The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
46 minutes ago, TxRover said:
While I agree in principle, I still think that even a competent manager might have a time piecing together a side that both suits the current players strengths and addresses the week to week challengers. There are several weak spots (with only one player him their preferred spot) or even gaps, depending on the formation. To an extent, Ray’s shameful tactical displays are driven by his haphazardly built team.
Even a top chef can only do so much with limited ingredients. That’s why I suspect tossing Ray wouldn’t solve the deeper issue completely, and suggest a change (rather than a rearrangement of the deck chairs) would have to accompany Ray’s firing.

Believe our squad is fairly balanced and decent options all over the park except the full back positions, no reason why a half decent manager couldn't make them in too a good team

Best defensive record in britain so not much wrong back there. Would like to see a more attacking left back perhaps though.  Id horse leitch , johnstone and moore in january and try to punt maclean.  Im sure a decent manager could get better than them in the squad.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Best defensive record in britain so not much wrong back there. Would like to see a more attacking left back perhaps though.  Id horse leitch , johnstone and moore in january and try to punt maclean.  Im sure a decent manager could get better than them in the squad.
Wishful thinking but the player id most like to see emptied is Durnan. A bombscare.

Never going to happen though.

Lithgae are no longer Juniors, we're part of the senior pyramid now.

That Ayrshire Junior side just cuffed the top lowland league side and the div 4 leaders so I am glad we have drawn a team at your lowly level which is actually below the top junior side.

If we have the correct mindset we will wipe the floor with you. Slack attitude will be the only thing that will cause us bother

Sure Ray will be making sure we compete against the Rose.

Well at least we are used to playing part time teams. Was talking to tiger McLaughlin the other day and his opinion is we are not fit enough (and therefore play at too slow a tempo for a full time club ) For those of you who weren’t lucky enough to see tiger play should know that certainly wasn’t his problem. When I thought about his observation I can only agree with the exception of the right back who plays at a higher tempo than his brain can operate!

Fair enough, and apologies. Not really been keeping tabs of the switches although I knew there was loads. Still, I think Falkirk should be seeing you out if they take it seriously.
Of course they should. We're 3 levels lower than them and we have a ropey defence [emoji1787]

Toshney has been very unlucky. Csme in did a  grand job and yet durnan keeps getting in ahead of him.
Yeah toshney seemed the complete opposite to Durnan calm and composed on the ball plus great positioning, only logic I can think off is he is carrying a knock as the way he played he shouldn't be out the team.

Yeah toshney seemed the complete opposite to Durnan calm and composed on the ball plus great positioning, only logic I can think off is he is carrying a knock as the way he played he shouldn't be out the team.

.....and that’s the worry with McKinnon. Performances on the pitch doesn’t seem to be enough for him. Clearly, he is a seriously stubborn individual, and it’s possible he places a player’s relationship and/or deference to him ahead of a player’s contribution on the park.

Of what I have seen this season, Durnan is a clear downgrade on Toshney. His annexing of Robson last season kind of feels similar.

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Regarding your first question, seen you play twice on TV, have seen all the comments and thoughts for the past few games and all the complaints. Caused me to look up who is on the team. For instance, is Dixon really your only real left-back...your other options seem to be center backs or defensive mids. You also seem to be very center-mid heavy, which explains Ray’s preference for brute force up the middle over wide play. Do you have a real left wing either, or just a wide mid?

It’s perplexing that with a nice budget Ray (idiot or not, he understands the basic principles of managing a football team) cocked it up as badly as he has and had such a last minute rush to add pieces that seem poorly thought out. I came over here for the MC derby shite and to see what was happening, but am now just as interested in how this all will play out.

For the FFC fans, this is an absolute shitshow of a season so far, with missed opportunities and weird decisions leaving you in a position probably none of you would have expected at the start of the season...especially after the Dumbarton romp. Sorry if you think I’m picking or trolling, it’s just watching Ray turns out to be a lot like driving past an accident.

Edited by TxRover

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

For the FFC fans, this is an absolute shitshow of a season so far, with missed opportunities and weird decisions leaving you in a position probably none of you would have expected at the start of the season...especially after the Dumbarton romp. Sorry if you think I’m picking or trolling, it’s just watching Ray turns out to be a lot like driving past an accident.

“Shitshow” is a very strong word.

We’ve not started as strongly as I’d like, sure, but I’m sure we’ll only get better as the season goes on and I’m fairly confident we’ll win the league.

That’s not a defence of McKinnon who I don’t think is ultimately the right man to take us where we need to go in the longer term but he’ll do enough to get us over the line this year IMO.

So, not a great start but certainly not a “shitshow” either.

Conversely, I guess most Rovers fans are happy with their start to the season? Being a whopping 1 point ahead of us who, by your reckoning, are having an awful season.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

“Shitshow” is a very strong word.

We’ve not started as strongly as I’d like, sure, but I’m sure we’ll only get better as the season goes on and I’m fairly confident we’ll win the league.

That’s not a defence of McKinnon who I don’t think is ultimately the right man to take us where we need to go in the longer term but he’ll do enough to get us over the line this year IMO.

So, not a great start but certainly not a “shitshow” either.

Conversely, I guess most Rovers fans are happy with their start to the season? Being a whopping 1 point ahead of us who, by your reckoning, are having an awful season.

This.

In spite of Ray's negative tactics on the road, we're still the 2nd highest scorers, comfortably the lowest conceders, top for shots taken and shots on target and bottom for shots faced and shots faced on target. 

Not bad for a shitshow.

This.
In spite of Ray's negative tactics on the road, we're still the 2nd highest scorers, comfortably the lowest conceders, top for shots taken and shots on target and bottom for shots faced and shots faced on target. 
Not bad for a shitshow.

In Scotland ?

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

.....and that’s the worry with McKinnon. Performances on the pitch doesn’t seem to be enough for him. Clearly, he is a seriously stubborn individual, and it’s possible he places a player’s relationship and/or deference to him ahead of a player’s contribution on the park.

Of what I have seen this season, Durnan is a clear downgrade on Toshney. His annexing of Robson last season kind of feels similar.

Isn't Toshney only on a deal till the end of the year? Who else was on a short term deal Leitch & Miller?

With there being no reserve team I imagine we've got too many players not getting any game time at all and we'll see Ray trimming the squad a bit.

Have to agree on the comparison of Toshney and Durnan though, the latter looks a bit of a bombscare but I think he's on a 2 year deal so Ray is maybe trying to justify that.

Isn't Toshney only on a deal till the end of the year? Who else was on a short term deal Leitch & Miller?
With there being no reserve team I imagine we've got too many players not getting any game time at all and we'll see Ray trimming the squad a bit.
Have to agree on the comparison of Toshney and Durnan though, the latter looks a bit of a bombscare but I think he's on a 2 year deal so Ray is maybe trying to justify that.
There were two occassions against East Fife which could and should have seen us being punished. Once where the EF lad done him on the touchline, because Durnan didnt see what everyone else in the stadium could see, that knocking the ball down the touchline was the only option, and another where he was far too deep and played someone onside. He is going to be punisher one of these times.

I think its as you say, and we have to make our peace with it.

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Toshney, Longridge, Leitch and Miller.

I think it's a given that we'll want Longridge and at least one if not both of the defenders to stay. So far we've been fortunate with injuries but that can't last forever.

Of the remaining 17 players, ten are on two-years deals with seven out of contract in the summer.

30 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Toshney, Longridge, Leitch and Miller.

I think it's a given that we'll want Longridge and at least one if not both of the defenders to stay. So far we've been fortunate with injuries but that can't last forever.

Of the remaining 17 players, ten are on two-years deals with seven out of contract in the summer.

Is Moore not just on loan till January too? Please say yes?