The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

This could be provide MC with a way to withdraw his offer and save what little dignity he has left. It is not difficult to imagine him saying that he wanted all of the MSG shares or none at all.

At least it looks as if something is happening at long last. I certainly hope MC is sent on his way. It is better having a shite team than no team at all.

Maybe they have finally seen the light.  If this does go tits up then the MSG have some major bridge building to do, and they'll also have to explain why they knocked back 3 more credible offers initially.

1 hour ago, FFCinthearea said:

Maybe they have finally seen the light.  If this does go tits up then the MSG have some major bridge building to do, and they'll also have to explain why they knocked back 3 more credible offers initially.

Wouldn't even make a Fifer cross a bridge built by this lot (or MC for that matter) tbh

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Apparently full board will leave according to those who met him last night and McKinnon will be a “head coach” rather than a manager, whatever the difference is.

Think this just means someone else I.e. John Park would be responsible for recruitment. 

Any time frame given?

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced that there is an end in site to this.

I heard recently that a conclusion was very close and was given a timescale for when it would either happen - or fall to bits.  The approximate "D-day" I was given has recently passed.

May be a load of nonsense of course. Particularly as the source was a random old guy in a pub, who claimed he knew because his son's girlfriend was pals with the daughter of the guy who was doing due diligence. Or had previously slept with him. Or took his dogs for a walk. I can't quite remember as I was a bit drunk at the time. ;)

Anyway, if these rumours were cropping up a fortnight or a month ago I'd have ignored them, but the timing seems about right. I've been wondering for the last few days if an announcement was imminent.

I guess we'll find out shortly.

Think this just means someone else I.e. John Park would be responsible for recruitment. 
Any time frame given?

Apparently said that everything is done and the board are now holding off he thinks they are waiting until the AGM at the start of the December.

Says the hotel will be built and will be nothing to do with the club.

Season tickets will become memberships where we’ll get discounts off things in the club shop like tops etc

If he doesn’t take over and we don’t win the league this year we’ll have to go part time next year.

Don’t shoot the messenger, wasn’t there just spoke to someone who was.

Popping in with my spurious gossip that involves Alan Gow waiting to swoop in in January when (not if) this all falls through. Another of his former clubs had asked if he was interested in getting involved with them.

Also, from the same source (ha ha) Mckinnon's team talks every week are apparently summed up as you're better, get paid more so should win. No tactics or game plan. This comes as no surprise and the idea of him as head coach is laughable.

All just hearsay but what are we here for if not to analyse every rumour and bit of gossip when we get nothing from our own club.

Popping in with my spurious gossip that involves Alan Gow waiting to swoop in in January when (not if) this all falls through. Another of his former clubs had asked if he was interested in getting involved with them.

Also, from the same source (ha ha) Mckinnon's team talks every week are apparently summed up as you're better, get paid more so should win. No tactics or game plan. This comes as no surprise and the idea of him as head coach is laughable.

All just hearsay but what are we here for if not to analyse every rumour and bit of gossip when we get nothing from our own club.

No doubt Airdrie would love to have his consortium come on board.

I think the club is being kept in a medically induced coma until Christmas has come and gone.

Can you imagine a new owner coming in and putting some real expectations on McKinnon’s shoulders? The man will dissolve into a pool of magnolia vinyl matt emulsion.