The Falkirk FC Thread

Now comes the really chancy bit. The MSG have already made it clear that non-promotion means a part-time team, which suggests that the financials are already very bad, probably worse than suspected. Given that, the chances of the MSG pissing away money to fire Ray is close to nil. The potential for funding for any significant action in the January window is likewise minimal...unless the MSG is sure that Ray can get Falkirk promoted. The evidence so far is not in Ray’s favor, so does anyone believe the MSG will allow spending?

There’s no replacement manager on board, there’s no trust between the fans and the owners, there’s not enough money to continue on the current path, and most of the team is signed for two years. Ray has lost the team, they seem to just tune him out, so how does Falkirk win the league? Does anyone believe these individuals in similar clothes can pull it together themselves and win the league?

The MSG has shown any other bidders what a fiasco this process would be. The BtB bid is very unlikely to be reformed, because the MSG have let the mask slip, and they are not going willingly. Does anyone honestly see a way forward other than:

1) Ray somehow wins the league, and Falkirk has to try to compete in the Championship with a small budget to get the financials back on a strong footing.

2) Ray loses the league and wins in the playoffs, see above for results.

3) Ray either misses the playoffs or loses in the playoffs, Falkirk drops to part-time and Ray departs.

Whether MC was right or not, the idea of agents in the background really scared me and where we would go under MC and his backers. I think the right decision has been reached (if MC takeover someone else and makes a spectacular success then we can all eat humble pie). Now it's back to either Btb or Gow's bid and hopefully kicking on both on and off the pitch. As for people posting about embarrassment, I'd rather be embarrassed than end up with a Craig Whyte type deal any day of the week. 

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Anyone know if it's still ~£70k each club gets for a live match on the BBC? 

It's not. It's less than that now (around £30k). That was based on last season before Rounds 1 - 3 had a live game so conceivably the payment will be even less than that for these early live matches.

3 hours ago, Typicalrovers said:

f**k. What about the fourth stand and the hotel in the travel hub that is Falkirk?

You should’ve listened to that Sunderland c**t you chased off here two months ago.

And what do you thing a handful of supporters on a football forum can do ya fanny? 

99% of the posters on here had his number from day one and weren’t scared to say it.

Finally, this part of the saga ends, how it took so long, when after a couple of weeks the evidence was stacked up that MC was a chancer is inconceivable.  Where do we go? 

I was in the Patron / BTB camp and really wanted it to happen, but currently feel a bit raw, how the guys who were working on these proposals were treated and dismissed. I think the Board and MSG underestimated the abilities of the potential Patrons and some BTB supporters.

Is this an opportunity for the consortium who were supposedly going to fund the academy before it closed to return to the ring, and make a pitch for ownership or  boardroom presence ?  

Most thankful for the BTB guys who didn't stand by and let MC deal get over the line, and eventually the penny dropped with some of the MSG.

28 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Have they, when was this?

Someone posted it on here as fact.

It might be, but before I'd accept the claim that we're losing money and will be part-time next season I'd want some sort of verification. Until then it's just an unsubstantiated internet rumour. And most of those turn out to be pish.

Someone said at the start of the season we were working on a break-even budget, which I believe was accurate. I also suspect that early revenue was more than budgeted for, hence why the playing squad was increased beyond the original planned number of eighteen. It must have increased again, because I know of at least one other signing we were going to make which didn't happen due to other reasons. Unless the revenue has dipped below forecast in the last couple of months that money is probably still there waiting to be spent in January.  

If the AGM happens before Christmas I presume we'll get a more up-to-date picture then.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Someone posted it on here as fact.

It might be, but before I'd accept the claim that we're losing money and will be part-time next season I'd want some sort of verification. Until then it's just an unsubstantiated internet rumour. And most of those turn out to be pish.

Someone said at the start of the season we were working on a break-even budget, which I believe was accurate. I also suspect that early revenue was more than budgeted for, hence why the playing squad was increased beyond the original planned number of eighteen. It must have increased again, because I know of at least one other signing we were going to make which didn't happen due to other reasons. Unless the revenue has dipped below forecast in the last couple of months that money is probably still there waiting to be spent in January.  

If the AGM happens before Christmas I presume we'll get a more up-to-date picture then.

Pretty sure it came from MC at one of the meeting this week, so we can safely assume it was a lot of tosh.

i have no doubt we will be loosing money but if Raith managed 2 season fully full time i am pretty certain we could at least match that. 

Administration 2 beckons. Probably just start up again as falkirk fc and start at the bottom of leauge 2 and be liquidated. The new team will still be called falkirk and will play at the stadium. The press will never mention the liquidation and pretend it really never happened ......Their history will not be broken......and .....it will be everyone else's fault as no one likes them... Scottish football needs a strong falkirk.....

When was Admin 1? Who will seek admin?

Right, that’s that bit done. Time for FFC to continue its downward spiral. If McKinnon goes, we should hire Alloa to pick our next manager. They are clearly much better at it than our mob.

Yep them appointing the right man would be a bit of a risk tbf. 
Scot gemmill would be my choice, he's done a cracking job with the Scotland u21's and is highly regarded. Not sure if he would come or if he would cost much to get him but that's the type of appointment is like to see. 

Sounds good, except, due to gross incompetence, we no longer have an Academy to bring young players through so not really suitable imo....

40 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Would love to have Mike Mulroney in charge.

You could literally name any owner, chairman, board member of any club in Scotland and that statement would be equally applicable. No surprise that Sandy The Superfan is back to bleating about the supporters (or scum, to more accurately reflect their standpoint) again and the mystifying and totally undeserved ack of deference, gratitude and respect being shown to him and the rest of The Gang. Just happened to come across some shares in Falkirk Football Club apparently, and perfectly entitled to do with the club as they see fit. He reeks of the most distasteful, despicable arrogance.

Just now, AGPar said:

You could literally name any owner, chairman, board member of any club in Scotland and that statement would be equally applicable. No surprise that Sandy The Superfan is back to bleating about the supporters (or scum, to more accurately reflect their standpoint) again and the mystifying and totally undeserved ack of deference, gratitude and respect being shown to him and the rest of The Gang. Just happened to come across some shares in Falkirk Football Club apparently, and perfectly entitled to do with the club as they see fit. He reeks of the most distasteful, despicable arrogance.

If the fans buy the club I would LOVE to see the lease on the South Stand being terminated while we're outside the top flight. Shift everyone into the North Stand and make sure Alexander doesn't make anything from the stadium.

I must comfess to knowing little more about SA than what everyone knows prior to all of this. But his apparent table banging, the fans owe us performance at the EGM marked him out as an utter w****r for me. Maybe he wants whats best for the club, but since his belief is that because he puts more money in he knows best, and the fans are just an obstacle in his way does, as you say absolutely stink of ivory tower arrogance. The worst sort of arsehole that thinks money and perceived power puts him beyond question from the serfs.

Bet he was a right cock to his employees. The sort that tginks his position automatically entitles him to respect. Probably never been spoken back to in years. Hope before this is all over he gets absolutely bodied by some tracky wearing wee bam.

Right... That's that done and dusted.

Time now to focus on the park and make sure the heat is firmly turned up on our under achieving manager, there are no distractions nor hiding places now.

Simple plan really, start playing as expected or GHTF, no room for messing about... starting tomorrow[emoji106]