The Falkirk FC Thread

We somehow need to get the passion back at the club. It’s missing from the top down and it’s now missing from the match day experience. I’ve been watching FFC for 56 years and I now couldn’t care less if I miss a game. I blame the board over the last five years and they have stripped the life out of the club. Something must change and MC is not the answer.

We are now at the point where there is no one left football wise who has any idea of what the fans expectations are, or what it was like when we were at that level. Only 3 years ago ffs. If we dont get a manager in who can really take hold of the club amd drag them, then we are fucked. A future of abject football, in a total identity vacuum looms large. McKinnon is digging in for the payoff.

He looks as though he has lost the battle to keep the respect of the dressing room. I suspect that battle was fought over Declan McManus' place in the team, resulting in yet another shoe horning to the detriment of results.

Connolly and Doyle had started to look threatening working together down the right, hes broke that up. LL came onto a game after a ropey start and now he is the sacrificial lamb when the likes of Telfer are hiding in plain sight for 90 minutes, and just what the f**k is Tidser getting paid for?

47 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Can I respectfully suggest that you’re possibly taking the football a wee bit too seriously?

I am no fan of Dawson Park Boy but to paraphrase him, "I feel his pain'.

We are all different, I suppose, and usually for me after a shit result like yesterday's I tend to stay off P & B 'cause I'm just not in the mood for reading and posting about that wally McKinnon et al. (This week's result was so bad that I just had to come on to see what other posters were saying). There are other posters out there who come on here rain or shine, good result or bad, ( Bairnardo springs to mind) and man up and take the flak from other team's posters.  I normally just don't have it in me.

Anywho, onto McKinnon. When are the board going to grow some gonads and ditch him? I know that we are only 2 points off the top but anybody can see that McKinnon doesn't have what it takes. Regulars on here will know that I generally have a crap memory but I seem to remember 2 instances where teams sacked their managers when they were there or thereabouts the top of the table: Dundee was the more recent but I think that St Johnstone did something similar, no? Just wish our board had the fortitude to do the same. Surely we can get somebody in to take over in a caretaker capacity until the club ownership gets sorted out? Anybody fancy chipping in to fly Alex Smith back from Australia? I'll throw in a tenner to get the ball rolling.

Here's a chance for the MSG to redeem themselves:

Sack Mckinnon, get Houston back with Lee Miller as his assistant with a remit to both get us back up and groom Miller to take the manager's job in due course. Houston was bad at recruitment but bloody good at organising a team and changing tactics if things weren't working. I believe, with a couple of exceptions, we have a good team who need leadership and guidance. Both are seen as Falkirk men by the fans and that would go a long way to getting the fans behind the team again.

With the space this will buy them, get a new BOD sorted out - preferably with fan's involvement but at the very least clear out those involved in the bad decisions made in the last 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Sack Mckinnon, get Houston back with Lee Miller as his assistant with a remit to both get us back up and groom Miller to take the manager's job in due course. Houston was bad at recruitment but bloody good at organising a team and changing tactics if things weren't working. I believe, with a couple of exceptions, we have a good team who need leadership and guidance. Both are seen as Falkirk men by the fans and that would go a long way to getting the fans behind the team again.

With the space this will buy them, get a new BOD sorted out - preferably with fan's involvement but at the very least clear out those involved in the bad decisions made in the last 3 years. 

I wouldn’t disagree with that.

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I’m well up for this tbh.

A good number of people in the SS, myself included, were giving RM dogs abuse. Hopefully he heard every single word and he's currently contemplating his future. If he had any decency he'd be drafting his resignation letter which will be in the Chairmans inbox for 8.59 tomorrow morning.

RM has been let off so lightly after his part in our relegation and even yesterday he got away with it, bar 1 chant.

52 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Sound proposition but would Housty the old ginger god come back and work with the board that sacked him ?

15 hours ago, keithgy said:

Bell=World class save.

Sammon=Why the f**k did you touch the ball you arsehole

Falkirk FC a broken team just now

Think he was expecting to drop down a level or two and score a barrowload but he's been rank.

He knows he'll never get back out of this level if he doesn't start putting the ball in the back of the net.  Same as last week when three of them were fighting for the penalty and Sammon wouldn't let them near it.  Every man for themselves.

Edited by TottsTrumps

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 hours ago, keithgy said:
Bell=World class save.
Sammon=Why the f**k did you touch the ball you arsehole
Falkirk FC a broken team just now

Just as a wee aside, dont know if anyone had a better view, mines was very good and I thought the header was going wide of the post.

It looked like it was going in from where I was but having seen it again on the highlights, I'm not so sure. 

14 minutes ago, TottsTrumps said:

Think he was expecting to drop down a level or two and score a barrowload but he's been rank.

He knows he'll never get back out of this level if he doesn't start putting the ball in the back of the net.  Same as last week when three of them were fighting for the penalty and Sammon wouldn't let them near it.  Every man for themselves.

At 32, and with no interest from teams at either higher level, it was League One for a full time spot, period. His other options were one of the part-time jobs in League One or Two or back to the Irish Leagues, also part-time. He was a long-shot bet by Ray, and has worked as well as one could expect from such...flashes of what was expected all the time, and stretches of WTF?

It looked like it was going in from where I was but having seen it again on the highlights, I'm not so sure. 
Id put it at 80% sure it would have gone wide or how the outside of the post. I'll need to watxh the highlights much as I dont want to, as I wanted to see if McManus should have scored as I thought at the time.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interesting read 3 months down the line. Full of information that was either lies or more likely a group of people falling for bullshit. The way it has turned out it is quite laughable some of the content.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/07/26/club-announcement-3/

Too funny lines from the release:

Mark Campbell, an English businessman with international interests in sport, real estate and coffee retailing is proposing an initial seven-figure cash injection in the Club under a plan to return Falkirk to the Scottish Premiership from its current place in League One.” - Is that with or without the decimal?

“Mark Campbell is a low-key, but highly successful businessman with a lifetime interest in football.” - With Twitter and the revelations, the jokes write themselves.

“I have wanted to own a football club for some time. I’ve looked at a number in England and Scotland, but when I was introduced to Falkirk I saw huge potential and an opportunity...” - Most honestly thing in the whole statement

“Two other bids were received, including a well-researched and well-presented fan ownership proposal which was detailed and impressive, but did not match the exceptional vision and the financial strength of the proposal the board is now considering in detail.” - FFS.

I agree that it’s a good money earner for the Club but for a fan it’s a no-no.
Having to be sociable when there are more important things at stake, especially after a disastrous performance is just torture.
After the game, I just wanted to disappear but, as I am not a rude person, I stayed on for a short time and had suffer partaking in a daft  general knowledge quiz.
Just imagine, after yesterday, suffering the torture of a pub quiz. I even felt that the quizmasters heart wasn’t in it.
To a true fan who feels the pain, try to avoid hospitality at all costs.

Hospitality, post match, always hinges on the 90mins that’s been witnessed. Will either be a continuation of a good day out or as you’ve said, you’re desperate to hit the town centre pubs.

Disagree that for the ordinary fan, hospitality is best avoided. I’ve had some brilliant days in hospitality as I’ve been with my mates, ie like minded people. We are booked in a box for the Raith game in December and have no doubt it’ll be a good afternoon with the guys.

I’ve also attended when I’ve been invited by a company or a sponsor. It’s not the same, as you may not be surrounded by supporters, but would say the quality of the day is still very good. As you say though, the down side is some may only be there to be sociable and as such, the passion levels for the game are a pretty slim.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interesting read 3 months down the line. Full of information that was either lies or more likely a group of people falling for bullshit. The way it has turned out it is quite laughable some of the content.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/07/26/club-announcement-3/

The bit that sticks out about that and makes it more laughable is the comment about his "financial strength" 

Cant wait to see how they backtrack out of this one when he fails DD