The Falkirk FC Thread

MSG/BOD have messed up totally over the last few years.  This bid from Campbell, which is too good to be true, is their last throw of the dice.    They have been hoodwinked by the amount of future cash investment promised, yet MC cannot show us his cash other than the purchase price and an escrow which his real estate partner (also a sports agent) in USA has put cash in to.

Of all the bids on the table this is definitely the least credible.   

On 28/10/2019 at 16:11, HopeStreetWalker said:

Plough Inn at Forfar just down the road from Station Park then pop into McLarens Bakery for a Bridie on the way to the ground. 

That's a huge help with his appeal for seats on a supporters' bus.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

18 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I disagree, I think a boycott would work. Unfortunately I can’t prove that this season, because 2,200 season ticket holders blindly backed the MSG/Board/McKinnon whilst an additional 2,000 PATG punters continue to walk up and line their pockets even further. No one wants to watch their team more than me, but sometimes you’ve got to stand firm and take a stance for the greater good of the club. If only a couple of hundred folk turn up, these dirty c***s wouldn’t be long in getting to f**k.

All that crowdwanking is now replaced by this.

All that crowdwanking is now replaced by this.

You have to understand the level of hurt and anger in the support.

Whilst I am not convinced ultimately protests will work I can completely understand the frustration

12 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Well, as pish as we are, I am still confident that we will win this league. I feel that something will happen, perhaps a clear the air chat between Ray and the players where they both listen to each other, or Ray throws a double six and hits upon a winning formula, or even we throw more money at Ray in January, but I still think we will eventually click into a half decent team, which is all you have to be to win this league.

Let's be honest, if there was a half decent team in this league they would already be skooshing it, but as utter shite as we are at the moment, we are only two points off the top.

Expect the unexpected!

The big difference is that you are full-time and paying wages that the rest of us could only dream of.

On 27/10/2019 at 14:25, RC55 FFC said:

Hospitality, post match, always hinges on the 90mins that’s been witnessed. Will either be a continuation of a good day out or as you’ve said, you’re desperate to hit the town centre pubs.

Disagree that for the ordinary fan, hospitality is best avoided. I’ve had some brilliant days in hospitality as I’ve been with my mates, ie like minded people. We are booked in a box for the Raith game in December and have no doubt it’ll be a good afternoon with the guys.

I’ve also attended when I’ve been invited by a company or a sponsor. It’s not the same, as you may not be surrounded by supporters, but would say the quality of the day is still very good. As you say though, the down side is some may only be there to be sociable and as such, the passion levels for the game are a pretty slim.

I was in hospitality for the 6-1 game against utd and it was one of the best days ever as a Falkirk fan from start to finish. Fantastic atmosphere before during and after the game which I can only think, as you say, is because of the performance and result on the park. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Whilst I am not convinced ultimately protests will work I can completely understand the frustration

They haven't worked for any team in the UK in my time, we had more of a boycott when Elvis got the big contract, owners are much harder tho to get rid of

10 minutes ago, champions said:

Anyone know what the secret meeting was about last night?

Stop it......

Giving us hope about a sack that's no Santa's is around the corner.

Ps no much of a secret meeting tho 

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

They haven't worked for any team in the UK in my time, we had more of a boycott when Elvis got the big contract, owners are much harder tho to get rid of

Stop it......

Giving us hope about a sack that's no Santa's is around the corner.

Ps no much of a secret meeting tho 

Sorry, I think it was a meeting of fans groups, not the BoD.

2 hours ago, Fast_Action said:

The big difference is that you are full-time and paying wages that the rest of us could only dream of.

I am genuinely not sure what difference that makes to my arguments.

I think most people would agree that Falkirk has the best squad of players in this league, and probably any manager in this league would have us top and playing much better football.

There are no decent teams in this league, and I include Falkirk in that statement. Take Clyde as an example, they beat Falkirk (twice now) then have results like losing 2-0 to an absolute rank rotten Montrose team, and draw with Forfar, and get a pumping at Airdrie.

I think the fact we are playing so badly,  yet we are 2 pts from being top, tells you how poor the other teams are. As I have said many times before, if Falkirk are so shite then why are we only two points off the top? Obviously it means that the other teams are not any better than us and a few are a hell of a lot worse. 

We all know that Falkirk *should* be playing better than they are, and that Ray has every advantage you can possibly think of, except for good managerial skills. Yes, we pay the highest wages and are full-time, but that guarantees nothing, we are a group of individuals, some who should be stand outs in this league, but for some reason they are not playing as a team.

Someone highlighted the disagreement over who should take the penalty against Peterhead, all that shit should be sorted out well before hand. There are far too many examples to go into, but I haven't lost heart yet.

I think we can only improve, lets be honest we have probably played well for the equivalent of about 180 minutes in total. 

People say this is a 'tough league', or a 'hard league to get out of' and 'there are no easy teams in this league. That is bollocks, this league is dire, and any half decent team should be skooshing it, whether they are full-time, part-time, highly paid or playing for a tenner a week.

54 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

I am genuinely not sure what difference that makes to my arguments.

I think most people would agree that Falkirk has the best squad of players in this league, and probably any manager in this league would have us top and playing much better football.

There are no decent teams in this league, and I include Falkirk in that statement. Take Clyde as an example, they beat Falkirk (twice now) then have results like losing 2-0 to an absolute rank rotten Montrose team, and draw with Forfar, and get a pumping at Airdrie.

I think the fact we are playing so badly,  yet we are 2 pts from being top, tells you how poor the other teams are. As I have said many times before, if Falkirk are so shite then why are we only two points off the top? Obviously it means that the other teams are not any better than us and a few are a hell of a lot worse. 

We all know that Falkirk *should* be playing better than they are, and that Ray has every advantage you can possibly think of, except for good managerial skills. Yes, we pay the highest wages and are full-time, but that guarantees nothing, we are a group of individuals, some who should be stand outs in this league, but for some reason they are not playing as a team.

Someone highlighted the disagreement over who should take the penalty against Peterhead, all that shit should be sorted out well before hand. There are far too many examples to go into, but I haven't lost heart yet.

I think we can only improve, lets be honest we have probably played well for the equivalent of about 180 minutes in total. 

People say this is a 'tough league', or a 'hard league to get out of' and 'there are no easy teams in this league. That is bollocks, this league is dire, and any half decent team should be skooshing it, whether they are full-time, part-time, highly paid or playing for a tenner a week.

If it as dire as you are making out, why are teams such as Alloa Athletic, Ayr United and Arbroath more than holding their own in the Championship?

1 minute ago, Angusfifer said:

If it as dire as you are making out, why are teams such as Alloa Athletic, Ayr United and Arbroath more than holding their own in the Championship?

Apparently the Champiosnhip is shite as well. A team as shite as Ayr only being 3 points off the top proves this.

12 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Those teams are not in this league this year.

I am referring to the league as it is now, it is dire.

Do you think there is a good team in this league?

14 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Apparently the Champiosnhip is shite as well. A team as shite as Ayr only being 3 points off the top proves this.

In all fairness it was last season as well, the worst part of it was, we managed to surpass all levels of shiteness to get relegated be shittier than every other team thanks to Project Hartley and what was probably the worst recruitment of any football team in living memory.

Edited by AL-FFC

In all fairness it was last season the worst part of it was, we managed to surpass all levels of shiteness to get relegated be shittier than every other team thanks to Project Hartley and what was probably the worst recruitment of any football team in living memory.
Yeah.... Look how shite us, Partick, Queens, Dunfermline and Alloa all were. Morton too were fucking brutal. Most of league spent most of the campaign trying their best to be relegated. Partick seem to be doing their best to keep it going but it was a spectacularly bad division last season.

4 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Those teams are not in this league this year.

I am referring to the league as it is now, it is dire.

Do you think there is a good team in this league?

Good is relative though, isn' it. And that's the whole point.

Bring someone who only watches Premier League / Champions League on TV to any L1 game and they're going to think it's shite. Bring someone who watches South of Scotland football every week and they'll probably say all the teams are "good".

It's a very well worn P&B trope that fans of teams who're undeperforming or below where they want to be will decry everyone and everything as shite. It's either a "if we're (relatively) shite then everything has to be (objectively) shite" or a "we're used to so much better cos we're such a big team".

It's not exclusive to Falkirk.

12 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

The championship has been going down in quality in recent years, the clubs mentioned have something a lot of teams dont have in the championship with continuity within players and management, the majority of the championship teams of recent years have had varying squads and managers year on year on and we are an example of where the mentioned clusterfuk approach of management and players can do to you.

All you have to do is watch the Friday night sportscene to see the standard, players who can barely pass the ball to each other or hump it 40+ yards

28 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

In all fairness it was last season as well, the worst part of it was, we managed to surpass all levels of shiteness to get relegated be shittier than every other team thanks to Project Hartley and what was probably the worst recruitment of any football team in living memory.

We had better get promoted, can you image Hartley's gloating if we  were to play his promoted Cove Rangers next season.

Ooooooooh please - No !

34 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Good is relative though, isn' it. And that's the whole point.

Bring someone who only watches Premier League / Champions League on TV to any L1 game and they're going to think it's shite. Bring someone who watches South of Scotland football every week and they'll probably say all the teams are "good".

It's a very well worn P&B trope that fans of teams who're undeperforming or below where they want to be will decry everyone and everything as shite. It's either a "if we're (relatively) shite then everything has to be (objectively) shite" or a "we're used to so much better cos we're such a big team".

It's not exclusive to Falkirk.

Everything is relative (arguably).

Obviously everything I stated is only my own opinion, but I genuinely do not see a good quality team in this league at the moment. There may well have been teams in previous years that have won this league and gone on to better things, but I don't see any team, Falkirk included, that look like a decent side. Yes, that is my subjective viewpoint, and relatively speaking people watching Sunday League might look at L1 and think there is some good football being played, whereas, as you say, Champions League viewers would dismiss L1 as very poor.

But, it is completely logical to look at my team Falkirk and honestly say that we are not a good team. Undoubtedly, we have a few players who should stand out in this league. Take Tidser as an example, I thought he would stand out a mile in this league, and for whatever number of reasons he has been a severe let down. He has, perhaps, a handful of good assists, but overall he has not been a good signing thus far.

Now, if I look at my team and I can admit that they are not a good team, and we are only two points off the top of the league then it is perfectly logical to conclude that A) SInce Falkirk are not a good team, then all other teams are also not good, or B) Perhaps we are not as bad a team as I think we are. 

It is just my opinion that this league is dire, I am willing to be proven wrong, but it would take a minor miracle. :)

Edited by BairnBrainBrian
Spelling