The Falkirk FC Thread

17 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interesting read 3 months down the line. Full of information that was either lies or more likely a group of people falling for bullshit. The way it has turned out it is quite laughable some of the content.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/07/26/club-announcement-3/

"Mark Campbell, an English businessman with international interests in sport, real estate and coffee retailing is proposing an initial seven-figure cash injection in the Club" 

So this was July 24th...after he had wound up Markell Real Estate and has anyone ever established if his coffee business has actually started trading yet? Where is the 1M+ of cash injection coming from then?

If this takeover goes through it will be a duping of David Murray levels.  

9 hours ago, Stainrod said:
10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:
None of it matters now. The MSG/BoD are now firmly tramlined onto a path of horrendous decision making. All we can do is watch and wait. We know something bad is coming our way, but we just don’t know what form it will take.
Us old guys can go on about miseries of the mid 70s, but today, right now, the club’s owners have their toes curled over the edge of a cliff that can eclipse everything that has gone before in terms of its damage to FFC. The scary bit is that I don’t think that collectively, they get it.

There is a bad energy surrounding the club just now! It eminates from the board who have lost interest to the management who are indifferent and down to the players who don't seem to care.Watching tidser laugh and joke at half time on the pitch it was obvious he doesn't care if he plays or not .With 4000 customers bored and annoyed by the performance of our team I am really surprised there has been little protest about the position we find ourselves in .

Know what you mean. Its a state of acceptance that this is our lot that is creeping in to our mindset . It's sinking in we cannot and will not effect change in the way the club is managed.

Boycotts , Protests and posts in forums don't matter a jot to the board.

This club needs a drastic change in direction and I just can't see where it is coming from.

There must be a Falkirk fan with a business track record and the funds ( Bairns version of Fergus McCann ) to give the club the shake up it requires. So if there is one reading this - - 

HELP !

There must be a Falkirk fan with a business track record and the funds ( Bairns version of Fergus McCann ) to give the club the shake up it requires. So if there is one reading this - - 
HELP !

There's 40+ of them who were involved in both the BtB bid and later a separate bid with just them. Both rejected.

It infuriates me even more when I think about where we would be if the MSG held there promise to BtB.

12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

To be fair, most of the fans who still back him reside in Methil and Kirkcaldy.

I think even the silent majority have now given up on McKinnon. He would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.

😂  I see what you did there, DF!! 

Of course Raymondo MUST stay!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

11 hours ago, Stainrod said:
11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:
None of it matters now. The MSG/BoD are now firmly tramlined onto a path of horrendous decision making. All we can do is watch and wait. We know something bad is coming our way, but we just don’t know what form it will take.
Us old guys can go on about miseries of the mid 70s, but today, right now, the club’s owners have their toes curled over the edge of a cliff that can eclipse everything that has gone before in terms of its damage to FFC. The scary bit is that I don’t think that collectively, they get it.

There is a bad energy surrounding the club just now! It eminates from the board who have lost interest to the management who are indifferent and down to the players who don't seem to care.Watching tidser laugh and joke at half time on the pitch it was obvious he doesn't care if he plays or not .With 4000 customers bored and annoyed by the performance of our team I am really surprised there has been little protest about the position we find ourselves in .

Lead the protest on saturday and I'm sure plenty will follow.

Looking for 2 seats on a supporters bus for Forfar on Saturday, preferably one which leaves early enough to get a pub at the other end (not that bevvy makes the football much more bearable!)  Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Edited by some_guy

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Boycotts , Protests and posts in forums don't matter a jot to the board.

I disagree, I think a boycott would work. Unfortunately I can’t prove that this season, because 2,200 season ticket holders blindly backed the MSG/Board/McKinnon whilst an additional 2,000 PATG punters continue to walk up and line their pockets even further. No one wants to watch their team more than me, but sometimes you’ve got to stand firm and take a stance for the greater good of the club. If only a couple of hundred folk turn up, these dirty c***s wouldn’t be long in getting to f**k.

It’s going to be interesting to see if they have a plan B if the MC deal falls through or if they plan to remain in place.

One thing is for sure i no longer count them as a safe pair of hands for the club as they are doing more damage staying in place.

It’s going to be interesting to see if they have a plan B if the MC deal falls through or if they plan to remain in place.

One thing is for sure i no longer count them as a safe pair of hands for the club as they are doing more damage staying in place.
If there was ever any doubt or debate about their increasingly cancerous influence on the club, the MSGs decision to install this fucking bampot as preferred bidder to the exclusion of multiple others, then sit idly by as the takeover is reduced to a grown man, with spine wrenching levels of cringe, vomiting the only detail we have all over twitter. The same man is being hounded round the courts for sexual harassment, and the football on show has turned to utter shite, has surely dispelled it?

I mean just take a step back, use what you have seen in the last couple of years and take a look at our club.

If it was any business that you didnt have an emotional attachment to you would be laughing your tits off and wondering when the doors would be getting closed.

The MC saga could have been written in conjunction with the phrase "the icing on the cake". Such incompetence is actually hard to fathom.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If there was ever any doubt or debate about their increasingly cancerous influence on the club, the MSGs decision to install this fucking bampot as preferred bidder to the exclusion of multiple others, then sit idly by as the takeover is reduced to a grown man, with spine wrenching levels of cringe, vomiting the only detail we have all over twitter. The same man is being hounded round the courts for sexual harassment, and the football on show has turned to utter shite, has surely dispelled it?

I mean just take a step back, use what you have seen in the last couple of years and take a look at our club.

If it was any business that you didnt have an emotional attachment to you would be laughing your tits off and wondering when the doors would be getting closed.

The MC saga could have been written in conjunction with the phrase "the icing on the cake". Such incompetence is actually hard to fathom.

You have got to admit the only thing that’s just as much if not more so of a cluster f*ck is Brexit (there is comparisons mind you).  I can only guess they heard this bammer say the supporter wish list and they said yep that’s who we want running the show.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t for all the supporters flagging up all his failed businesses and his past they started to realise they had f*cked up (AGAIN).  So much for an end of the transfer window takeover (i dont know whether to be relieved or not).

You have got to admit the only thing that’s just as much if not more so of a cluster f*ck is Brexit (there is comparisons mind you).  I can only guess they heard this bammer say the supporter wish list and they said yep that’s who we want running the show.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t for all the supporters flagging up all his failed businesses and his past they started to realise they had f*cked up (AGAIN).  So much for an end of the transfer window takeover (i dont know whether to be relieved or not).
Its too much now to put into words how badly they are fucking up, but it is helpfully illustrated by the fucking state of the football and the dire outlook of perhaps not getting out this league, yet the MSG being unable, or more likely unwilling, to deal with the situation whilst they focus on the charlatan

3 hours ago, some_guy said:

Looking for 2 seats on a supporters bus for Forfar on Saturday, preferably one which leaves early enough to get a pub at the other end (not that bevvy makes the football much more bearable!)  Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Plough Inn at Forfar just down the road from Station Park then pop into McLarens Bakery for a Bridie on the way to the ground. 

Well, as pish as we are, I am still confident that we will win this league. I feel that something will happen, perhaps a clear the air chat between Ray and the players where they both listen to each other, or Ray throws a double six and hits upon a winning formula, or even we throw more money at Ray in January, but I still think we will eventually click into a half decent team, which is all you have to be to win this league.

Let's be honest, if there was a half decent team in this league they would already be skooshing it, but as utter shite as we are at the moment, we are only two points off the top.

Expect the unexpected!

28 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Let's be honest, if there was a half decent team in this league they would already be skooshing it, but as utter shite as we are at the moment, we are only two points off the top.

This reminds me of last season, we were easily the worst side in the league but were always just a few points away. I thought we'd eventually claw our way out of it but never did.  Can see this season going the same way with that moron in charge.

Well, as pish as we are, I am still confident that we will win this league. I feel that something will happen, perhaps a clear the air chat between Ray and the players where they both listen to each other, or Ray throws a double six and hits upon a winning formula, or even we throw more money at Ray in January, but I still think we will eventually click into a half decent team, which is all you have to be to win this league.
Expect the unexpected!

Wish I shared your confidence. It feels to me that we are watching a train wreck in slow motion. We can all see the debris on the track up ahead, but we are powerless to stop it from happening. We would need a simultaneous epiphany for around half a dozen people, and that is never going to happen.