The Falkirk FC Thread

To be fair, McKinnon isn’t underperforming. If you look at his career stats, he is consistently meh.

The team are obviously underperforming due to McKinnon, but he himself has never actually performed any better than he is doing now.

2 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

Pretty sure it came from MC at one of the meeting this week, so we can safely assume it was a lot of tosh.

i have no doubt we will be loosing money but if Raith managed 2 season fully full time i am pretty certain we could at least match that. 

You don’t want to, if you look at the books. We’re now shouldering a huge debt because of that play.

If the fans buy the club I would LOVE to see the lease on the South Stand being terminated while we're outside the top flight. Shift everyone into the North Stand and make sure Alexander doesn't make anything from the stadium.

That comes across as a bit bitter tbh Remember this guy put his money where his mouth was at the time where other didn't or wouldn't. I know he is being paid for it due in installments, but really how many of us would really be prepared to do that?

Just also consider how much the club have benefited from during this time?

That comes across as a bit bitter tbh Remember this guy put his money where his mouth was at the time where other didn't or wouldn't. I know he is being paid for it due in installments, but really how many of us would really be prepared to do that?

I would imagine a reasonable number of us if we had his wealth would be prepared to help the club financially and without looking for a return on investment.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I must comfess to knowing little more about SA than what everyone knows prior to all of this. But his apparent table banging, the fans owe us performance at the EGM marked him out as an utter w****r for me. Maybe he wants whats best for the club, but since his belief is that because he puts more money in he knows best, and the fans are just an obstacle in his way does, as you say absolutely stink of ivory tower arrogance. The worst sort of arsehole that thinks money and perceived power puts him beyond question from the serfs.

Bet he was a right cock to his employees. The sort that tginks his position automatically entitles him to respect. Probably never been spoken back to in years. Hope before this is all over he gets absolutely bodied by some tracky wearing wee bam.

He always struck me as a decent guy In the past when I’ve  met him and when he sold schuh every employee got a bonus, some more than a year salary from cleaner to director but something has happened to him in recent years and he’s turned into an egocentric w****r. 

Just now, Rugster said:

He always struck me as a decent guy In the past when I’ve  met him and when he sold schuh every employee got a bonus, some more than a year salary from cleaner to director but something has happened to him in recent years and he’s turned into an egocentric w****r. 

He is having his judgement questioned by the dung beetles. 

30 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

You mean the soft loans that are apparently on above average interest rates, yep so much love for the club in that one.

I cant help but expect another incarnation of Ed/Latapy/London or whatever he is going to call himself next bairn posting up

You mean the soft loans that are apparently on above average interest rates, yep so much love for the club in that one.

I cant help but expect another incarnation of Ed/Latapy/London or whatever he is going to call himself next bairn posting up
If I had millions, whatever I gave to Falkirk FC would be no strings. Being a mortgage provider for a stand is no great shakes IMO.

And regardless of that, Peter Houston gave us a cup final and numerous scenes that had been sorely lacking for a ling time. See when he started to make decisions that were wrong and damaging, he had to fall on his sword.

Wheres even 5% of that accountability for these c***s? How can they even call themselves fans when the actual fans desperately want rid. How can you be so delusional. They cant be fans if they arent willing to take steps including their own departure or to work with fans to improve what happens on a Saturday. Thata what fans want.

18 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Back in 2015 or 2016 he, along with MR wrote off around £200k of loans given to FFC

its important to get the facts correct

unfortunately, I can’t find my accounts from that year but I’m sure that others will confirm this.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If I had millions, whatever I gave to Falkirk FC would be no strings. Being a mortgage provider for a stand is no great shakes IMO.

And regardless of that, Peter Houston gave us a cup final and numerous scenes that had been sorely lacking for a ling time. See when he started to make decisions that were wrong and damaging, he had to fall on his sword.

Wheres even 5% of that accountability for these c***s? How can they even call themselves fans when the actual fans desperately want rid. How can you be so delusional. They cant be fans if they arent willing to take steps including their own departure or to work with fans to improve what happens on a Saturday. Thata what fans want.

Think the only way these f*ckers are going to realise how much we want rid is to make it vocal and seen on a Saturday, if they think they will be hailed as the messiah for pulling the plug on MC when everyone could see when he was paraded in front of the everyone they have another thing coming.

As said they announced preferred bidder paraded him to tyhe fans and media and its backfired.

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Back in 2015 or 2016 he, along with MR wrote off around £200k of land given to FFC

unfortunately, I can’t find my accounts from that year but I’m sure that others will confirm this.

Thing is going back to when we went into liquidation yes they stepped in when others wouldnt but at what stage do you think its called evens but club and fans come hand in hand, one cannot exist without the other if the fanbase wasnt there the club wouldnt exist, the fanbase has backed the club over the years with the next level, our time and any other catchline they have used for season tickets and merchandise.

Right now the club is screaming out for change, would you invest in the club in its current state with the same MSG that have been responsible for the PR disasters of the past few seasons ?. 

Edited by AL-FFC

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Back in 2015 or 2016 he, along with MR wrote off around £200k of loans given to FFC

We have probably spent more than that paying off the past 2 seasons squads, we spent half that paying for RM i know that much. fines legal fees, compensation

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We have probably spent more than that paying off the past 2 seasons squads, we spent half that paying for RM i know that much. fines legal fees, compensation

Yes - fair point.

The current BOD have squandered incredible amounts of cash on useless projects.

Its painful just thinking about it.

YE 2015 we made £1.3m with the cup final and player sales

Not sure if I’m going off topic here as I’ve not been on in weeks but what’s everyone’s memory & thoughts about Chris Waddle at FFC?
I'd been asking my mum to let me go to the football for a few weeks prior. Waddle signing was the perfect excuse that I simply had to go. I went to pretty much every home game for the next 6-7 seasons after that.

His debut was a 2-1 win at brockville. At first I stood in the south enclosure. For the winning goal, he picked up the ball just along from us, cut inside past a couple of players and hit it straight into the bottom right corner. Wasn't a great shot, but good enough and probably well placed.

I remember he had absolutely no pace, but still glided past players. They were scared to go near him. A bit like latapy in that respect.

I don't remember much about his second home game. I think we won and remember expecting him to do all sorts of fancy stuff, but don't think he did much.

43 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I'll ask the same questions that I always do when this subject pops up.

How much did it cost him to build the South Stand, how much is the annual rental and how many years will the club have to pay it? Forever? Or only until he dies? And what happens then?

IMO you can neither defend nor criticise the man until you know those answers. I don't.

My suspicion - based on nothing more than a gut feeling - is that he's currently out of pocket and won't live long enough to see a profit on his outlay. He didn't exactly look young when it was opened, after all.

Sandy Alexander.JPG