The Falkirk FC Thread

How would sacking him make things worse? The reality is he's probably one of the worst managers in the league and needs to be emptied. 
That and the assistant manager is a p***k of the highest order. 

Haven’t heard much from him so intrigued you feel so strongly about him, what’s he done or said?

Absolutely horrible result and performance. We have players that are being out fought and a manager that is being consistent outthought. Think you’d be hard pressed to sign three players with less willingness to link up and work together than the ones we have. Thought we lucky to only concede 1.

The only hope is we sign the crossbar challenge guy, doing keepie ups before his attempt was cocky as anything, just who we need, glad he missed though [emoji12]

11 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well that depends on who replaces him, so we don't know if it would be better or worse. 

Punting him now we get a new manager. Adding to that it would be most likely that there will be a change in ownership. They take over and could well punt the new manager for whatever reason and bring in their own man.

It could well make a bad situation worse.

Its a shambles for whatever we do it's a mess

There would be a not insignificant amount of cash having to be paid in compo for McKinnon & staff to get rid (what another Craig Campbell disaster Ray has been ).

With the takeover currently happening (I think),  with an agreed valuation of the club and the shares, there won't be any large expense happening until everything is concluded. The BOD would probably need the permission of the preferred bidder to pay off Ray & co as well.  

That was just so awful.
i was invited to hospitality today which was crap.
Three sausages on a splurge of mash. Ugh!!!
You are then forced to sit amongst people who have no real interest in FFC.
Much better to be amongst real fans who care.
Our Manager is clueless and continues to put out formations which are useless against decent teams.
Today our only creativity came from LL and what happens - he gets subbed.
As for Dixon he is well past it. Maybe a central defender but a left back - no way.
Ive tried to be supportive of McKinnon but really - he’s got to go.
Lat week was bad despite winning 4 nil but today was horrendous.
Our BOD are useless as they cannot make up their minds on MC and continue to inflict terrible Managers on us.
This is a miserable Saturday evening despite having been out for a great meal which helped make up for the sh....t served up at hospitality.
Nothing, however, can make up for what I witnessed this afternoon.

That is exactly what hospitality is. When the club put photographs up each week you struggle to recognise anyone, yet these people are treated like lords compared to the serfs in the SS.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That is exactly what hospitality is. When the club put photographs up each week you struggle to recognise anyone, yet these people are treated like lords compared to the serfs in the SS.

Agree totally.

unfortunately, when you are invited, it would be churlish to decline.

As an example, I had 2 young guys sitting behind me who spent the whole game chatting loudly about their careers and friends from Uni. For a dedicated fan this is desecration of the airwaves when you’re going through every level of pain and suffering watching the current FFC shitfest.

Hopefully, no more invites to hospitality.

Never been to hospitality in my 47 years following the Bairns, agree that when you see the pictures you struggle to recognise any of the folk there.

I got offered a free place a few years ago by my pal who worked for a Grangemouth plumbing company that went bust, when I realised who was at the back of the offer I declined.

Guest Ecosse83

Have to disagree with the criticism of the hospitality. Haven't been that much but when I have it's been an enjoyable day. Every club that does hospitality will have in the main a certain clientele that attends and we're no different.

Have to disagree with the criticism of the hospitality. Haven't been that much but when I have it's been an enjoyable day. Every club that does hospitality will have in the main a certain clientele that attends and we're no different.

I was not really having a go at the quality of it merely it is full of non Falkirk fans

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was not really having a go at the quality of it merely it is full of non Falkirk fans

It’s the way of it now though mate. Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs etc all make a lot of money from non fans attending.

Not suggesting we make anywhere near that however any money that is made from hospitality is welcome imo.

Yesterday was a potential game changer for me. For the first time in 40 years I’m considering not going back. McKinnon has really, really scunnered me.

A good number of people in the SS, myself included, were giving RM dogs abuse. Hopefully he heard every single word and he's currently contemplating his future. If he had any decency he'd be drafting his resignation letter which will be in the Chairmans inbox for 8.59 tomorrow morning.

He's clueless and a massive failure, should have went last season, but was given the chance to take us back up at the first time of asking. There is zero evidence that he'll achieve that, appreciate we're only 2 points off the top, but it's clear as day by simply watching us on matchday that he has to go, and go now. 

The BoD/MSG need to grow a set, tell MC to bolt, get rid of RM and bring in someone who knows what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, champions said:

A good number of people in the SS, myself included, were giving RM dogs abuse. Hopefully he heard every single word and he's currently contemplating his future. If he had any decency he'd be drafting his resignation letter which will be in the Chairmans inbox for 8.59 tomorrow morning.

He's clueless and a massive failure, should have went last season, but was given the chance to take us back up at the first time of asking. There is zero evidence that he'll achieve that, appreciate we're only 2 points off the top, but it's clear as day by simply watching us on matchday that he has to go, and go now. 

The BoD/MSG need to grow a set, tell MC to bolt, get rid of RM and bring in someone who knows what they are doing.

Totally agree. He should have been sacked for his part in relegating us.

I agree that it’s a good money earner for the Club but for a fan it’s a no-no.

Having to be sociable when there are more important things at stake, especially after a disastrous performance is just torture.

After the game, I just wanted to disappear but, as I am not a rude person, I stayed on for a short time and had suffer partaking in a daft  general knowledge quiz.

Just imagine, after yesterday, suffering the torture of a pub quiz. I even felt that the quizmasters heart wasn’t in it.

To a true fan who feels the pain, try to avoid hospitality at all costs.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Error I sentence

3 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

No way this takeover is happening. The shyster isn't even bothering replying to his Twitter sycophants anymore "Update us pwease Mark...."

GTF 

I agree it's disappointing that there is no new content to either laugh or cringe at.

It is always worth going back over old MC tweets  - there is actually one where he promises transparency and states the need to be open once he takes over , I nearly fell off my chair !!

This from the guy who still refuses to name one successful business he's owned & specifically where his alleged money has come from 

36 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree that it’s a good money earner for the Club but for a fan it’s a no-no.

Having to be sociable when there are more important things at stake, especially after a disastrous performance is just torture.

After the game, I just wanted to disappear but, as I am not a rude person, I stayed on for a short time and had suffer partaking in a daft  general knowledge quiz.

Just imagine, after yesterday, suffering the torture of a pub quiz. I even felt that the quizmasters heart wasn’t in it.

To a true fan who feels the pain, try to avoid hospitality at all costs.

Can I respectfully suggest that you’re possibly taking the football a wee bit too seriously?