The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I supported BtB originally but I'm not sure I could do it again. When it was floated, the MSG were voluntarily diluting their shares and acting in the best interests of the club. Since then it's become clear the MSG aren't acting in good faith and I suspect they see BtB as just another way to milk the cash cow of the fans. Without a majority shareholding for BtB, the MSG will just smile nicely, grab the money and tell the fans to go f**k themselves - in the nicest possible way in a lovely Press Release.

I'm out.

between the fans share scheme and patrons there would have been a maj shareholding in the club under the original BtB proposals, the current MSG would only be left with 31%

FWIW I don't think they will reach out to the BtB again, that would require a degree of humility, which non of them posses.

17 minutes ago, champions said:

I'd like to know what we do going forward? The MSG/BoD need to go, but we need someone genuine to step up and purchase a controlling stake in the club.

Do we now just hound them so that it forces them to actively search for a buyer?

Does anyone feel that some of them never wanted to go in the first place ?

The statement released suggests that to me, not looking for new buyer/owner just investment

Its been panto season early for us in the last 3 month both on and off the pitch may I add

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Right now the ownership debacle needs to go on the back burner, the league is the priority now. Get rid of the chancer of a manager and go and win promotion then try again in the summer. 

Its trusting them to get the right man in place which maybe the problem there, shouldnt be hard as every other manager in the current league would do a better job as far as I am concerned

Edited by MrDust

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Does anyone feel that some of them never wanted to go in the first place ?

The statement released suggests that to me, not looking for new buyer/owner just investment

Its been panto season early for us in the last 3 month both on and off the pitch may I add

the statement does read a bit weird, 

i know that at one point they tried to float the idea to BtB to hand over cash with receiving any shares in return.

Administration 2 beckons. Probably just start up again as falkirk fc and start at the bottom of leauge 2 and be liquidated. The new team will still be called falkirk and will play at the stadium. The press will never mention the liquidation and pretend it really never happened ......Their history will not be broken......and .....it will be everyone else's fault as no one likes them... Scottish football needs a strong falkirk.....

3 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Administration 2 beckons. Probably just start up again as falkirk fc and start at the bottom of leauge 2 and be liquidated. The new team will still be called falkirk and will play at the stadium. The press will never mention the liquidation and pretend it really never happened ......Their history will not be broken......and .....it will be everyone else's fault as no one likes them... Scottish football needs a strong falkirk.....

What the f**k is this 

5 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

If you had a brain you'd be dangerous

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

What the f**k is this 

I believe the poster is drawing similarities between our own situation and that concerning the now defunct team called Rangers.  You know that club that repeatedly gave control to fantasist charlatans and in the end couldn't pay £42 to a local face painting company.  The fact that we have done the exact opposite is an interesting way to draw conclusive similarities.

As for the current situation, under what possible criteria could the current MSG have had to come to the conclusion that Mark Campbell was the preferred bidder over 2 other bids that would appear to be far more valid and a string of others that they p*ssed off to the extent their bid was withdrawn.  Whilst I'm glad the correct decision has now been reached,  the embarrassment factor that is added to the current MSG, in addition to that which already existed due to communication/academy/Lewis/club crest etc issues is such that their future as having any responsibility to run our football club is surely now completely untenable?

Stay off the glue.

Campbell is just another Craig Whyte. He has f**k all but his tweets to keep him relevant. I think he's a sociopath and Falkirk are well rid, I'm not sure it's a "bullet dodged" as I don't tbink any party involved in that bid actually saw it coming to a successful end. As an outsider, it seems clear to me that every single Falkirk fan should back BTB now and your board should, from this day forward, have it known to them that anything other than accepting BTB will result in withdrawal of income and support on a mass scale.

Guest Ecosse83
37 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Its trusting them to get the right man in place which maybe the problem there, shouldnt be hard as every other manager in the current league would do a better job as far as I am concerned

Yep them appointing the right man would be a bit of a risk tbf. 

Scot gemmill would be my choice, he's done a cracking job with the Scotland u21's and is highly regarded. Not sure if he would come or if he would cost much to get him but that's the type of appointment is like to see. 

Strange feeling. Relief more than anything.

BtB was always the safest and logical route for the club to go down but not sure if the guys will have the stomach for it after what has gone on.

I hope the club reach out locally now and see what can be done in conjunction with others who may already be involved and wish to stay involved.

The AGM in few weeks has to be the first step of the ladder back up.

I have my views on what I would like to see in terms of structure but one thing is for sure it has to heavily involve local people and the supporters

There is one thing MC can do for us before he fucks off forever, in whatever cringy statement he puts out, hopefully he cuts the throat of the MSG. Not that they will give a f**k but any publicity shaming the way they are handling the club and treating the fans would be great.

Two utterly cancerous forces blaming eachother for the most embarrassing f**k up in recent memory would surely strengthen the need for change.

What a fucking minter of a club right now though.