The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk’s playing budget is clearly completely unsustainable at this level. There will be clubs with smaller playing budgets in the league above making a loss this season. Staying full time next season would probably mean a squad of 15/16... either that or another huge, unsustainable loss.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Raith had smaller crowds, but even with 1000-1500 more at every game, that’s all of £360,000-540,000, all in, at £20 a game. So that’s the high end, before expenses for caring for the crowd, the stand and the concessions/kids in that number. The reality is that the club makes probably less than £200,000 extra for those crowds, and a full-time squad will drain more than that out, as Raith’s financials show. Let’s face it, SFL football is made profitable, when it is, by the league placement payments, unless you’re the Old Firm.

Falkirk has a real issue with financials if they don’t bump right back up, and the statement about part-time simply recognizes that, which is a “good” sign that someone is paying attention. Sticking one’s head in the sand and trying to stay pure full-time would be a huge mistake, unless a sugar daddy shows up...

Part time is the financial reality awaiting us if FFC does not go up this season. If we do go part time then its very difficult to set up the infrastructure to go full time again. Its not just the playing staff its the people in the background as well. 

I heard recently that a conclusion was very close and was given a timescale for when it would either happen - or fall to bits.  The approximate "D-day" I was given has recently passed.
May be a load of nonsense of course. Particularly as the source was a random old guy in a pub, who claimed he knew because his son's girlfriend was pals with the daughter of the guy who was doing due diligence. Or had previously slept with him. Or took his dogs for a walk. I can't quite remember as I was a bit drunk at the time. [emoji6]
Anyway, if these rumours were cropping up a fortnight or a month ago I'd have ignored them, but the timing seems about right. I've been wondering for the last few days if an announcement was imminent.
 I guess we'll find out shortly.

Not sure we will.

MC saying it will be the AGM and club director told me the New Year

See. The medically induced coma takes the day.

There’s the making of a great documentary/book at the end of all this.

The teasing apart of a football club doing reasonably well who then suddenly start to make awful decision after awful decision despite there being no real change of those at the helm.

Being utterly sick of it all, they then decide to make one last major decision that involves them surrendering the club to a new owner.

Can they waken out of their stupor? Can they get their collective acts together and get their last major decision right, or have they now become so dysfunctional that they cannot break away from the madness that started with the breathtakingly dumb appointment of George Craig, and must now end in a final decision that is wrong, so crazy, that no-one can grasp the thought process that underpins it.

This whole saga needs to be pitched to Netflix.

See. The medically induced coma takes the day.

There’s the making of a great documentary/book at the end of all this.

The teasing apart of a football club doing reasonably well who then suddenly start to make awful decision after awful decision despite there being no real change of those at the helm.

Being utterly sick of it all, they then decide to make one last major decision that involves them surrendering the club to a new owner.

Can they waken out of their stupor? Can they get their collective acts together and get their last major decision right, or have they now become so dysfunctional that they cannot break away from the madness that started with the breathtakingly dumb appointment of George Craig, and must now end in a final decision that is wrong, so crazy, that no-one can grasp the thought process that underpins it.

This whole saga needs to be pitched to Netflix.

Too far fetched.

I agree with this 100%, but how can we enforce change at the AGM? wont they just group together and vote down any motions that are put forward?
I would love to see some sort of emergency board put in place with the view of finding fresh investment, which is undoubtedly out there, we had 30 odd fans willing to invest decent sums for money into the club and am sure more could be found.
They must now be getting the feeling that the vast majority of fans are at best lukewarm to MC, I genuinely don't seem to speak to any fans who are really FOR MC getting control.
This whole saga has been a total disaster the sooner we can enforce meaningful change the better - i just cant see the route there.

This is going to go down in our history as one of the worst periods in our history. Outside ‘98 I seriously struggle to think of worse, certainly in my 50+ years following the club.

Nothing but arrogance by some Board Members and MSG members have taken to this position.

If BtB wasn’t for them what was stopping them getting into a room with the 40 odd Patrons and saying. We want to go and the club needs X. How can we all pull together to sort this?

No what did we get, those who think they are big time charlies on the Board and the MSG thinking the know best and try and sell the club to the “highest bidder” with grand plans because they didn’t like some of the Patrons, they are in self preservation mode or think no one could run the club better than them.

Sadly as a support we cant agree on the fucking pies far less pull ourselves together to stop this crap continuing. That suits the above Hawks in the Board and MSG - they encourage divisions.

We nearly did it, 1000 fans pledged to BtB scheme but it soon fell apart when it was shoved to one side with the MSG and Board falling for this scam without doing any DD before announcing it to the world. The minute some questioned this they were accused of sour grapes and self interest when it was exactly the opposite.

If this goes through then we only have ourselves to blame for putting up with being shit on for years and doing hehaw about it.

I am sick of the whole sorry episode, Board, MSG, MC and his “team” and a section of our support.

Wait and see f**k all being decided tonight apart from prolonging the agony and booting the rusty can further down a blind alley.

Listen, so long as the Scotch pies are competing, they're in the mix.

They can get in the fucking sea. Any c**t liking the steak pies are never real fucking fans and probably want Campbell.