t know about shitehole ground but you’re certainly talking shite.
Linlithgow ain’t a Sunday league team and Falkirk ain’t Barcelona either.
We can definitely lose this game. Can’t believe after our club has been mismanaged from one disaster to another some of our fans are arrogant enough to expect us to walk it against lower tier opposition. That’s OF fan behaviour.
Oh, and as an ex resident of 10 years the pubs are distinctly better than average....

It is not OF behaviour though it is merely pointing out the huge gulf in quality that there is. As long as our attitude is right we will win and win comfortably

It is not OF behaviour though it is merely pointing out the huge gulf in quality that there is. As long as our attitude is right we will win and win comfortably

It wasn’t pointing out, it was lauding over inferior opposition.
If there’s one set of supporters that should be showing a bit more humility over recent performances it’s ourselves.
We’ve produced enough dross of recent times to fail to deliver yet again...

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t know about shitehole ground but you’re certainly talking shite.
Linlithgow ain’t a Sunday league team and Falkirk ain’t Barcelona either.
We can definitely lose this game. Can’t believe after our club has been mismanaged from one disaster to another some of our fans are arrogant enough to expect us to walk it against lower tier opposition. That’s OF fan behaviour.
Oh, and as an ex resident of 10 years the pubs are distinctly better than average....

OF fan behaviour 🙈

Linlithgow are awful and I’ve no idea why you are bringing Barcelona into it. 

You being an “ex resident” is probably why you are a bit blinkered. Linlithgow is shit, the ground is shit and the pubs are shit 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Sit doon ya fucking goat. 

Happy that a small club can benefit and try to impress on a big occasion for them. Trying to compliment the scenario without sounding patronising is hard because the majority really do see this fixture for what it is for both sets of fans, a genuine Scottish cup tie. 

Sit doon??? What difference would that make?

If this is all about a small club benefiting from a big occasion then 3 cheers for Linlithgow Rose.

I’m merely stating that the fact that a 2nd round cup tie against nothing opposition in a ground that can only get 600 of us in will be many people’s highlight of the season shows we are at rock bottom 🤷🏼‍♂️. People wetting their knickers over the fact I called the ground a shitehole are totally missing the point. 

OF fan behaviour [emoji85]. 
Linlithgow are awful and I’ve no idea why you are bringing Barcelona into it. 
You being an “ex resident” is probably why you are a bit blinkered. Linlithgow is shit, the ground is shit and the pubs are shit [emoji1303]

Nothing blinkered about this post, eh? [emoji16]

What do people get out of stating we’ll pump Linlithgow? Like it’s not really an out there opinion. It only leaves yourself looking absolutely stupid and sets you up to take pelters if they end up beating us.

Although I have not sorted out a ticket yet, I should be there [emoji102]

32 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

What do people get out of stating we’ll pump Linlithgow? Like it’s not really an out there opinion. It only leaves yourself looking absolutely stupid and sets you up to take pelters if they end up beating us.

Although I have not sorted out a ticket yet, I should be there emoji102.png

If we don’t beat Linlithgow Rose every Falkirk fan on the planet will take pelters  regardless of what they thought the outcome might be. 

As for “looking stupid” I think Ray and the players will have that covered if they can’t beat a second rate junior side. 

If we don’t beat Linlithgow Rose every Falkirk fan on the planet will take pelters  regardless of what they thought the outcome might be. 
As for “looking stupid” I think Ray and the players will have that covered if they can’t beat a second rate junior side. 

Okay hot stuff keep going with it x

Linlithgow are not a junior side.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
57 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Linlithgow are not a junior side.

No bother Fuzzy, you got me on a technicality. Linlithgow are in fact a second rate East of Scotland team which, for those that don’t know, is a league made up of 16 junior teams playing under a different banner. 

Anyway now that we’ve clarified that they are an East of Scotland team and not a junior team does anyone feel any different? Nope, thought not 👍🏻