The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

This whole shambles has to be considered the biggest disgrace yet in 10+ years of major incompetence. It was obvious to anyone with half a brain that this guy was a fantasist at best and a bad actor at worst. Picking this ahead of the fans' bid was done out of spite by the MSG/Board, make no mistake about it.

Nothing sums the club up more than this morning - tweeting about Westlife while The Herald break the news, then having to throw something together which crashes the website in response.

Lex and co need to hear us tomorrow.

100% correct. How this shower of charlatans have amassed millions in personal fortunes between them confounds me. 

I would love to know what sold MC over the fans  bid and Gows consortium. Not saying either was better financially but surely there must have been a bit of it sounding too good to be true from the off? It didn't take the fans long to figure out he had basically done a read of forums/twitter to find out what the fans wanted and then blurted it out like a bingo caller the first chance he got? I just don't believe that the board members are that thick......not one to go down rabbit holes but I am starting to believe there is another motive to this whole charade that has been the last 90 days. 

We are getting played at the moment and I don't see how this ends well for this current board or Ray Mckinnon for that matter. We BADLY need a good result on Saturday

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

100% correct. How this shower of charlatans have amassed millions in personal fortunes between them confounds me. 

They have had the benefit of the doubt that being successful in other walks of life means you can rum a football club. Whatever seeds of doubt in that regard that have now turned into a big stinking ball of knotweed right under the foundations. 

We wont get an apology for this, or a way forward. We will get shrug of the shoulders, and if we are lucky, a statement that can easily be interpreted as "mind yer own business". 

You can somewhat excuse folk holding back on making demans of the board whilst this was going on, but Marshmallo is right. We as fans should be spending 90 minites tomorrow torturing them and McKinnon, since they have fucked their own deflector shield. 

I am already completely disillusioned with all things FFC at present and this fiasco is merely a bit of it. No direction in the boardroom no direction in player management and no apparent concern from the players. I wont see many games season ticket or not this winter. It will take something very special to get me out the house till the end of the season. I think I am not alone in this feeling

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

This 100%. Big, noisy away support needed and the MSG need to know we will not forgive and forget.

They won't trap for it. They're a bunch of cowards.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They have had the benefit of the doubt that being successful in other walks of life means you can rum a football club. Whatever seeds of doubt in that regard that have now turned into a big stinking ball of knotweed right under the foundations. 

We wont get an apology for this, or a way forward. We will get shrug of the shoulders, and if we are lucky, a statement that can easily be interpreted as "mind yer own business". 

You can somewhat excuse folk holding back on making demans of the board whilst this was going on, but Marshmallo is right. We as fans should be spending 90 minites tomorrow torturing them and McKinnon, since they have fucked their own deflector shield. 

make it so patrick stewart GIF

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't even like star trek, but for some reason couldn't express what I was trying to say in a non sci-fi way 😂

WHIT??!! You don't like Star Trek?? Sacrilege!😋 We need to set our phasers tae malky.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

So glad I never renewed my ST, these absolute jokers in charge of our club don't deserve our support.

I had pledged to support the BTB bid but I'm not sure I would put any money in now whilst any of the board/msg are still at our club. I have spoken to others this morning who are of a similiar mind

They treat the fans with utter contempt. They have handled this whole situation terribly, they were told at every turn that MC was not the genuine article but it has taken them over 3 months to work this out. They are a disgrace.

What has happened has happened ( or not happened to be more accurate ) The inquest into the shambles should be focused on how it got to this time consuming stage in the first place ending up at square one again.

The statement mentioned the board were looking for investment and nothing else.

Its in the past and the club has to move on and the directors have to make a policy statement and sharpish.

So Directors.

Is the club still on the market ?

Will unsuccessful bidders be re contacted ?

Will there be a review on our due diligence procedures ?

What are the plans for the rest of the Season ?

Communication has been a textbook example of how not to do it.

Will they clarify to the support these points ? I doubt it !

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree with you however that’s just my personal opinion.

Our other options will be very limited now.

BTB HAS to be the answer. If you're against it because you don't like some of the people involved, then join up and vote to ensure that they don't get near the boardroom. 

It was fronted by maybe two people, plus one who's vociferous on here and other social media. I think there were supposed to be about 40 patrons. Surely folk can't have grudges against all of them?  

There is no-one else who cares for the club more than us fans. The next custodians have to be drawn from the fanbase unless someone with a genuine affection for the club and lots of money comes forward. And even then I'd want him (her?) to include fan representation on any board. 

No more Deans, Fulstons or Campbells please. 

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I agreed with this comment so much that after reading it I bookmarked it for future quoting. I didn't think it would take two months though. 

When MC was named as preferred bidder he had only one job to do – convince the owners that he was a fit and proper person to take control of our club. The fact that he’s not in control this morning shows that he failed.

Whether he failed to provide evidence that he had the money to back up his plans, or failed to prove that the money was clean, or failed to convince the MSG that he had the knowledge and skill to deliver his promises, or failed to give plausible explanations for all the negative press will probably never be known. The club will be wary of making statements which could be seen as damaging to MCs reputation and leave them open to legal action, so todays’ “no blame” statement will probably be the only comment they’ll make.

It doesn’t matter. What matters is that MC DID fail. And failed, I suspect, because of his own actions, or lack of them, rather than what anyone else did. BPM has been proven correct.  

The owners eventually got it right too, though that doesn’t excuse them for the decision to afford him PB status in the first place. Or for the ludicrous fashion parade that the MSG decided was appropriate. One correct decision after a myriad of wrong ones does not entitle them to praise.

One group who do deserve a bit of praise are BtB. They stuck their heads above the parapet and did what they believed was right. And got slaughtered for it. I hope those who criticised them at the time are now willing to concede that their actions have been vindicated.

You BPM’s new PR man lol. I thought Bairnardo was doing a grand job.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

BTB HAS to be the answer. If you're against it because you don't like some of the people involved, then join up and vote to ensure that they don't get near the boardroom. 

It was fronted by maybe two people, plus one who's vociferous on here and other social media. I think there were supposed to be about 40 patrons. Surely folk can't have grudges against all of them?  

There is no-one else who cares for the club more than us fans. The next custodians have to be drawn from the fanbase unless someone with a genuine affection for the club and lots of money comes forward. And even then I'd want him (her?) to include fan representation on any board. 

No more Deans, Fulstons or Campbells please. 

I don’t disagree with your question and your love for our club in unquestionable. 

I just don’t need some ‘Superfan’ speaking for me.

A total embarrassment all round. Within hours of this utter chancer's name being linked to the club fans already knew he wasn't a fit and proper person. Through that medium of.. Google. 

To actually bring him to a fans' event shows what amateur hour idiots we have in situ. 

Would be funny if it wasn't so infuriating. 

I really hope David and Kenny tell them to ram it if they dare approach BtB again