The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'll ask the same questions that I always do when this subject pops up.

How much did it cost him to build the South Stand, how much is the annual rental and how many years will the club have to pay it? Forever? Or only until he dies? And what happens then?

IMO you can neither defend nor criticise the man until you know those answers. I don't.

My suspicion - based on nothing more than a gut feeling - is that he's currently out of pocket and won't live long enough to see a profit on his outlay. He didn't exactly look young when it was opened, after all.

Sandy Alexander.JPG

I cant help but think he is the least of the issues with the MSG its the rest of them that are the problem. issue is they are all in it together and whether they are good, bad or indifferent they are all accomplice to the cluster f*ck of a situation we are in.

fly with the crows get shot with the crows basically.

Edited by AL-FFC

The rent paid for the South Stand was £75,000 for 2018, versus £72,729 for 2017. This is from the company filling for 2018. It is explicitly “rent”, with no mention of ownership, but this is the simple records.

The South Stand was announced as a £2,000,000+ project in 2008.

If I had millions, whatever I gave to Falkirk FC would be no strings. Being a mortgage provider for a stand is no great shakes

Yes I've heard this 100 times from various FFC fan BUTb would you really?

It is fair that any businessman would want some return for a massive investment. 2m is a huge amount of cash in anyone's book.

I think people expect far too much and no I'm not Edibairn etc... Just adding some reality into the situation. It is easy to say I would do this, do that etc. It's all too easy to SAY!!!

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

It is fair that any businessman would want some return for a massive investment. 2m is a huge amount of cash in anyone's book.

I think people expect far too much and no I'm not Edibairn etc... Just adding some reality into the situation. It is easy to say I would do this, do that etc. It's all too easy to SAY!!!

Well I will likely never be in the position, but I didnt want anything in return for my pledge to BtB. I would give what I could afford to lose. If I wanted to make money off of my money, there are better ways, less likely to wind up with me playing the pantomine villain whilst still claiming myself some sort of better fan than folk like you or me. 

I am much more reluctant than many to rip into SA as an individual. The troubling bit in all of this remains the decision making process (if indeed there is one) that has seen so many of the big calls go so horribly wrong.

Therein lies our biggest issue. It’s almost as if they each take a turn at making a complete arse of it. Decisions seem to be pushed up or down the line to someone not qualified to make it...then it all goes tits up.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Well, well , well ….first Sunderland and now Falkirk - why do they not want the bearded pound?

Well I think we all know.

It's been a long road and there's been a lot of shouty abuse to fans just trying to point out what a lying dodgy company closer this guy MC is.

For me today is a great day for the club, to escape the clutches of this reckless fantasist is a wonderful thing and at least we know we will still have a club in 2 years time.

Tomorrow will be different and the focus of blame should rightly be directed to the BOD for entertaining this fraud. Andy Thomson will be livid the amount of sucking up he has done for nothing.

But today let us just celebrate this charlatan has finally been told to GTF.

Watch him drop his Twitter disciples like a stone now.       

This.

I'm a bit surprised to be honest, that there's so much anger evident from those who wanted shot of MC.

Of course this news casts some light on the ridiculous antics of the board, but you already knew about that anyway.  

It may feel a tad embarrassing, but again that's not new.  The thing that is new, is the news that this bloke who really did have the potential to take your club into oblivion, is gone for good.

Seriously, despite the fact that there's probably much to still be annoyed about, this escape from an existential threat to the club, should override everything. 

Today is really a day for unequivocal rejoicing for Falkirk fans.  It really is you know.

If we don't get promoted this year then we'll have a plasterer in goal and a window cleaner centre forward next season.  Part-time here we come if Ray doesn't get his finger out.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

This.
I'm a bit surprised to be honest, that there's so much anger evident from those who wanted shot of MC.
Of course this news casts some light on the ridiculous antics of the board, but you already knew about that anyway.  
It may feel a tad embarrassing, but again that's not new.  The thing that is new, is the news that this bloke who really did have the potential to take your club into oblivion, is gone for good.
Seriously, despite the fact that there's probably much to still be annoyed about, this escape from an existential threat to the club, should override everything. 
Today is really a day for unequivocal rejoicing for Falkirk fans.  It really is you know.
The existential threat is still there. It is in the form of those who rejected multiple other bids in favour of this guy. Who paraded him about the place for one shred of due diligence was done. Who have allowed the club to sleepwalk into its current state and who are, going by the formbook, totally incapable of puttong us back on an upward trajectory.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The existential threat is still there. It is in the form of those who rejected multiple other bids in favour of this guy. Who paraded him about the place for one shred of due diligence was done. Who have allowed the club to sleepwalk into its current state and who are, going by the formbook, totally incapable of puttong us back on an upward trajectory.

You've still got problems, but the scale of any threat to the club's actual existence is now vanishingly small, in comparison to how things might have gone.  No?

You've still got problems, but the scale of any threat to the club's actual existence is now vanishingly small, in comparison to how things might have gone.  No?
How many more seasons are we looking at in the third tier under their stewardship? The club is now a shell. No reserves, no academy, nothing. Nothing that exists behind an underpeforming 11 nost of whom are on expensive two year contracts.

All of it being held up by a large yet undervalued, bored, disillusioned fanbase.

Existentially speaking, how much of the above needs change for a crisis to precipitate?

I would say if PATG numbers drop this season, and season tickets follow next season after failing to win promotion, Falkirk FC will never be back trying to get into the top league.

None of that seems unrealistic to me.

Never been motivated by money(which is why I’ll never have the riches anyway) so I am pretty sure I would put cash in.
I see it as investing in your hobby, the equivalent of my purchase of a shiny new Srixon driver this summer.

2 nil victory over clydebank. Wayne Foster scored the other.

Second home game was a dull 1 all draw with Airdrie where David Hagen scored for us I think.

I'd been asking my mum to let me go to the football for a few weeks prior. Waddle signing was the perfect excuse that I simply had to go. I went to pretty much every home game for the next 6-7 seasons after that.

His debut was a 2-1 win at brockville. At first I stood in the south enclosure. For the winning goal, he picked up the ball just along from us, cut inside past a couple of players and hit it straight into the bottom right corner. Wasn't a great shot, but good enough and probably well placed.

I remember he had absolutely no pace, but still glided past players. They were scared to go near him. A bit like latapy in that respect.

I don't remember much about his second home game. I think we won and remember expecting him to do all sorts of fancy stuff, but don't think he did much.

57 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

If we don't get promoted this year then we'll have a plasterer in goal and a window cleaner centre forward next season.  Part-time here we come if Ray doesn't get his finger out.

Unfortunately, this is McKinnon pulling his finger out, this is as good as it gets, he's f*cking clueless.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

How many more seasons are we looking at in the third tier under their stewardship? The club is now a shell. No reserves, no academy, nothing. Nothing that exists behind an underpeforming 11 nost of whom are on expensive two year contracts.

All of it being held up by a large yet undervalued, bored, disillusioned fanbase.

Existentially speaking, how much of the above needs change for a crisis to precipitate?

I would say if PATG numbers drop this season, and season tickets follow next season after failing to win promotion, Falkirk FC will never be back trying to get into the top league.

None of that seems unrealistic to me.

It is unrealistic.

Of course your club is a mess currently, but that's all.  It's not in danger.  

Had this charlatan been given the keys, as looked likely for a while, then you really might have been looking over the edge within a short time.  

I'm not pretending that anyone should be getting thanked for today's outcome.  It's surely worth recognising the difference between incompetence and malevolent scheming though.

Neither is ideal, but the first one poses risks of a much lesser order.   Today yielded the best result it could.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Wheres this part-time stuff coming from... is it internet rumours or a statement from the club?