The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That is what is great about cup games. Stadiums and teams we do not play at normally. Good day/evening out bit of banter and the thrill of a cup tie. Nothing better !

There used to be a good league cup set up late 60's early 70's teams from each division in sections 6-7 teams per section. Played at the start of the season with the later stages played over the next few months.  Did away with pointless friendlies. Good days out at new grounds and got teams division ready for the league games.

Is that not just what we have now?🤔

No its not. 
Between the Star and Garter at the station and the ground - about a 10 min walk - you have 12 pubs. Add in the Bowling Club and the Rose club it is a decent wee pub crawl.
IMHO the best pubs are Platform 3 and the Black Bitch or the Old Post Office if you are wanting to see some football on TV.

crown arms is a belter through the back

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He started off playing a diamond formation which was never going to work and that cost us points at clyde and airdrie.  We have now at least moved on from that . However his tactics still let us down. Classic case was at starks. Two up and cruising and yet does nothing to change things to match the change you made.  Any manager worth his salt wouldve done that and we would be  two points better off and top of the league.

While I agree in principle, I still think that even a competent manager might have a time piecing together a side that both suits the current players strengths and addresses the week to week challengers. There are several weak spots (with only one player him their preferred spot) or even gaps, depending on the formation. To an extent, Ray’s shameful tactical displays are driven by his haphazardly built team.

Even a top chef can only do so much with limited ingredients. That’s why I suspect tossing Ray wouldn’t solve the deeper issue completely, and suggest a change (rather than a rearrangement of the deck chairs) would have to accompany Ray’s firing.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

While I agree in principle, I still think that even a competent manager might have a time piecing together a side that both suits the current players strengths and addresses the week to week challengers. There are several weak spots (with only one player him their preferred spot) or even gaps, depending on the formation. To an extent, Ray’s shameful tactical displays are driven by his haphazardly built team.

Even a top chef can only do so much with limited ingredients. That’s why I suspect tossing Ray wouldn’t solve the deeper issue completely, and suggest a change (rather than a rearrangement of the deck chairs) would have to accompany Ray’s firing.

You seem know a lot about our team don’t you. Don’t think I could name more than 4 Raith players 

Just now, Black Dug said:
53 minutes ago, Andrew Wells said:
Being wary of juniors emoji38.png
Treat them professionally and you'll do them by at least three.

Lithgae are no longer Juniors, we're part of the senior pyramid now.

Fair enough, and apologies. Not really been keeping tabs of the switches although I knew there was loads. Still, I think Falkirk should be seeing you out if they take it seriously.

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How many times have you seen us play this season like?

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We will absolutely destroy Linlithgow Rose with the Navy Blue Juggernaut completely taking over their stadium and their town. 

Bet you were one of the Dancers at the train station. 😂

Edited by lithgierose

Believe our squad is fairly balanced and decent options all over the park except the full back positions, no reason why a half decent manager couldn't make them in too a good team