The Falkirk FC Thread

Said f**k all about being a massive team with a massive support.

I felt we could sell more tickets than the 600 allocated and doubt they would sell their 1100.

Is what it is I suppose.

We obviously could sell a lot more than 600 but this is a huge game for the Rose and they still have a strong following in the town.
I would expect them to sell out their tickets

You got a relation on their board?

Feel it’s a bit pish considering we would likely bring another few hundred with us.

Odd question but no.

Rangers and Celtic would love to bring more to all their domestic away games, especially when there is empty seats in the home end, doesn’t mean the home team should give them up.

If money/attendances were their biggest concern they’d have moved the game. However they quite rightly are doing everything they can to get an advantage on the night.

It’ll leave me without a ticket I suspect as I’m not a season ticket holder, just fortunate the game is on tv.

38 minutes ago, Trump said:

If money/attendances were their biggest concern they’d have moved the game. However they quite rightly are doing everything they can to get an advantage on the night.

I agree with your general point however, just to point out that you’re not allowed to just move a game in the Scottish Cup.  It’s only if a club’s home ground is deemed unsuitable by the SFA, police, clubs that a change is permitted.

Anyway, I doubt Linlithgow would have gone down that route regardless.

Edited by Hughsie

I agree with your general point however, just to point out that you’re not allowed to just move a game in the Scottish Cup.  It’s only if a club’s home ground is deemed unsuitable by the SFA, police, clubs that a change is permitted.
Anyway, I doubt Linlithgow would have gone down that route regardless.

Ah didn’t know that, fair enough. We will all get to watch the game in one way or another, based on previous performances I’m not sure whether that’s a good thing or not.

5 hours ago, Super Tuesday said:

A Falkirk Herald article on top scorer from 1980 to last season.

Click here

A couple of surprises there for me if I'm honest, and quite a range in totals.

Must admit Jason Lee, Gareth Hutchison & Mark McGraw surprised me .

And Colin Spence with 5 goals must be our lowest highest goal scorer ever.

Very interesting.   

Edited by Hank von Hell

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Aye I’ve got no interest in going if it’s in TV.

Much more appealing to go to the pub and save yourself the hassle.

This Falkirk team has sucked the life out of even the most appealing away days for me.

I thought it was just me coz I'm outside the bubble, I could not see the excitement with this fixture.

It's either an absolute routine boring expected win like we get many of in Div 3 or one of the worst defeats in our history.

Either way I'd rather not be there. 

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

A lot of Falkirk fans coming on here to tell the world they won't be going to the game and why.

I hope this doesn't become the new norm as its kind of sad.

If you don't want to go I speak for everyone when I say nobody cares.

Three folk?

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

A lot of Falkirk fans coming on here to tell the world they won't be going to the game and why.

I hope this doesn't become the new norm as its kind of sad.

If you don't want to go I speak for everyone when I say nobody cares.

If you were referring to me my point was I do not get the excitement involved with the match for reasons I stated.

I don't see how you then make the huge jump to it being  "the new norm". It's one match versus non-league, or junior or whatever they are, opposition (I'm sorry I don't actually know). 

FYI - I would much rather be at Falkirk v Airdrie  

3 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

If you were referring to me my point was I do not get the excitement involved with the match for reasons I stated.

I don't see how you then make the huge jump to it being  "the new norm". It's one match versus non-league, or junior or whatever they are, opposition (I'm sorry I don't actually know). 

FYI - I would much rather be at Falkirk v Airdrie  

Piss up in a small nearby town with good pubs on a Friday night and a ground not many have visited in a while/ever? Yeah mate sounds terrible. Have a word