The Falkirk FC Thread

It is unrealistic.
Of course your club is a mess currently, but that's all.  It's not in danger.  
Had this charlatan been given the keys, as looked likely for a while, then you really might have been looking over the edge within a while.  
I'm not pretending that anyone should be getting thanked for today's outcome.  It's surely worth recognising the difference between incompetence and malevolent scheming though.
Neither is ideal, but the first one poses risks of a much lesser order.   Today yielded the best result it could.
How is it unrealistic? Crowds will be dropping off in the next two weeks. Take that to the bank. If we get stuck in this league so too will season tickets.

The threat to this club is the MSGs stewardship being rudderless to the point we hit the rocks. If that happens becasue they lead us there, or because they sell to some fucking shyster, its still on them.

David Murray is the man that killed the ****. He didnt have the keys at the time of death. Same deal here. Its on them.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well I will likely never be in the position, but I didnt want anything in return for my pledge to BtB. I would give what I could afford to lose. If I wanted to make money off of my money, there are better ways, less likely to wind up with me playing the pantomine villain whilst still claiming myself some sort of better fan than folk like you or me. 

Pfft, if I had the money I'd buy the bigot sisters, disband them and demolish the stadiums whilst keeping hold of the rights to the names, clubs, whatever.

That'd be money well spent for the good of society.

And the shits n giggles. 

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

If we don't get promoted this year then we'll have a plasterer in goal and a window cleaner centre forward next season.  Part-time here we come if Ray doesn't get his finger out.

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Most of our squad are on 2 year deals so we are stuck with them.

Apparently there's a non-promotion clause in their deals though. I hear that Cammy Bell's been doing a plastering course and Connor Sammon's bought a bucket.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How is it unrealistic? Crowds will be dropping off in the next two weeks. Take that to the bank. If we get stuck in this league so too will season tickets.

The threat to this club is the MSGs stewardship being rudderless to the point we hit the rocks. If that happens becasue they lead us there, or because they sell to some fucking shyster, its still on them.

David Murray is the man that killed the ****. He didnt have the keys at the time of death. Same deal here. Its on them.

You've got massive gates and a strong squad tor your surroundings.  You'll probably go up this season.

The Rangers parallel doesn't really work because Murray had built up fatal levels of debt that meant he simply had to get rid, to any available chancer.  Despite the bad running of Falkirk, those circumstances have not been replicated.

Enjoy a brief sense of relief here for Christ's sake man.  

Pretty funny dismantling of McKinnon on View From The Terrace tonight.

Actually, maybe not that funny. They read him his horoscope, and it summed him up pretty accurately.

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Don't want to name and shame here but special mention for utter lunacy :-

"Hope to still see you at the games Mark"

Ahahahahahahaha.

Well, to be fair, at £20 a go, that’s another £240 in the bank!

For those of you who are old enough to remember Max Bygraves, I’m going to paraphrase him because “I wanna tell you a story”.

Back in 2006 the Kia – Hyundai Motor Group had a dreadful design director and the company were manufacturing, dull, shapeless cars made from poor components and the quality of build left a lot to be desired. They were relatively cheap to buy and like most non-Japanese, Asian cars, people only bought them because they were all that they could afford – speaking as somebody who once drove a Daewoo, I know what I am talking about here.

Anyway, somebody on their board of directors must have had an epiphany and realized for them to produce really good cars and to be successful they needed to take their company in a different direction. Enter new design director Peter Schreyer, who they recruited from Audi where he was responsible for designing the Audi TT. His recruitment and salary cost them a relative fortune but he immediately set to work using existing components but using them in far better designed cars with a better quality of build. Over time he was able to get the company to build and source better components and further improve the quality of build of their cars. You just need to look at their current offering of models with the Santa Fe, Elantra, Tucson, Sonata and Veloster, cars that almost anybody would be happy to be seen in. Schreyer cost them a fortune but he was a great investment for the company. Their forward thinking revolutionized their fortunes.

Hopefully by now you will have seen where I am going with this: For Kia – Hyundai 2006, read Falkirk FC 2019. For a crap design director, read Ray McKinnon. For poor components, read Paul Dixon and Mark Durnan. For dull and shapeless, see the way that the Falkirk team is performing at the moment.

Now that the MC debacle is out of the way somebody on the board of directors needs to have their epiphany moment and suggest getting shot of McKinnon and hiring somebody of a good pedigree to take charge of team affairs. Forget paying £50 grand a year for the manager or whatever, push the boat out and bring in somebody on £100 -£150k a year – you gets what you pays for in life. Surely somebody decent coming in can take our current team / squad and get them performing far better than McKinnon? And don’t give me the “why would anybody come to a third tier team to manage Falkirk?” So £75k to manage St. Johnstone in the Premiership or £150k to manage Falkirk in League 1? I know what most mangers would pick. And maybe we wouldn’t have to be paying the likes of Michael Tidser over the odds when a really good manager could get cheaper players performing better both individually and as a unit? Maybe you can make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear?

We really have to do something drastic or else as other posters have suggested, we might be playing part-time football sometime soon.

A subject for another day, and something that I have never understood, is why do football players get paid so much more than managers? David Beckham earning more than Sir Alex Ferguson? Crazy. Jurgen Klopp on £7 million a year while Mo Salah earns £25 million? Nuts.

Yeah. The amount of abuse that was thrown my way for daring to suggest Mark wasn't the messiah was outrageous. In all honesty I'm just glad he's been chased and won't get his grubby mitts on a football club. I'm surprised it took this long to figure Out he wasn't full of shit tbh. 
Only took the fans 10 mins to suss him out , but we have a few guys on the board who want to max the cash ,They kept believing even when the evidence against Campbell was overwhelming

For those of you who are old enough to remember Max Bygraves, I’m going to paraphrase him because “I wanna tell you a story”.
Back in 2006 the Kia – Hyundai Motor Group had a dreadful design director and the company were manufacturing, dull, shapeless cars made from poor components and the quality of build left a lot to be desired. They were relatively cheap to buy and like most non-Japanese, Asian cars, people only bought them because they were all that they could afford – speaking as somebody who once drove a Daewoo, I know what I am talking about here.
Anyway, somebody on their board of directors must have had an epiphany and realized for them to produce really good cars and to be successful they needed to take their company in a different direction. Enter new design director Peter Schreyer, who they recruited from Audi where he was responsible for designing the Audi TT. His recruitment and salary cost them a relative fortune but he immediately set to work using existing components but using them in far better designed cars with a better quality of build. Over time he was able to get the company to build and source better components and further improve the quality of build of their cars. You just need to look at their current offering of models with the Santa Fe, Elantra, Tucson, Sonata and Veloster, cars that almost anybody would be happy to be seen in. Schreyer cost them a fortune but he was a great investment for the company. Their forward thinking revolutionized their fortunes.
Hopefully by now you will have seen where I am going with this: For Kia – Hyundai 2006, read Falkirk FC 2019. For a crap design director, read Ray McKinnon. For poor components, read Paul Dixon and Mark Durnan. For dull and shapeless, see the way that the Falkirk team is performing at the moment.
Now that the MC debacle is out of the way somebody on the board of directors needs to have their epiphany moment and suggest getting shot of McKinnon and hiring somebody of a good pedigree to take charge of team affairs. Forget paying £50 grand a year for the manager or whatever, push the boat out and bring in somebody on £100 -£150k a year – you gets what you pays for in life. Surely somebody decent coming in can take our current team / squad and get them performing far better than McKinnon? And don’t give me the “why would anybody come to a third tier team to manage Falkirk?” So £75k to manage St. Johnstone in the Premiership or £150k to manage Falkirk in League 1? I know what most mangers would pick. And maybe we wouldn’t have to be paying the likes of Michael Tidser over the odds when a really good manager could get cheaper players performing better both individually and as a unit? Maybe you can make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear?
We really have to do something drastic or else as other posters have suggested, we might be playing part-time football sometime soon.
A subject for another day, and something that I have never understood, is why do football players get paid so much more than managers? David Beckham earning more than Sir Alex Ferguson? Crazy. Jurgen Klopp on £7 million a year while Mo Salah earns £25 million? Nuts.

What a load of shite.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Holy shit that's some read on a Saturday morning.

Car design and Football ? £150.000 for the Manager of F.F.C. Back to Bed it is.

Just been sent this through WhatsApp and obviously you'll know as you see him but.. 
Screenshot_20191102_102402_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.ca270ae4816d0e9ff31c86fdce532f6e.jpg
What a fucking mess Cammy Bell is now. Jeezo. 
Regardless, he has been one of our few standout performers this season with some absolutely class saves in a number of games and at the heart of a very good defensive record. A defence that includes Paul Dixon and Mark Durnan. .

13 hours ago, bud1876 said:
14 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:
If we don't get promoted this year then we'll have a plasterer in goal and a window cleaner centre forward next season.  Part-time here we come if Ray doesn't get his finger out.

Wheres this part-time stuff coming from... is it internet rumours or a statement from the club?

I think that might of been his tactless way of putting the rest of us down.