The Falkirk FC Thread

We might not win the league and may well miss out again in the play offs but this man cares about his players and team. Particularly near the end of the interview his emotion shows.
I'd imagine you guys would be desperate for someone with similar feelings if you're going to dump Ray the Snake.

Can’t help wonder if there was something else on his mind when recording that tbh....

He stood all fecking game. No energy, motivation, not a peep. Feck all. Contrast that with Moore and Lennon on the Clyde bench who were in constant dialogue with their players, driving them on. GTF Ray.
this has always been a bug bear of mine, last season at home to alloa, a game we had to win Jim Goodwin was communicating all game with his players up and down the touchline coaching and cajoling. ray just stood there hands in pockets. if I were a player he wouldn't motivate me. the sub, formation and positively changing a game thing is sadly missing too. he needs to go, the only players that seemed to care about the club last season were all let go too McGhee Robson and aero, you can argue their pros and cons as players (I liked all 3) however if you aren't playing well it helps if you actually care and put a shift in first and foremost.

I'm of the opinion I'd almost rather let the players lead themselves now, we are lucky we are still in touch at the top...

I'm of the opinion I'd almost rather let the players lead themselves now, we are lucky we are still in touch at the top...

With the possible exception of Bell, Gomis and Longridge, none of these players appear to give a f**k.
Let them lead themselves we’d be in danger of going down to League Two...

Poor poor display today.The team is too old no energy no desire and no real belief.My ratings out if ten
Bell 7 great save early on
Doyle 6 great energy no guile
Buchanan 5 dominant in the air poor distribution
Dornan 2 total pish no skill.
Dixon 1 taken to the cleaners all day
Telfer 1 pish not good enough
Gomis 6 best player in a poor team longridge 5 tried would be better in a decent team
McManus 1 shocking inept drivel
McMillan 2 not at the races all day
Samson 2 an imposter looks like a colosus plays like a cloddhoper
Subs subuteo guy 0 utter pish

Manager 0 no idea or interest apparently
Out played and out fought by a part time team

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Poor poor display today.The team is too old no energy no desire and no real belief.My ratings out if ten
Bell 7 great save early on
Doyle 6 great energy no guile
Buchanan 5 dominant in the air poor distribution
Dornan 2 total pish no skill.
Dixon 1 taken to the cleaners all day
Telfer 1 pish not good enough
Gomis 6 best player in a poor team longridge 5 tried would be better in a decent team
McManus 1 shocking inept drivel
McMillan 2 not at the races all day
Samson 2 an imposter looks like a colosus plays like a cloddhoper
Subs subuteo guy 0 utter pish

Manager 0 no idea or interest apparently
Out played and out fought by a part time team

Bell=World class save.

Sammon=Why the f**k did you touch the ball you arsehole

Falkirk FC a broken team just now

That was just so awful.

i was invited to hospitality today which was crap.

Three sausages on a splurge of mash. Ugh!!!

You are then forced to sit amongst people who have no real interest in FFC.

Much better to be amongst real fans who care.

Our Manager is clueless and continues to put out formations which are useless against decent teams.

Today our only creativity came from LL and what happens - he gets subbed.

As for Dixon he is well past it. Maybe a central defender but a left back - no way.

Ive tried to be supportive of McKinnon but really - he’s got to go.

Lat week was bad despite winning 4 nil but today was horrendous.

Our BOD are useless as they cannot make up their minds on MC and continue to inflict terrible Managers on us.

This is a miserable Saturday evening despite having been out for a great meal which helped make up for the sh....t served up at hospitality.

Nothing, however, can make up for what I witnessed this afternoon.

Left early as I had seen enough. Poor display with no positives. I felt nothing about the defeat which I think was a common feeling. The ownership saga, the poor tactics and sadly the lack of enthusiasm from the vast majority of the players has finally put me off going back. A bit of me wants MC to take over and I don't give a feck if he is a con man as we don't have much to ruin

Holy f**k just seen the highlights. I know the lot of them were shite but Paul fucking Dixon. I’m fucking irate. Out of position, then retreats away from the attacker, then turns his back on the shot and jumps out the way like a wet wipe. Guy should be fucking ashamed of himself at that. 

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No he's not.

Tidser will be getting very well paid, that’s for sure. Assuming he was probably Morton’s highest paid player, and he left for significantly more than Morton could offer... he must be on around £1000 per week. On form Tidser could be one of the best players in the Championship, but he definitely went through spells when he went off the boil and looked a yard short of pace.

On the other ex-Morton players that joined Falkirk in the summer.

Telfer finished last season well for Morton, but was mostly disappointing. Assume he was also pretty well paid by Morton standards, so can’t say he was worth the money he was getting.

Most would agree that Buchanan was good in the air, and had some very solid games when the opposition kept punting the ball towards him. His distribution was pretty woeful though... decidedly average on the deck.

Denny Johnstone looked completely done in the few appearances he made for Morton last season. That’s just a poor signing judgment by The Snake...

Edited by Dr Zhivago

It’s one thing McKinnon failing to get the best from players. It’s quite another when he takes over the management of players and makes them demonstrably poorer and in some cases, annexes them completely. In a squad like ours, that is unforgiveable.

Tidser has been Morton’s best player for a good while. Under McKinnon, he has become an ineffective bit part player.

Robson completely annexed last season.

McManus considered a natural goal scorer who would score for fun this season stuck out on the left rendering him completely ineffective. This is the guy who was the first Falkirk player to score a first half hat trick in donkey’s years, but McKinnon has ensured it won’t happen again.

Toshney looked comfortable and in control. Dropped for Durnan who has never convinced, yet holds his place regardless.

Connor Sammon looks a shadow of the player we saw early season.

McKinnon is just an ineffective manager. He is a damaging one.As per a Knight’s Tale, he has been weighed, he has been measured, and he has most certainly been found wanting.

What the actual f**k is Dixon playing at for the goal btw? Smith gets the ball about 25 yards out slightly to the right of the goal and he just completely backs off almost running away from him and letting him get his shot away under no pressure. Totally shitebag defending.

McKinnon gave that fucking imposter a 2 year deal tae.

Kudos for quoting A Knight's Tale. Great film.
But I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word annexed.

It’s one thing McKinnon failing to get the best from players. It’s quite another when he takes over the management of players and makes them demonstrably poorer and in some cases, annexes them completely. In a squad like ours, that is unforgiveable.

Tidser has been Morton’s best player for a good while. Under McKinnon, he has become an ineffective bit part player.

Robson completely annexed last season.

McManus considered a natural goal scorer who would score for fun this season stuck out on the left rendering him completely ineffective. This is the guy who was the first Falkirk player to score a first half hat trick in donkey’s years, but McKinnon has ensured it won’t happen again.

Toshney looked comfortable and in control. Dropped for Durnan who has never convinced, yet holds his place regardless.

Connor Sammon looks a shadow of the player we saw early season.

McKinnon is just an ineffective manager. He is a damaging one.As per a Knight’s Tale, he has been weighed, he has been measured, and he has most certainly been found wanting.