The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Piss up in a small nearby town with good pubs on a Friday night and a ground not many have visited in a while/ever? Yeah mate sounds terrible. Have a word 

You've never mentioned football once in that statement.

Are you in the Tartan Army?

Do you honestly think the Airdrie game will be any better? 
Arguably better quality in show but the margins are pretty slim at this level.ie most players are pretty poor .im guessing it will not be pretty but it might be entertaining.A great opportunity for McKinnon to field all his squad players on the basis that if they can't beat junior opposition he should never have signed them ! But he'll bottle it and play his usual squad in fear of failure !

Airdrie game or linlithgow? Airdrie who we'll play 4 times this season, will have a tiny away support and there'll be the usual Falkirk stadium atmosphere or the first ever competitive game v linlithgow (I think, might not be but can't be bothered checking) a proper local derby, a game that would be exciting no matter what league we were in as it's a completely new experience. Total sellout and a ground that'll be bouncing, could quite possibly the best atmosphere at any game we play this season, that's exactly what football should be about, to many folk on here just wanting a moan no matter what! 

12 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Must admit Jason Lee, Gareth Hutchison & Mark McGraw surprised me .

And Colin Spence with 5 goals must be our lowest highest goal scorer ever.

Very interesting.   

Colin Spence ! Guy worked hard and put himself about but very little else. One goal sticks in my mind. Midweek game at Dunfermline. Dreich and miserable but that's Fife for you. But taken to new levels at East End Park with the mediocracy on offer from both sides. Bored stiff all game Nil - Nil 3 minutes into injury time and Colin Spence scored then full time seconds after their kick off.  Their manager was going mental threw his hat to the ground and jumping about as if he was having a fit. Que mass exodus of Pars fans. The Falkirk fans as you can image were going wild and the piss takes were glorious ( no segregation at that time ) Stopped at a pub on the way home who's name leaves me. Belhaven pub across the Forth Bridge turn right 2 miles along on the left hand side. Packed to the doors with bairns fans for a frantic lager frenzy to beat the 10pm closing time.

Funny how a name from near 40 year ago can bring back memories like that.

Airdrie game or linlithgow? Airdrie who we'll play 4 times this season, will have a tiny away support and there'll be the usual Falkirk stadium atmosphere or the first ever competitive game v linlithgow (I think, might not be but can't be bothered checking) a proper local derby, a game that would be exciting no matter what league we were in as it's a completely new experience. Total sellout and a ground that'll be bouncing, could quite possibly the best atmosphere at any game we play this season, that's exactly what football should be about, to many folk on here just wanting a moan no matter what! 

Exciting?

We will roll them over by 4 or 5 if our head is on. Huge gulf

3 minutes ago, some_guy said:

You forgetting who our manager is? 

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Exciting?

On paper Yes ! They will make it hard and have seen some great games at Prestonfield over the years. Fans close to the pitch and they have a reputation for having a good playing surface.

It's the cup - enjoy the occasion.

Get Big Perdo Godfrey who played for both clubs to do the half time draw.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Exciting?

58 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I seriously think we will trouser these if the attitude is right and we get an early goal

Serious question, how confident are you that it will be? Because I do not think it has been all season and definitely wasnt last Saturday. 

The potential for humiliation is pretty big here IMO

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

It could work both ways. If we lose it'll be an embarrassment that only fans of an utterly diddy team - like Morton who lost to Spartans - can understand and have to endure.

On the other hand, Camelon took five off them. I have no idea of how good / bad Linlthgow are but the last time I watched a Falkirk (reserve) side in Linlithgow it was 6-1. When we sent our youths to Dunipace last year it was thirteen.

That's part of the reason this tie is so interesting. We have absolutely no idea what to expect.

I still have nightmares of last seasons cup game and how badly it can go if we underestimate them.

I have no faith in Ray now whatsoever to motivate that group of players.

Anyhoo, I'll be watching it in the pub as I was and still am one of the fans that never renewed their season ticket.

It could work both ways. If we lose it'll be an embarrassment that only fans of an utterly diddy team - like Morton who lost to Spartans - can understand and have to endure.
On the other hand, Camelon took five off them. I have no idea of how good / bad Linlthgow are but the last time I watched a Falkirk (reserve) side in Linlithgow it was 6-1. When we sent our youths to Dunipace last year it was thirteen.
That's part of the reason this tie is so interesting. We have absolutely no idea what to expect.

Linlithgow are not as strong as they have been, I would look for a comfortable 3 or 4 nil.
Just a note on the silly score at Dunipace last year, the Pace did not take the game seriously (quite disrespectful imo) and fielded a team including long retired players, coaches and probably the wee woman from the pie hut and deservedly got pumped.

Serious question, how confident are you that it will be? Because I do not think it has been all season and definitely wasnt last Saturday. 

100%’ confident