The Falkirk FC Thread

We’ve played some minging teams this year but Linlithgow will be the worst by a country mile. 
Local derby, under the floodlights, small ground, fans close to the pitch bla bla bla. Its all very romantic but this will be an absolute mismatch 
I only need to see about 2 more of these to fire a fiver on Lithgy tbh.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:
We’ve played some minging teams this year but Linlithgow will be the worst by a country mile. 
Local derby, under the floodlights, small ground, fans close to the pitch bla bla bla. Its all very romantic but this will be an absolute mismatch 

I only need to see about 2 more of these to fire a fiver on Lithgy tbh.

Name yer price mate, I’ll take yer fiver

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

You miss the point.  Enjoy the occasion for what it is, a trip to ground we don't play at, and yes we should win but we could lose. It's a cup tie, bring it on.

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You miss the point.  Enjoy the occasion for what it is, a trip to ground we don't play at, and yes we should win but we could lose. It's a cup tie, bring it on.

I’m not missing the point I’m stating the point exactly how it is. Folk getting excited about playing a Sunday league team in a shitehole ground because they can get the train there and there’s a load of average pubs round about it. Brilliant.

The fact that this will probably be the highlight of the season for a lot of people shows exactly where we are. 

Your hubris would suggest otherwise, 999 times out of 1000 full time Falkirk will defeat a sixth tier team, nobody is denying that,  but to call the ground a shitehole is nothing  short of a disgrace.  This is a small part time club that have volunteers that have worked their arses off to provide excellent facilities for the level they play at.  The ground is renowned for being one of the best in non league football, all paid for by hard graft and fund raising yet you have the temerity to call it a shitehole.  Pathetic comment to be honest. 

Touchy.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Your hubris would suggest otherwise, 999 times out of 1000 full time Falkirk will defeat a sixth tier team, nobody is denying that,  but to call the ground a shitehole is nothing  short of a disgrace.  This is a small part time club that have volunteers that have worked their arses off to provide excellent facilities for the level they play at.  The ground is renowned for being one of the best in non league football, all paid for by hard graft and fund raising yet you have the temerity to call it a shitehole.  Pathetic comment to be honest. 

I never once questioned the “hardworking volunteers“ so put the violin away. Never knew they built the place. 
If only I had known it was voted “one of the best in non league football” I would never have slagged it off. Can’t wait to visit now. 
Are you ok that I described the pubs as average or should I be apologising to the hardworking bar staff?

Hubris...IMG_5130.jpg

54 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I never once questioned the “hardworking volunteers“ so put the violin away. Never knew they built the place. 
If only I had known it was voted “one of the best in non league football” I would never have slagged it off. Can’t wait to visit now. 
Are you ok that I described the pubs as average or should I be apologising to the hardworking bar staff?

You would think Linlithgow was Vegas the way some fans are slavering at the mouth at the prospect of having some beers at pubs they could go to any weekend, but choose not to.

29 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I was really just pointing out that it is a non sequitur that hard working volunteers = non shitehole of a football ground. 

In the same way that “Full-time squad” = “Good team”? Or Ray McKinnion = Coach?

I’m not missing the point I’m stating the point exactly how it is. Folk getting excited about playing a Sunday league team in a shitehole ground because they can get the train there and there’s a load of average pubs round about it. Brilliant.
The fact that this will probably be the highlight of the season for a lot of people shows exactly where we are. 

Don’t know about shitehole ground but you’re certainly talking shite.
Linlithgow ain’t a Sunday league team and Falkirk ain’t Barcelona either.
We can definitely lose this game. Can’t believe after our club has been mismanaged from one disaster to another some of our fans are arrogant enough to expect us to walk it against lower tier opposition. That’s OF fan behaviour.
Oh, and as an ex resident of 10 years the pubs are distinctly better than average....

9 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Hear hear. I'd probably rather watch games in Prestonfield every week than The Falkirk Stadium.